Work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Aimiel

How is it with fear and trembling?
The fear of God is only the beginning of wisdom. From my experience, we fear God because of what might happen to us: hell. Then we come into a relationship with Him and that fear blows away. Then we come to know His Greatness, Holiness and Power and the fear comes back, mostly in the form of respect but still a reverent fear, since He wields all Power and Authority in Heaven and earth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The fear of God is only the beginning of wisdom. From my experience, we fear God because of what might happen to us: hell. Then we come into a relationship with Him and that fear blows away. Then we come to know His Greatness, Holiness and Power and the fear comes back, mostly in the form of respect but still a reverent fear, since He wields all Power and Authority in Heaven and earth.

Hopefully our fear is not the result of sin. Because a person can turn to God and experience love joy and peace in abundance due to their conversion experience, unless it is hard difficult and trying.

Aimiel

There's been a lot that has happened in my life which has proven to me, time and again, that when we encounter problems and tribulation, then get led by God how to overcome: we are then able to go on to a harder lesson and greater problems. God isn't raising us to leave us immature. He wants us to grow up into Him in all things.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There's been a lot that has happened in my life which has proven to me, time and again, that when we encounter problems and tribulation, then get led by God how to overcome: we are then able to go on to a harder lesson and greater problems. God isn't raising us to leave us immature. He wants us to grow up into Him in all things.

With a child like faith all the time maybe even so too.

God's Truth

We have to work out our salvation with trembling and fear, (Phil 2:12)

and stop doing those sins that we repented of when we wanted to get saved. (Mark 1:14, 15; Act 26:20)

We have to live up to the purification we were given. (Philippians 3:16)

We have to train ourselves to be godly, for it is a race. (Luke 6:40; 1 Cor 9:25; 1 Timothy 4:7, 8; 2 Timothy 3:16; Titus 2:4; Hebrews 5:14;Hebrews 12:11)

nikolai_42

What does Paul mean here?

I was told this means we are to work out what God has worked in. And fear and trembling? It should be a fearful thing to realize that God is working in us lest we frustrate the grace of God that has brought us salvation. And also in the sense that a lineman (electrical) has great fear and respect for the immense power that courses through the lines he works on so that he does not carelessly put himself in harms way. We want to work with God, not against Him.