Why I support the KJV Bible

marke

That's because there cannot be any such standard apart from the actual originals themselves, which no longer exist and which not only would exist but would be in our possession if God thought that any such standard was needed.
If there can be no standard then nobody is wrong and everybody is right no matter what they believe about manuscripts.
Anyone who can read English can read ANY English bible that they happen to find and understand it sufficiently to not only get saved but to formulate correct doctrine and practice. If they are honestly searching for the truth and reach a point in their study where problem passages need addressed then there are sufficient resources available for him to do so in a manner that is sufficient. We have no more need of a perfectly flawless bible than we have need of perfectly flawless DNA or that Paul had of perfect eye sight.
Then I can be confidant that as long as I seek wisdom from God and read the KJV then I am in as good standing with God as anyone can be.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If there can be no standard then nobody is wrong and everybody is right no matter what they believe about manuscripts.
Spoken like a true conspiracy theorist!

Way to go!
Then I can be confidant that as long as I seek wisdom from God and read the KJV then I am in as good standing with God as anyone can be.
Like I've already told you, I have no problem with someone having a preference for the KJV so long as they aren't going around trying to say that it is THE preserved word of God, which you do, and that other translations are corrupted to the point that they shouldn't be used, which you do, or in some other way suggesting that the KJV is dramatically superior to all other bibles, which you do! The KJV is not superior! In fact, it isn't even as good as the NKJV for everyday usage for the average person.

Further, the fact that you show up here citing falsely that the NKJV makes certain claims in its footnotes, of all places, means that whatever "education" you have in the area amounts to nothing more than indoctrination, if even that. Based on the way you speak about the issue, I still have serious doubts about whether you're even telling the truth at all about having attended any such classes in the first place but to whatever degree it is true, it was a waste of your time.