• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Why are Christians embracing Evolution?

DLH

That's hilarious. And mine is better than yours as far as I can tell... so there's that.

The book that you said is fallible. How do you get your truth from a fallible book?

I have, but you are too dense to understand it.

Again, NO!

God STRETCHED out the universe and that did NOT take "billions of years".

You are so thoroughly and completely blinded by your "own truth" that you cannot see outside of the little box that you've put yourself in.

Okay. I'm going to continue going quickly over your contributions to the discussions here in the unlikely event that you should have something meaningful to add, but I'm not looking for the tit for tat sort of back and forth that you seem to need to justify your lame position, so I probably won't be responding much. I mean, I could do that if I had the time, I used to love doing it, although with considerable more substance, but until then you go ahead and do you and I will go ahead and do me.

Basically, I'll go quickly over what you add, but only respond if it merits a response.

Right Divider

Body part
Okay. I'm going to continue going quickly over your contributions to the discussions here in the unlikely event that you should have something meaningful to add, but I'm not looking for the tit for tat sort of back and forth that you seem to need to justify your lame position, so I probably won't be responding much. I mean, I could do that if I had the time, I used to love doing it, although with considerable more substance, but until then you go ahead and do you and I will go ahead and do me.

Basically, I'll go quickly over what you add, but only respond if it merits a response.
There is no reason that the universe cannot be HUGE without being billions of years old, since God STRETCHED out the heavens.
That is the bottom line.

You should probably also investigate mature distant galaxies that should not exist.

Mature galaxies exist where the BB predicts only infant galaxies
https://kgov.com/evidence-against-the-big-bang

DLH

Let's NOT. If you're going to make a CLAIM... put some SUPPORT.

[Laughs] Okay. Why not? Someone else might read it that actually cares.

Jehovah God inspired the writing of scripture. That means that he used his Holy spirit to guide, direct and approve of the original writing. Not the translations. What we have is the Bible. The prophets had divine inspiration. The translators, not so much.

How do we see this. Well, take spurious scripture. Jesus telling the mob that brought the prostitute to him and him saying let he who is without sin cast the first stone. That's a really cool account. It certainly is in line with the Bible. Never happened. How do we know? Earlier manuscripts don't include it. It appears suddenly long after Jesus.

Other examples of spurious scriptures are Mark 16:9-20 and 1 John 5:7.

The Bible itself warns of this. Inspired expression often being translated as spirit consider the following. (2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Timothy 4:3-4; 1 John 4:1, 6)

DLH

There is no reason that the universe cannot be HUGE without being billions of years old, since God STRETCHED out the heavens.
That is the bottom line.

You should probably also investigate mature distant galaxies that should not exist.

Mature galaxies exist where the BB predicts only infant galaxies
https://kgov.com/evidence-against-the-big-bang

One more time. I want you to tell me why light traveling 14 billion light years away wouldn't indicate 14 billion year old creation. That's all. Simple.

Right Divider

Body part
[Laughs] Okay. Why not? Someone else might read it that actually cares.

Jehovah God inspired the writing of scripture. That means that he used his Holy spirit to guide, direct and approve of the original writing. Not the translations. What we have is the Bible. The prophets had divine inspiration. The translators, not so much.
Yes, I understand this. And yet you believe that the Bible that we now have is not trustworthy due to "translation".

Do you think that God is not capable of getting an accurate translation to us?
How do we see this. Well, take spurious scripture. Jesus telling the mob that brought the prostitute to him and him saying let he who is without sin cast the first stone. That's a really cool account. It certainly is in line with the Bible. Never happened. How do we know? Earlier manuscripts don't include it. It appears suddenly long after Jesus.
You are making a categorical error. Earlier manuscripts are still NOT the original. They could simply be missing some of the original material. Therefore, they are NOT more authoritative.
Other examples of spurious scriptures are Mark 16:9-20 and 1 John 5:7.

The Bible itself warns of this. Inspired expression often being translated as spirit consider the following. (2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Timothy 4:3-4; 1 John 4:1, 6)
🤣

DLH

Yes, I understand this. And yet you believe that the Bible that we now have is not trustworthy due to "translation".

Do you think that God is not capable of getting an accurate translation to us?

Good question. He doesn't need to. I'm not bashing the Bible, but the Bible only serves as an example to us (test: can you give me scriptural reference saying exactly that? Hint, Jesus brother.) The law of Adam, the law of the Angels, the law of Noah, the law of Moses, the law of the Christian - these are examples of change through time. It's God's history to us. It was important that they (the inspired writers) got the message right in their time. For us it is only an example.

You are making a categorical error. Earlier manuscripts are still NOT the original. They could simply be missing some of the original material. Therefore, they are NOT more authoritative.

See?! You're not completely useless! Excellent point. But, what about missing material in the first place? Why would God withhold some information at one point in time only to reinsert it later? Also, in the case I mentioned (he without sin) that is in line with scripture, as I said, but the others I mentioned are misleading and doctrinal bias resulting in misinterpretation, in deception.

Right Divider

Body part
Good question. He doesn't need to. I'm not bashing the Bible, but the Bible only serves as an example to us (test: can you give me scriptural reference saying exactly that? Hint, Jesus brother.) The law of Adam, the law of the Angels, the law of Noah, the law of Moses, the law of the Christian - these are examples of change through time. It's God's history to us. It was important that they (the inspired writers) got the message right in their time. For us it is only an example.
You're inventing things.
See?! You're not completely useless!
Insults are not helping you.
Excellent point.
Indeed it is and it completely invalidates your argument.
But, what about missing material in the first place? Why would God withhold some information at one point in time only to reinsert it later?
He didn't. Men make mistakes, but that does not diminish what we have today.
Also, in the case I mentioned (he without sin) that is in line with scripture,
So the scripture is in line with the scripture?
as I said, but the others I mentioned are misleading and doctrinal bias resulting in misinterpretation, in deception.
Misinterpretation is never God's fault nor His Word.

DLH

You are exceedingly dense...

Because the heavens have been STRETCHED out. It's just that simple.

Are you talking about the Heart of Gold Infinite Improbability Drive?

[Edit]: By the way. I'm taking a break from working on my website and so I have some time to kill. When I go back to it don't think that I've left in a huff. I will return regularly as long and as often as I can. I'm not here to argue doctrine as such, but to understand it. I may disagree and I may have questions, but I still don't have time for nonsense. By that I mean repeating doctrine dogmatically that I don't understand like that makes it true. Your explanation doesn't make sense to me like mine doesn't make sense to you. I think I'm doing a much better job of explaining mine than you are explaining yours. That's because of dogma. Ideological fixation. Tradition. I know all of that stuff, but I want you to explain in your own words. No links. Insults are fine as long as you explain.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
And where do those spirits go? Are they alive somewhere waiting for new, glorified bodies? Rather “spirit” in those cases, and in ours, makes more sense as a life force, or “breath”.
Job 27:3 (KJV) All the while my breath [is] in me, and the spirit of God [is] in my nostrils;
“Breath” is equated with God’s spirit, which is unlikely to just reside in your nostrils, if it’s talking about some component of humans that remains after physical death.
Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

No where does the Bible say a soul was added to man. He became a living soul.

Elsewhere in the Bible, if you search for the Hebrew word in the Strong's concordance, you will find it also translated as person, he and other pronouns, and the like all of which point towards nephesh not being separate from an individual, but the person themselves. God breathed into Adam the breath of life and Adam became a living person.

Gary K

Banned
The answer to the question asked in the title to this thread is because so few Christians actually believe God's word. When faith in it is destroyed something else must replace the Bible.

Right Divider

Body part
No.
[Edit]: By the way. I'm taking a break from working on my website and so I have some time to kill. When I go back to it don't think that I've left in a huff. I will return regularly as long and as often as I can. I'm not here to argue doctrine as such, but to understand it. I may disagree and I may have questions, but I still don't have time for nonsense. By that I mean repeating doctrine dogmatically that I don't understand like that makes it true. Your explanation doesn't make sense to me like mine doesn't make sense to you. I think I'm doing a much better job of explaining mine than you are explaining yours. That's because of dogma. Ideological fixation. Tradition. I know all of that stuff, but I want you to explain in your own words. No links. Insults are fine as long as you explain.
The reason that I repeat it is that you ignore it. It answers your "problem".

You fixate on "starlight from billions of light years away" as if there is no other alternative.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Okay, all that aside I want to ask you 2 short questions and if you don't mind, give short answers.

1. Did Jesus tell the criminal that died next to him that today he would be in paradise with Jesus? (Luke 23:43)

2. Where did Jesus go when he died and for how long?

There's a thread discussing exactly that that you should check out. Don't derail this thread.

DLH

The answer to the question asked in the title to this thread is because so few Christians actually believe God's word. When faith in it is destroyed something else must replace the Bible.

Do you think it's a case of not believing God's words or thinking that God's word is something that it isn't? I think that they become fixated with (dogmatic) about traditional doctrine and they make the Bible fit with that in their eyes. In other words the tradition becomes their God.

Right Divider

Body part
Do you think it's a case of not believing God's words or thinking that God's word is something that it isn't? I think that they become fixated with (dogmatic) about traditional doctrine and they make the Bible fit with that in their eyes. In other words the tradition becomes their God.
You should look in a mirror. Your beliefs have become your "God".

Gary K

Banned
It doesn't matter how you slice it. Not believing God's word is not believing God's word and the results are exactly the same. We will wander around thinking we are wise when we are just following our own, or someone else's, imagination rather than God's word for only it is truth unmixed with error.

Reactions: DLH

DLH

There's a thread discussing exactly that that you should check out. Don't derail this thread.

We were discussing the application of the word day. As Jesus used. Today. This day. Then the criminal died and went to the grave awaiting resurrection. He was asleep in death. When he wakes up it will be as if it were the same day. To him. Though thousands of years will have passed. Jesus himself went to hell (the grave) for three days. He won't see the criminal for thousands of years.

Last edited: