why did John water baptize Jesus ?

DAN P

In Matt 3:15 John water baptized Jesus , he had no sin ?

Acts 2:38 says all had to repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sin and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit ?

Did Christ ever repent of any thing ?

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

In Matt 3:15 John water baptized Jesus , he had no sin ?

Acts 2:38 says all had to repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sin and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit ?

Did Christ ever repent of any thing ?

dan p
Christ did repent , but not of sin .

In Gen 6:6 Christ did repent that he made man .

and in verse 7 , says , I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth , both man , and beast , and the creeping thing and the fowls of the air for it repented me that I have made them >

Then read the next verse , 8 !!

But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord .

try to finish tomorrow .

dan p

DAN P

and in verse 7 , says , I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth , both man , and beast , and the creeping thing and the fowls of the air for it repented me that I have made them >

try to finish tomorrow .

dan p
So , instead of doing what verse 7 says , Christ saved 8 souls .

In 1 Peter 3:20 8 souls were saved BY A DRY BAPTISM .

The ones OUTSIDE of the ARK were WATER BAPTIZED .

Matt 3:15 Jesus baptism was to FULFILL ALL RIGHTESSNESS .

When a HIGH PRIEST in the OLD TESTAMENT went to minister to God he had to wash FEET and HANDS or God would kill them .

That is why Jesus had to be BAPTIZED .

Now will be the HIGH PRIEST in the MILLNNIEL KINGDOM after the order of Melchisedec as written in Heb 5:5 and 6 .

Also remember that Melchisedec had no genealogy , endless of days , nor end of life , so did he dry ?

Melchisedec was Christ , and that means Melchisedec did die as HE was a type of Christ .

dan p

Last edited:

Bradley D

The baptism of Jesus seemed to be the beginning of His ministry. For when Jesus arose the Father declared Jesus to be His Son. It also appears to be the beginning of the end of John the baptist ministry.

DAN P

The baptism of Jesus seemed to be the beginning of His ministry. For when Jesus arose the Father declared Jesus to be His Son. It also appears to be the beginning of the end of John the baptist ministry.
Acts 1:5 says why John ministry ended >

dan p

DAN P

Also John was taken prisoner by King Herod and later beheaded.
Yes , he was !!

But Acts 1:5 says that there 2 baptisms , and one water baptism by John .

The other was baptism by Holy Spirit and no water required .

#1 Notice that there is a difference between baptized ( the ) Holy Spirit .

#2 and there is baptized ( with ) Holy Spirit .

number one means , baptized with water .

number 2 , means baptized with the power of Holy Spirit .

The Greek word Baptizo , is a transliterated word into English , rather than Translated , and its basic meaning is ' to put into , to place into .and from this have come other meaning such as ' to dip , immerse , identify ' .

dan p

Hoping

Banned

try to finish tomorrow .

dan p
I have wondered about that too, but while praying about it, I heard the word "Cleanse".
I looked up the word in my concordance and found this in Num 8:6...."Take the Levites from among the children of Israel, and cleanse them."
This was the "priest's" preparation for service to God.
Jesus was "fulfilling all righteousness" by fulfilling the presage set forth in Numbers for a man to be set aside to be a priest.

DAN P

I can't agree.
John's baptism, now in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins and the baptism of the Holy Ghost continue today.
SO John baptism is continuing ,for the remission of sins and the baptism of the Holy Ghost continues today , where ?

and who was water baptism given too ??

John 1:31 that water baptism was given to Israel , ( not to Gentiles )

Eph n4:5 says that there is only one baptisma , ( not baptizo )

dan p

Bradley D

John tells us that “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire" (Mt. 3:11).

Some see that "fire" as like a refiner's fire cleansing us.

Hoping

Banned
SO John baptism is continuing ,for the remission of sins and the baptism of the Holy Ghost continues today , where ?
Here.
and who was water baptism given to ??
Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins is given to all who repent of sin.
John 1:31 that water baptism was given to Israel , ( not to Gentiles )
By that logic, so was eternal life.
Eph n4:5 says that there is only one baptisma , ( not baptizo )
dan p
One baptism from God.
Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is accomplished by men.
It is also written..."
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment." (Heb 6:1-2)
Baptisms is in the plural here.

Hoping

Banned
John tells us that “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire" (Mt. 3:11).

The baptism of fire will occur when Jesus returns with His angels of fire to destroy the earth.
It is written..."Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:" (Ps 104:4)
It is written..."And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:" (2 Thes 1:7-8)
The next verse after your citing also hints at it..."Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." (Matt 3:12)
Jesus ' blood is what "cleanses us".

Right Divider

Body part

Who is "US"? John was preaching to the nation of Israel. THEY needed to be cleansed (and also made back into ONE nation).

Ezek 37:21-28 (AKJV/PCE)
(37:21) And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: (37:22) And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: (37:23) Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. (37:24) And David my servant [shall be] king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. (37:25) And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, [even] they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David [shall be] their prince for ever. (37:26) Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. (37:27) My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (37:28) And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

DAN P

The baptism of fire will occur when Jesus returns with His angels of fire to destroy the earth.
It is written..."Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:" (Ps 104:4)
It is written..."And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:" (2 Thes 1:7-8)
The next verse after your citing also hints at it..."Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." (Matt 3:12)
Jesus ' blood is what "cleanses us".
I forgot to mention what FIRE / PUR means is judgement .

dan p

Hoping

Banned
You mean baptized without water? Interesting....
Yep, as it is one of the baptisms done without water.
As there was a baptism wherein the Israelites experienced/took part in, (were immersed into), all that Moses commanded and experienced, without water, (1 Cor 10:2), so too will all men experience/take part in, (be immersed into), their own judgement on the last day.
That final baptism will be with fire.

Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins is our experiencing/taking part in, (immersed into), the crucifixion and burial of Jesus Christ. (Rom 6:3-7)

Right Divider

Body part
Yep, as it is one of the baptisms done without water.
As there was a baptism wherein the Israelites experienced/took part in, (were immersed into), all that Moses commanded and experienced, without water, (1 Cor 10:2), so too will all men experience/take part in, (be immersed into), their own judgement on the last day.
That final baptism will be with fire.
The baptism of fire that John the baptizer was referring to was NOT the final judgment. It was the cleansing of Israel during the tribulation, i.e., the time of Jacob's trouble.
Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins is our experiencing/taking part in, (immersed into), the crucifixion and burial of Jesus Christ. (Rom 6:3-7)
That is incorrect, no matter how many time you repeat it.

Have you not noticed that Paul never once commands a Jewish water ceremony for the body of Christ?

Hoping

Banned
The baptism of fire that John the baptizer was referring to was NOT the final judgment. It was the cleansing of Israel during the tribulation, i.e., the time of Jacob's trouble.
I disagree.
That is incorrect, no matter how many time you repeat it.
I disagree.
Have you not noticed that Paul never once commands a Jewish water ceremony for the body of Christ?
I have noticed that he never calls water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins a Jewish water ceremony.
Probably because more than just the Jews had their sins remitted by it: not to mention had their old man of sins killed by it and then were raised with Christ to walk in newness of life by it. (Rom 6:3-7)
He calls it baptism... for the twelve at Ephesus and the "many" at Corinth, and Crispus, and Gaius, and the household of Stephanas, and Lydia and her household, and the jailer and his household at Thyatira, etc.
And me.