Why did the Jews Kill Jesus?

Ben Masada

And yet Saul summoned Samuel after his death through a medium. Surely the Spirit lives on.

Did you read the text well enough? I don't think so. Saul never saw Samuel; he simply and stupidly chose to trust the witch of Endor that she was speaking with Samuel. Have you ever been to séance? That's what they do when consulting the dead. They imitate the voice of the dead to achieve credibility as a witch. Wake up and smell the coffee!

Ben Masada

I'm curious what you make of these verses?
Rom. 5:6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.......19 For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

Acts 28:23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.

These verses you have mentioned above are from the gospel of Paul. I am talking about the gospel of Jesus who was a Jew and whose Faith was Judaism. The NT he never even dreamed would ever rise.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God and therefore forgave the sins of GOD'S PEOPLE while he walked the earth.

When Jesus was sacrificed then ALL COULD COME TO HIM TO BE WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS' BLOOD.

I know you know you are missing something in your life. Come to God's Truth.
The idea of a bloody sacrifice is an ancient pagan belief.

Jesus (and John the Baptizer) preached repentance before a God of mercy. The idea of human sacrifice would have disgusted a first-century Jew like Jesus. Dying on the cross for human salvation is a theological meaning overlaid on Jesus's life and death by his later followers.

Most Christians look at Jesus and the Bible through the lens of the Gospel of John. John was so intent on seeing Jesus as the sacrificial Lamb of God that he has Jesus dying on the Day of Preparation when the paschal lambs were killed for the holiday meal.

The other three gospels record Jesus dying on Passover--the day after.

Ben Masada

Are you using Matt 9:9 as proof that he didn't write it?

Mat. 9:9 is just one of the proofs. The NT quarries many other proofs. Among the non-Jewish and anti-Jewish doctrines there are sufficient evidences that none of the apostles of Jesus or a Jew at all wrote a single book of the NT.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It is not mine it is God's Truth.

You do not believe the Holy Bible. You do not believe that God reserved His written Word exactly as we have it in the Holy Bible.

You are the one with the man made beliefs you claim those who believe the Holy Bible have.
If you look around the posters here on TOL, everyone has a different idea what "God's Truth" is and what it is not.

You are probably unaware of the many different traditions, theologies and legends that are contained in the Bible. And you probably feel more comfortable dismissing the contradictions and discrepancies.

I believe, with the overwhelming consensus of historians, that the Bible is a human product written by many people inspired by God.
It just makes no common sense for me to believe it was somehow "channeled" like some Ouija Board.

At any rate, I accept and believe that the Bible is true, but it is not always factually correct. But I am bound to take it seriously as a Christian.

Ben Masada

Yeshua was not killed!
He was put to a penal death!
The Jews had no authority to put anyone to death which was why Pilot ordered the execution of the Messiah, it was a Roman hand that nailed Messiah to the tree, Yeshua was executed by the Romans not the Jews. Officially Yeshua was seen as a rival threat to the Roman Empire and was executed by the Romans.

Cal hakavod Intojoy. I couldn't have said any better. Only a small detail. Pilate did not order the execution of the Messiah but of Jesus. The only one in the History of the world who ordered the execution of the Messiah was Hitler when he decreed the Final Solution of the Jewish People and killed more Jews than any other before and after him.

lifeisgood

And you are jealous that the written Word of God was given to the Jews only and to no other people on earth. (Psa. 147:19,20)

And what an awesome privilege it is to have received the word of God. What an awesome privilege.

However, how sad that the Jews did not want to share HIS word with anybody else, as if God only created Jews, and God had no other alternative but to go to the dogs so that HIS plan should be fulfilled.

What an awesome privilege for dogs to also have received HIS word and how sad that the dogs are following the Jewish example.

No wonder HIS wrath is coming to this world as prophesied.

God's Truth

Yeshua was not killed!
He was put to a penal death!
The Jews had no authority to put anyone to death which was why Pilot ordered the execution of the Messiah, it was a Roman hand that nailed Messiah to the tree, Yeshua was executed by the Romans not the Jews. Officially Yeshua was seen as a rival threat to the Roman Empire and was executed by the Romans.

Jesus was not killed? You are really in LaLa Land.

God's Truth

aikido7,
Just because the pagan religion seemed similar to God's does not make God's false.
To believe what you say, one would have to say the God of all creation could not keep a book reserved for us exactly as He wants.
Jesus' blood atones for the sins of the world, not his follower's blood.
Dying for God's Truth shows that there is nothing more important.
All the special days were about Jesus; all the special days. They were shadows of Jesus. Jesus is our Passover. Jesus is our Sacrifice.

Last edited:

God's Truth

If you look around the posters here on TOL, everyone has a different idea what "God's Truth" is and what it is not.

You are probably unaware of the many different traditions, theologies and legends that are contained in the Bible. And you probably feel more comfortable dismissing the contradictions and discrepancies.

I believe, with the overwhelming consensus of historians, that the Bible is a human product written by many people inspired by God.
It just makes no common sense for me to believe it was somehow "channeled" like some Ouija Board.

At any rate, I accept and believe that the Bible is true, but it is not always factually correct. But I am bound to take it seriously as a Christian.

You do not take the written Word of God seriously. You compare it to evil, and you say it is corrupt.

God's Truth

And what an awesome privilege it is to have received the word of God. What an awesome privilege.

However, how sad that the Jews did not want to share HIS word with anybody else, as if God only created Jews, and God had no other alternative but to go to the dogs so that HIS plan should be fulfilled.

What an awesome privilege for dogs to also have received HIS word and how sad that the dogs are following the Jewish example.

No wonder HIS wrath is coming to this world as prophesied.

Right, except that those 'dogs' are those who did not OBEY God.

Those dogs can obey God now and be saved.

They are dogs because like dogs, they do not obey their father...for to obey your father is to know your father.

Jamie Gigliotti

Did you read the text well enough? I don't think so. Saul never saw Samuel; he simply and stupidly chose to trust the witch of Endor that she was speaking with Samuel. Have you ever been to séance? That's what they do when consulting the dead. They imitate the voice of the dead to achieve credibility as a witch. Wake up and smell the coffee!
The witch didn't even know who Saul was until Samuel spoke.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Just because the pagan religion seemed similar to God's does not make God's false.
You are woefully misinformed if you believe I could even slightly believe that religions are "false."

To believe what you say, one would have to say the God of all creation could not keep a book reserved for us exactly as He wants.
Books and libraries are concepts of human beings. God does not "reserve books." He is probably, in my opinion, not interested at all in the reading habits of humanity.

I go with the wisdom of the Jews on this one: God is an awesome mystery which cannot be described with human words.

Jesus' blood atones for the sins of the world, not his follower's blood.
I agree. The simple fact that we are now aware of other faiths and different cultures makes that theology profoundly meaningful for today's people. It wasn't until the 1700s that the word "religion" could be seen as ending with the letter "s."

Dying for God's Truth shows that there is nothing more important.
I agree.

All the special days were about Jesus. All the special days. They were shadows of Jesus. Jesus is our Passover. Jesus is our Sacrifice.
Those are interesting and poetic ways to express your theology. Like the gospel authors before us, we all have to find a Jesus that makes sense to us.