Witnessed a good way to protest today

Quetzal

On the way to and from the grocery store I came across a demonstration. A group (I would guess 20 or so) were standing on corners of an intersection protesting against abortion. But they did so in a very productive, uplifting way. I want to share a few of the signs that I saw.

Jesus forgives and heals
What a wonderful sign and a very large part of the Christian tradition I would love to see more of.

Pray for no more abortions
An important message because most of the liberals I talk with share this same goal. We do not want anymore abortions, either. I really respect the message being presented this way instead of "Defund PP because they are super evil." or "Women kills babies", etc. All of these things are saying the same thing but are doing so in different ways.

Pregnant and need help: 800number
This one drives it home. The group was presenting the uplifting message of Jesus, they presented their argument in a way that did not place blame, and they offered alternatives. It was the trifecta of what I think a good demonstration should provide.

Will I disagree with this group on some of the politics? Certainly. At the same time I cannot help but to respect the way they are presenting their argument, kudos to them even if we might disagree. Just thought I would share.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
On the way to and from the grocery store I came across a demonstration. A group (I would guess 20 or so) were standing on corners of an intersection protesting against abortion. But they did so in a very productive, uplifting way. I want to share a few of the signs that I saw.

Jesus forgives and heals
What a wonderful sign and a very large part of the Christian tradition I would love to see more of.

An important message because most of the liberals I talk with share this same goal. We do not want anymore abortions, either. I really respect the message being presented this way instead of "Defund PP because they are super evil." or "Women kills babies", etc. All of these things are saying the same thing but are doing so in different ways.

This one drives it home. The group was presenting the uplifting message of Jesus, they presented their argument in a way that did not place blame, and they offered alternatives. It was the trifecta of what I think a good demonstration should provide.

Will I disagree with this group on some of the politics? Certainly. At the same time I cannot help but to respect the way they are presenting their argument, kudos to them even if we might disagree. Just thought I would share.

Hopefully that's effective, it sounds better than the confrontational demonstrations we see so often

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Jesus forgives and heals

Thats the way most anti abortion demonstrations go that are held by believers, why would non confrontational demonstrations be announced on the news?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Jesus forgives and heals

Nonviolent protest is always more effective.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Depends. Nonviolent protetst against al-Qaeda will get you no where. Unless you do it in the wrong country, then it gets you executed. Beheading if you are lucky. Burned alive in a monkey cage if you are unlucky.

Greg Jennings

Jesus forgives and heals

I wish all protesters had the class of the ones you mention here. It's so much more effective in getting your message across. When you are combative instead then those you are aiming the protest towards get defensive and feel insulted, and are thus unwilling to even consider your message. I think the Black Lives Matter movement could take some cues from these protesters

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

tell that to these guys:

Spoiler
market4.jpg

It is unfortunate, I wish protests and demonstrations like this one would get more attention.

it got your attention

why not take the message to heart and come to Christ?