Why did the Jews Kill Jesus?

Ben Masada

1 - And what an awesome privilege it is to have received the word of God. What an awesome privilege.

2 - However, how sad that the Jews did not want to share HIS word with anybody else, as if God only created Jews, and God had no other alternative but to go to the dogs so that HIS plan should be fulfilled.

3 - What an awesome privilege for dogs to also have received HIS word and how sad that the dogs are following the Jewish example.

4 - No wonder HIS wrath is coming to this world as prophesied.

1 - Indeed, it has been an awesome privilege to this day! And I will never cease sharing with all my listeners how awesome it had been.

2 - And how sad that you still hold this negative idea! I share the Word of HaShem for about 4 hours a day through the internet and sometimes for more than 5 hours personally on the Sabbaths.

3 - Now, I don't know what you are talking about. If you are referring to the Gentiles, Jesus was the only one to refer to them as dogs. I have never heard of another Jew to do so. (Mat. 7:6; and 15:26)

4 - If we suffer as a result of the "wrath" of God, at least it comes to us as a chastisement. It is better than to be consumed as the other nations. (Jer. 46:28)

Ben Masada

because they were too prideful to recognize Him as the Son of God

:mock:stoopid joos

He was the son of God without an earthly biological father only according to the gospel of Paul. As a Jew that he was, he was son of God only while he lived as part of the Jewish People. Evidence? Read Exod. 4:22,23. "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me." This text means that rather the Jews recognize Jesus as son of God. Jesus according to Mat. 18:1 is according to the gospel of Paul; a son of God that way is akin to the Greek demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. Sorry, because the truth hurts sometimes.

Ben Masada

The witch didn't even know who Saul was until Samuel spoke.

But of course! She was suspecting but, obviously, if she had entered into panic before satisfying Saul, she would be as good as dead. So, she gave some time to time to get into the spirit so to speak and misguided Saul to the end as she pleased.

God's Truth

You are woefully misinformed if you believe I could even slightly believe that religions are "false."
You said what you did. You said, “The idea of a bloody sacrifice is an ancient pagan belief.”
See, you are the type of person you keep telling us you do not like.
Books and libraries are concepts of human beings. God does not "reserve books." He is probably, in my opinion, not interested at all in the reading habits of humanity.

I go with the wisdom of the Jews on this one: God is an awesome mystery which cannot be described with human words.
Where did you get that from?
The Holy Bible is the written Word of God.
I agree. The simple fact that we are now aware of other faiths and different cultures makes that theology profoundly meaningful for today's people. It wasn't until the 1700s that the word "religion" could be seen as ending with the letter "s."
The Bible speaks of false beliefs. That same Bible says Jesus’ blood atones for our sins.
Those are interesting and poetic ways to express your theology. Like the gospel authors before us, we all have to find a Jesus that makes sense to us.
You are patronizing. God’s Truth can be found. Obey and believe what is in the Holy Bible, and stop throwing out the things you do not like.

Ben Masada

Peter never wrote that speech and never delivered it. Luke wrote it but did not dare to deliver it in Jerusalem, I am sure. It was recorded for posterity by Christian Hellenists to gather apostolic credibility for the Church. Peter was a Jew and he would not slander his People with such a lie for he knew that the Romans had crucified Jesus, not the Jews.

God's Truth

No one has ever said that here before but yourself. If you have an issue with the Jews for this, take it with God, not with us.

You have boasted that the Jews had the old law. You have claimed there is no new covenant. As I have explained to you before, anyone could have converted to the old covenant. God promised things to Abraham and to his blood descendants because God loved Abraham. God does not save anyone according to whom they are blood related to, except those who are covered by the blood of Jesus.

See John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Natural descent is about blood relations.

God's Truth

Peter never wrote that speech and never delivered it. Luke wrote it but did not dare to deliver it in Jerusalem, I am sure. It was recorded for posterity by Christian Hellenists to gather apostolic credibility for the Church. Peter was a Jew and he would not slander his People with such a lie for he knew that the Romans had crucified Jesus, not the Jews.

Where is your temple?

Ben Masada

You have boasted that the Jews had the old law. You have claimed there is no new covenant. As I have explained to you before, anyone could have converted to the old covenant. God promised things to Abraham and to his blood descendants because God loved Abraham. God does not save anyone according to whom they are blood related to, except those who are covered by the blood of Jesus.

See John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Natural descent is about blood relations.

I have never claimed here or anywhere else that there is no New Covenant. As I can see, you have a loose tongue to slander. I have rather and for many times posted the New Covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah in Jer. 31:31. Perhaps you are frustrated that the text does not mention the Gentiles. As I said before, if you have an issue with us about this one too, take it with God, not with us.

kayaker

1 - And the real answer was that his own disciples did it whereas unaware of what they were doing. (Luke 19:37-40)

2 - This is a reference to the catastrophic occurrences of rapes perpetrated by Romans in Israel in the First Century.

3 - No, I would not say but the Hellenists who wrote the gospels found many reasons to say so.

Ben... Ben... Your theology has Been around since shortly after the Ark landed. Before, actually (Genesis 4:8, 9, 10), but another time, perhaps (Matthew 23:35 KJV). You do entirely crack me up, though! And, I sincerely appreciate your presence on TOL, seriously. The ISRAELITE Jews didn't instigate the crucifixion (Revelation 2:9, 3:9), although there certainly were Israelite Jewish tagalongs (Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:23 KJV) following along behind that "untoward generation" (Acts 2:40 KJV). Who was that "untoward generation", anyway, Ben?

Those who instigated the crucifixion were your ancestors: Descendants of Judah via his "Canaantiess" wife (1Chronicles 2:3, Genesis 38:1, 2). Your ancestors certainly were entitled to refer to themselves as Jews from a theological perspective. I mean, I circumcise a boar before tossing him in the smoker with a rather stunned look chiseled on his face, lol.

Those CIRCUMCISED Shelanite (Genesis 38:1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 26; Numbers 26:20), NON-Israelite (John 8:33 KJV) descendants of Isaiah's prophesied Messianic progenitor (Isaiah 65:9) were waiting for their messiah from their endless genealogy. But, of course, Jesus was a descendant of Isaiah's Messianic progenitor (Isaiah 65:9) and his daughter-in-law, Tamar (Genesis 38:24, 29, 30; Matthew 1:3 KJV, Luke 3:33 KJV). And, your ancestors were waiting for Him with baited breath since Genesis 3:14, 15, Genesis 4:7, 8, 9 (Matthew 23:30 KJV, Matthew 23:31 KJV, Matthew 23:33 KJV, Matthew 23:34 KJV, Matthew 23:35 KJV; John 8:28 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:41 KJV, John 8:44 KJV, John 8:47 KJV).

I don't think those circumcised mamzerim (progeny of a forbidden marriage, Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV) Shelanite accusers of their Israelite brethren took too well to the documented realization they were not really God's chosen after all... God's chosen were the Israelite Jews (Deuteronomy 7:6, 7, 8, 9, 10). God told those pre-conquest Israelites to wipe your ancestors off the face of the Promised Land (Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3). Really interesting who those ancestral Israelites were running with, that "untoward generation" (Acts 2:40 KJV) that instigated the crucifixion of Jesus (Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:23 KJV) that Peter warned those Israelite Jews about!

So, please be explicit, Ben. Who was that "untoward generation" that instigated the crucifixion of Jesus?

kayaker

God's Truth

I have never claimed here or anywhere else that there is no New Covenant. As I can see, you have a loose tongue to slander. I have rather and for many times posted the New Covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah in Jer. 31:31. Perhaps you are frustrated that the text does not mention the Gentiles. As I said before, if you have an issue with us about this one too, take it with God, not with us.

You are not telling the truth about me, you are telling only about yourself. You are the slanderer. You are exactly what you falsely accuse me of being.

God told us in the old testament that the Gentiles would be saved.

Luke 24:47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Psalm 117:1 Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.

Apostle Paul even quotes Psalm 117:1 to let the Gentiles know that it was said in the Old Testament that they would be brought near to God one day.

Romans 15:11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

Psalm 66:4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name."

John 4:42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

Jesus was prophesied about in the Old Testament. Jesus was written about in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms (Luke 24:44).

Isaiah 53:4 Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Prophecies of Jesus fulfilled, as shown by Gentiles believing in God---

so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written: “therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to your name.”
Again, it says,
“Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people.”
And again,
“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,
And sing praises to him, all you
Peoples.”
And again, Isaiah says,
“The Root of Jesse will spring up,
one who will arise to rule over the
Nations;
The Gentiles will hope in him.”

Read this Old Testament scripture, it is quoted in the New Testament:

2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Romans 15:9
and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written: "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing the praises of your name."

...And these scriptures:

Romans 15:11
And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

Psalm 66:4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name."

God's Truth

God does not care to whom you are blood related.

The Jews sinned just like the Gentiles.

Just look at all the many scriptures where God pleads with the sinful Jews who would not listen to Him.

Ben Masada

Why did the

Why did the

Ben... Ben... Your theology has Been around since shortly after the Ark landed. Before, actually (Genesis 4:8, 9, 10), but another time, perhaps (Matthew 23:35 KJV). You do entirely crack me up, though! And, I sincerely appreciate your presence on TOL, seriously. The ISRAELITE Jews didn't instigate the crucifixion (Revelation 2:9, 3:9), although there certainly were Israelite Jewish tagalongs (Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:23 KJV) following along behind that "untoward generation" (Acts 2:40 KJV). Who was that "untoward generation", anyway, Ben?

Those who instigated the crucifixion were your ancestors: Descendants of Judah via his "Canaantiess" wife (1Chronicles 2:3, Genesis 38:1, 2). Your ancestors certainly were entitled to refer to themselves as Jews from a theological perspective. I mean, I circumcise a boar before tossing him in the smoker with a rather stunned look chiseled on his face, lol.

Those CIRCUMCISED Shelanite (Genesis 38:1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 26; Numbers 26:20), NON-Israelite (John 8:33 KJV) descendants of Isaiah's prophesied Messianic progenitor (Isaiah 65:9) were waiting for their messiah from their endless genealogy. But, of course, Jesus was a descendant of Isaiah's Messianic progenitor (Isaiah 65:9) and his daughter-in-law, Tamar (Genesis 38:24, 29, 30; Matthew 1:3 KJV, Luke 3:33 KJV). And, your ancestors were waiting for Him with baited breath since Genesis 3:14, 15, Genesis 4:7, 8, 9 (Matthew 23:30 KJV, Matthew 23:31 KJV, Matthew 23:33 KJV, Matthew 23:34 KJV, Matthew 23:35 KJV; John 8:28 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:41 KJV, John 8:44 KJV, John 8:47 KJV).

I don't think those circumcised mamzerim (progeny of a forbidden marriage, Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV) Shelanite accusers of their Israelite brethren took too well to the documented realization they were not really God's chosen after all... God's chosen were the Israelite Jews (Deuteronomy 7:6, 7, 8, 9, 10). God told those pre-conquest Israelites to wipe your ancestors off the face of the Promised Land (Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3). Really interesting who those ancestral Israelites were running with, that "untoward generation" (Acts 2:40 KJV) that instigated the crucifixion of Jesus (Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:23 KJV) that Peter warned those Israelite Jews about!

So, please be explicit, Ben. Who was that "untoward generation" that instigated the crucifixion of Jesus?

kayaker

I am sorry Kayaker, but I have no idea where you are coming from with these ideas above. The only thing I detect is that you are trying to defend the Church of Paul that still to this day promotes the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. The NT is quite clear that Jesus was arrested and charged with the political cause of insurrection to proclaim Jesus as king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem which at the time was a Roman province. (Luke 19:37-40)

I do not understand why you are still speaking about a split of Judah after the split between Israel and Judah. This is in the Tanach but not that which you are talking about. BTW, to make things short, in spite of your self-identification of Jewishness, I found nothing Jewish in this post of yours above. Please, no offense meant.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Yesterday I was asked why the Jews had killed Jesus. The Jews did not take part in the killing of Jesus. If you are looking for some one to blame, ask me and I will give you a group.

Do you know the meaning of those 4 initials on that plate nailed on the top of Jesus' cross? I am talking about INRI. That's a verdict which means that Jesus was crucified on a political charge for having been acclaimed king of the Jews in Jerusalem which was a charge bordering on insurrection.

The people who were acclaiming Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem were Jesus' own disciples. With the intent to save him from being arrested, the Pharisees asked him to stop his disciples with that nonsense and Jesus said that if they stopped, the stones would shout.

All right, soon afterwards, Jesus was arrested, judged before Pilate and condemned to the cross. That's in Luke 19:37-40. Besides, the Jews could not have killed Jesus and much less on the cross because the power of jurisdiction had been taken from Israel as Rome took over the Land. A death sentence passed on any one in Israel at the time would have been an act of insurrection. Therefore, Jesus' own disciples caused the death of Jesus, not the Jews in general.

* During the times of Jesus the Sanhedrin was the ruling body over the province of Judea but under Roman occupation. It was comprised of 70 men from the chief priests, elders and scribes.

* Jesus' liberating theology was a threat to Judaisms Temple's profiteering establishment as well as theological control.

* It was the Sanhedren who put Jesus through a trumped up farce of a trial and found him guilty! It was the Jewish priest class who continually sent out spies to keep an eye on Jesus activities and then to trip him up when he developed a following. But the Jews didn't have the authority to carry out the death penalty, for that they had to go to Pilate. A nervous Pilate had no interest in Jesus so he punted to Herod. Herod sent Jesus back to Pilate. Pilate succumb to cowardlyness and attempted to please the Jews, who had him by the short hairs, and the crowds.

The Right Wing religious people of the day killed Jesus!

The Jews who were responsible have paid the price for what happened Jews and Jedaism today are in no way resposible for what happened 2,000 years ago. Jesus forgave them.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

You are not telling the truth about me, you are telling only about yourself. You are the slanderer. You are exactly what you falsely accuse me of being.

God told us in the old testament that the Gentiles would be saved.

Luke 24:47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Apostle Paul even quotes Psalm 117:1 to let the Gentiles know that it was said in the Old Testament that they would be brought near to God one day.

Romans 15:11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

John 4:42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

Jesus was prophesied about in the Old Testament. Jesus was written about in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms (Luke 24:44).

Isaiah 53:4 Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Prophecies of Jesus fulfilled, as shown by Gentiles believing in God---

so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written: “therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to your name.”
Again, it says,
“Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people.”
And again,
“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,
And sing praises to him, all you
Peoples.”
And again, Isaiah says,
“The Root of Jesse will spring up,
one who will arise to rule over the
Nations;
The Gentiles will hope in him.”

Read this Old Testament scripture, it is quoted in the New Testament:

Romans 15:9
and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written: "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing the praises of your name."

...And these scriptures:

Romans 15:11
And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

The Gentiles will surely be accepted but according to Isa. 56:1-8 and
if they speak the truth according to Isa. 8:20.

Ben Masada

1 - During the times of Jesus the Sanhedrin was the ruling body over the province of Judea but under Roman occupation. It was comprised of 70 men from the chief priests, elders and scribes.

2 - * Jesus' liberating theology was a threat to Judaisms Temple's profiteering establishment as well as theological control.

3 - * It was the Sanhedren who put Jesus through a trumped up farce of a trial and found him guilty! It was the Jewish priest class who continually sent out spies to keep an eye on Jesus activities and then to trip him up when he developed a following. But the Jews didn't have the authority to carry out the death penalty, for that they had to go to Pilate. A nervous Pilate had no interest in Jesus so he punted to Herod. Herod sent Jesus back to Pilate. Pilate succumb to cowardlyness and attempted to please the Jews, who had him by the short hairs, and the crowds.

4 - The Right Wing religious people of the day killed Jesus!

5 - The Jews who were responsible have paid the price for what happened Jews and Jedaism today are in no way resposiblevphave for what happened 2,000 years ago. Jesus forgave them.

1 - Yes, but the Sanhedrin was too restrict, for instance, they could not pass a death sentence on no one for their jurisdiction had been taken from them by the Romans.

2 - Jesus was religious loyal Jew and for that, he could never be a threat to his Faith which was Judaism.

3 - Only an anti-Jewish Christian with preconceived notions is able to believe all that. Rather the opposite was true that the Pharisees for instance, twice tried to save Jesus from being arrested and taken to the cross: First, it was from Herod if you read Luke 13:31 and the second time around was from Pilate if you read Luke 19:37-40.

4 - That's absolutely not true. The most important and vital thing in the heart of a Jew is God's Law and Jesus came to confirm it down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19) He even implied once that the only way
to escape hell-fire was to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. How could religious Jews want such a man dead? It makes no sense.

Ben Masada

1 - During the times of Jesus the Sanhedrin was the ruling body over the province of Judea but under Roman occupation. It was comprised of 70 men from the chief priests, elders and scribes.

2 - * Jesus' liberating theology was a threat to Judaisms Temple's profiteering establishment as well as theological control.

3 - * It was the Sanhedren who put Jesus through a trumped up farce of a trial and found him guilty! It was the Jewish priest class who continually sent out spies to keep an eye on Jesus activities and then to trip him up when he developed a following. But the Jews didn't have the authority to carry out the death penalty, for that they had to go to Pilate. A nervous Pilate had no interest in Jesus so he punted to Herod. Herod sent Jesus back to Pilate. Pilate succumb to cowardlyness and attempted to please the Jews, who had him by the short hairs, and the crowds.

4 - The Right Wing religious people of the day killed Jesus!

5 - The Jews who were responsible have paid the price for what happened Jews and Jedaism today are in no way resposiblevphave for what happened 2,000 years ago. Jesus forgave them.

1 - Yes, but the Sanhedrin was too restrict, for instance, they could not pass a death sentence on no one for their jurisdiction had been taken from them by the Romans.

2 - Jesus was a religious loyal Jew and for that, he could never be a threat to his Faith which was Judaism.

3 - Only an anti-Jewish Christian with preconceived notions is able to believe all that. Rather the opposite was true that the Pharisees for instance, twice tried to save Jesus from being arrested and taken to the cross: First, it was from Herod if you read Luke 13:31 and the second time around was from Pilate if you read Luke 19:37-40.

4 - That's absolutely not true. The most important and vital thing in the heart of a Jew is God's Law and Jesus came to confirm it down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19) He even implied once that the only way to escape hell-fire was by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. How could religious Jews want such a man dead? It makes no sense.

5 - The only responsible people for the death of Jesus were on the one hand, Jesus' own disciples who proclaimed Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem according to Luke 19:37-40 and on the other hand, the Romans who actually did the killing.