Who was the most courageous woman listed in the Old Testament and why?

Huckleberry

My choice of the most courageous woman listed in the Old Testament is Isreal.

Israel wanted an exclusive relationship with Jehovah. She never got that. This lack of fidelity on the part of Jehovah is what has cause the problem and not the other way around.

Even today Judaism desires an exclusive relationship but is denied that right due her. Instead she has been beaten, locked in prison for life and repeatedly raped.

Having read the OT and knowing Israel only that well...I wouldn't marry her either. Wouldn't even date her. Would warn my friends about her. So to speak.

2 Kings 17:7-17

My choice is Esther, btw. Just to pretend to stay on topic. :eek:

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The important Old Testament question isn't

Would you marry?

The important Old Testament question is

Would you honor marriage?

Jehovah divorced Isreal. That is not honoring marriage.

The problem has not been Isreal. If there are any Christians out there who want to disagree then this is what they must face-

Show us how Jehovah is like Christ Jesus. Not the other way around.

Huckleberry

The important Old Testament question isn't

Would you marry?

The important Old Testament question is

Would you honor marriage?

Jehovah divorced Isreal. That is not honoring marriage.

The problem has not been Isreal. If there are any Christians out there who want to disagree then this is what they must face-

Show us how Jehovah is like Christ Jesus. Not the other way around.

I don't see how that's the question here. :idunno:

I am dreadfully curious whether you're accusing God of hypocrisy though.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Hypocrisy is a dish best severed cold.

Up until the rampant expansion of divorce in this country there had been a common standing rule that if a man was divorced he could not hold the position of deacon.

Jehovah divorced his first wife.

Shall we list all the other things that he did to her?

And yet she continues to remain faithful to her own harm. This jehovah is a pretty mean spirit. Can you show me a picture of Christ in the dark shadow that he casts?

Huckleberry

Hypocrisy is a dish best severed cold.

Up until the rampant expansion of divorce in this country there had been a common standing rule that if a man was divorced he could not hold the position of deacon.

Jehovah divorced his first wife.

Shall we list all the other things that he did to her?

And yet she continues to remain faithful to her own harm. This jehovah is a pretty mean spirit. Can you show me a picture of Christ in the dark shadow that he casts?

:AMR:

2 Kings 17:7-17
7 For so it was that the children of Israel had sinned against the Lord their God, who had brought them up out of the land of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and they had feared other gods, 8 and had walked in the statutes of the nations whom the Lord had cast out from before the children of Israel, and of the kings of Israel, which they had made. 9 Also the children of Israel secretly did against the Lord their God things that were not right, and they built for themselves high places in all their cities, from watchtower to fortified city. 10 They set up for themselves sacred pillars and wooden images on every high hill and under every green tree. 11 There they burned incense on all the high places, like the nations whom the Lord had carried away before them; and they did wicked things to provoke the Lord to anger, 12 for they served idols, of which the Lord had said to them, “You shall not do this thing.”

13 Yet the Lord testified against Israel and against Judah, by all of His prophets, every seer, saying, “Turn from your evil ways, and keep My commandments and My statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by My servants the prophets.” 14 Nevertheless they would not hear, but stiffened their necks, like the necks of their fathers, who did not believe in the Lord their God. 15 And they rejected His statutes and His covenant that He had made with their fathers, and His testimonies which He had testified against them; they followed idols, became idolaters, and went after the nations who were all around them, concerning whom the Lord had charged them that they should not do like them. 16 So they left all the commandments of the Lord their God, made for themselves a molded image and two calves, made a wooden image and worshiped all the host of heaven, and served Baal. 17 And they caused their sons and daughters to pass through the fire, practiced witchcraft and soothsaying, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger.

I would say the only reason God didn't smite Israel so hard it knocked a permanent, smoldering hole in the planet is because He loves her. Still loves her.

There's your Christ-likeness.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
What seat did Jehovah take in the marriage relationship with his first wife Isreal?

If you tell me he took the first seat then that proves he was not Christ like.

If you tell me he took the second seat then I will answer just as soon as you put that in writing.

Huckleberry

What seat did Jehovah take in the marriage relationship with his first wife Isreal?

If you tell me he took the first seat then that proves he was not Christ like.

If you tell me he took the second seat then I will answer just as soon as you put that in writing.
:think:

Yeah, I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Why don't you take the opportunity to just expound on...whatever...because right now I'm kinda thinking you're probably just a little nuts or something. :idunno:

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Ok I will.

We know more about marriage today then they knew back then. But we all get our concept of marriage from our religion.

David had a harem. He got that idea from his belief system. His belief system was based on his understanding of his god.

David's first wife wanted, no she demanded an exclusive relationship with her own husband. She did not wish to share him with other women. She got her understanding of what marriage is all about from her religion. Her religion was not based on jehovah.

Israel wanted an exclusive relationship with her husband. He refused to give her that kind of a relationship. He was incapable of such. David is a perfect illistration of such a god.

Now then, show us how jehovah is Christ like.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Something is very wrong about your analysis, dialm.

Do you believe in God of Abraham?

Do you believe in God of Jesus?

blessings.

Huckleberry

Israel wanted an exclusive relationship with her husband.
No. She certainly didn't. She was a rebellious, murderous adulterer from start to finish.
He refused to give her that kind of a relationship. He was incapable of such. David is a perfect illistration of such a god.
You're going to have to show where God cheated on Israel. I don't see any other nation God was fooling around with anywhere in there.
Now then, show us how jehovah is Christ like.
Israel still exists.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Something is very wrong about your analysis, dialm.

Do you believe in God of Abraham?

blessings.

Christ is going to marry the Church. The Church will be His one and only wife. He will never leave Her nor forsake Her.

Jehovah is not like that.

Where is my analysis wrong? I want to hear what you have to say. It is important to me. You are a wise person.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
No. She certainly didn't. She was a rebellious, murderous adulterer from start to finish.

You're going to have to show where God cheated on Israel. I don't see any other nation God was fooling around with anywhere in there.

Israel still exists.

Not trying to make you mad. This is important to me. You have a viewpoint that I'm interested in. Please continue.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Christ is going to marry the Church. The Church will be His one and only wife. He will never leave Her nor forsake Her.

Jehovah is not like that.

Where is my analysis wrong? I want to hear what you have to say. It is important to me. You are a wise person.

I am not a wise person.

I just asked you a simple question.

do you believe God of Jesus?

Huckleberry

Not trying to make you mad. This is important to me. You have a viewpoint that I'm interested in. Please continue.

That pretty much covers it. Israel was given every opportunity to repent and embrace her husband...but instead, over and over, consistently established beyond doubt for all eternity that there was no hope for the marriage. And as for being Christlike...God divorced her rather than executing her for adultery (and all her other horrific crimes). And...He still hasn't given up on her and looks forward to the day she returns to Him.

I don't see where He's failed to be righteous here. :idunno:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That pretty much covers it. Israel was given every opportunity to repent and embrace her husband...but instead, over and over, consistently established beyond doubt for all eternity that there was no hope for the marriage. And as for being Christlike...God divorced her rather than executing her for adultery (and all her other horrific crimes). And...He still hasn't given up on her and looks forward to the day she returns to Him.

I don't see where He's failed to be righteous here. :idunno:

well said:)

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I am not a wise person.

I just asked you a simple question.

do you believe God of Jesus?

Are you going to tell me where Jesus said the word 'Jehovah'?

I mean many say that when Jesus calls out a name such as Noah then that proves there was a flood. So can you tell me where the word Jehovah was last mentioned?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Are you going to tell me where Jesus said the word 'Jehovah'?

I mean many say that when Jesus calls out a name such as Noah then that proves there was a flood. So can you tell me where the word Jehovah was last mentioned?

I am talking about overall biblical messages of God and Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok.

I'm talking about the marriage between Jehovah and Israel and how anti-Christ it was.

Did you read huckleberry's post?

He gave good analysis.

You don't seem to believe in God of Jesus.

Jesus believes in His Father, the God.

What is your religion?