Why Do We Believe Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilstu

Hello marhig. I quoted that verse in response to this post:

I never gave my opinion on the verse as I felt it was self explanatory.

I agree that all who name the name of Jesus should follow Jesus' example and fight the good fight.
That does not mean that salvation is attained by obeying the law or through works.

The Apostle John taught:

For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves , it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast.

When they asked Jesus what works must we work to receive eternal life Jesus responded by saying this is the work of God that you believe on Him who God has sent. Notice Jesus answered the questions of works with a work i.e. believe in Him.

Amen, He did exactly that.

Notice though that Jesus' birth was different than ours. Mary was over shadowed by the Holy Spirit and Mary was with child. Jesus had no earthly father as His Father was God the Father.

Adam and Eve who were created without sin by God, and they sinned and disobeyed God.

Jesus the only begotten Son of God and never sinned and became the perfect sacrifice to pay our sin debt.

I am NOT making excuses for sin, but in our flesh Satan has direct access to our weaknesses, sadly.

The Apostle John addressed this by saying:
If we say that we have not sinned , we make Him a liar,and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:10

Then he says if we confess our sin God is faithful and just to forgive us of our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

Ok,I believe every word.

Again I believe every word.

And as the Apostle John said we have a provision when we sin and fail:

Then he says ,"if we confess our sin God is faithful and just to forgive us of our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness". 1 John 1:9

Amen !

I believe it was both not either or.

God's righteousness had to be appeased because God will not look on sin as scripture teaches.Jesus came as a payment for our sins so we could receive the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

He came as a sacrifice to pay for our sins as scripture says.

Rom 4:24
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 4:25
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Jesus also bore witness to the truth.

31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; 33 and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”

This is the real gospel...the establishment of the Kingdom.

dodge

I wouldn't put my faith in 2Peter....a book that many scholars say is spurious.

I am a Christian by faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus, and I go to a Baptist Church.

Where do you go to church, and how long have you been born again ?

Lilstu

I am a Christian by faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus, and I go to a Baptist Church.

Where do you go to church, and how long have you been born again ?

I see....you wish to make this discussion about me rather than about Bible issues.

dodge

31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; 33 and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”

This is the real gospel...the establishment of the Kingdom.

There is only one Gospel on that we agree.

Do you believe that keeping the law saves,or do you believe salvation is the result of grace ?

dodge

I see....you wish to make this discussion about me rather than about Bible issues.

No , not really. I was just curious where you worship.

Your worship back ground determines a lot of what you believe.

How do I or anyone know what your intentions are if you share nothing about yourself ?

I have seen satanist posing as a Christian to create confusion and dissension in the BOC.

Where do you worship, and what is your denominational affiliation ?

Lilstu

I have read Acts 9:1-15 many times....let me show you what I see in this passage.
And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

threatenings and slaughter Sounds like Paul was a nasty fellow willing to kill people. How could he had been a good Jew?
Here we have this nasty fellow, totally unrepentant, and he has this Damascus road experience where he wants us to believe Jesus spoke to him.
How can we believe Jesus would choose such a sinner as Paul to abolish the Law, the Sabbath, the Festivals, and Circumcision? Especially after Jesus had already told Peter that "I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" [Matthew 16:19] It doesn't seem logical.

dodge

Lilstu;

How can we believe Jesus would choose such a sinner as Paul to abolish the Law, the Sabbath, the Festivals, and Circumcision? Especially after Jesus had already told Peter that "I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" [Matthew 16:19] It doesn't seem logical.

Are you a Roman Catholic ?

Prizebeatz1

Wrong again:

The truths of forgiveness ( through Jesus dying as payment for MY sins ) is what gives a person worth, and without those truths YOU are headed for an eternal hell. Not by opinion but God's decrees.

Yes ,it takes a whole lot of pride to admit that I have sinned against a Holy God and asked for His forgiveness and placed my faith in the finished work of Jesus for MY sins.

You have confused humility with pride.

So self-worth depends on someone or something outside the self to give us value? That is not self-worth. It is lack of self-worth. Genuine self-worth comes from within and is totally unconditional. The self-worth of the personality depends on beliefs, circumstances, events in time, Jesus dying on the cross, life situations, how well we do on a math test, our success in marriage, the 0's in our bank account, it goes on and on. These are the false versions of self-worth.

dodge

So self-worth depends on someone or something outside yourself to give you value? That is not self-worth. It is lack of self-worth.

Yes, that is exactly what self worth is depending on God and His imputed righteousness !

Self help philosophizing will lead you to eternal hell.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which verse are you talking about?

Hebrews 2

3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,

Paul is exempt. Now, we will no longer ignore the content. The author of Hebrews is looking forward to salvation. Paul is looking back on it.

It was written by the circumcision, and likely somebody very close to their ministry.

Lilstu

There is only one Gospel on that we agree.

Do you believe that keeping the law saves,or do you believe salvation is the result of grace ?

Jesus' salvation Plan
Matthew 19:16-17
And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luke 19:8-10
8 Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I will give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will give back four times as much.” 9 And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

John 5:28-29
Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Luke 10:25-28
And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.”

Prizebeatz1

Yes, that is exactly what self worth is depending on God and His imputed righteousness !

Self help philosophizing will lead you to eternal hell.

Notice the personality's dependence on being dependent. The soul is freedom and liberation. It is infinite because there is literally nothing to hold onto. Notice the reaching and grasping of the personality. It doesn't matter how good of a thing it is trying to grasp because it is disconnecting us from what is infinite.

Lilstu

No , not really. I was just curious where you worship.

Your worship back ground determines a lot of what you believe.

How do I or anyone know what your intentions are if you share nothing about yourself ?

I have seen satanist posing as a Christian to create confusion and dissension in the BOC.

Where do you worship, and what is your denominational affiliation ?

My mother taught me to read when I was a young boy by reading from the Bible.
I have been reading all my life and I am in my 70s
I believe every man has to decide for himself by studying the Scriptures.

Zeke

I put NO sense on anything I simply quoted a verse. You drew that conclusion based on your assumptions.

No you take it as a literal event which is the sense of your argument, mine transcends the letter that kills into the invisible kingdom that is veiled from traditional minds defending their exclusive dogmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.