Wow... Huckabee's INCORRUPTIBLE stand on pre-born LIFE

republicanchick

I found this on Mike Huckabee, and it moved me to tears... how he probably knows that his stand on abortion will be viewed by some as "extremist" and that it could cost him the nomination/election... and yet he doesn't flip flop. :)

or try to hide his "beliefs" (in quotes b/c actually he and I and other pro lifer people KNOW... don't just believe...)

who is the extremist? the ones who want to protect human life or the ones who want to commit murder?

Mike Huckabee tweeted against Planned Parenthood on September 29, 2015, “PlannedParenthood isn’t a "healthcare provider" any more than Benghazi was a ‘spontaneous protest.’”[65]

During an August 2015 interview with Iowa radio host Simon Conway, Huckabee said that if he were president, he would have the U.S. Department of Justice "criminally prosecute Planned Parenthood for violating federal law and selling body parts." He also discussed how he would make abortion illegal. He said, "I would also invoke the 15th and Fourteenth Amendments. This is the power that we have to stop this incredible, barbaric scourge of abortion.

Not just stop funding Planned Parenthood, but we need to invoke the Fifth and 14th Amendment. The Fifth Amendment guarantees due process for every person. The 14th Amendment guarantees equal protection under the law for every person."[66]

On August 12, 2015, Huckabee posted the following comments about his effort to defund Planned Parenthood on his Facebook page:

Mike Huckabee's Facebook page from August 12, 2015
During a July 22, 2015, appearance on Fox News, Huckabee suggested the debate over defunding Planned Parenthood was an opportunity to address "America’s nightmare of abortion." Huckabee explained, "It's time for this country to decide whether or not we believe that the willful destruction of a human body, a human life and talking about the selling of parts of a baby as if we were trading parts for a Buick at an auto parts store, whether it's time to decide that's not civilized behavior."[67]

In a July 2015 interview with LifeNews, Huckabee said more must be done to stop abortion than defunding Planned Parenthood. He explained, "It’s not enough to say we’ll end funding for these butchers at Planned Parenthood. We need to end the disgusting disregard for human life that is the foundation for the infanticide that is beneath the dignity of our nation. We didn’t end slavery by just limiting how many slaves a person could own or for how long—we recognized that it is a violation of basic human rights. Let’s stop this slaughter and ask God’s forgiveness for not doing it sooner."[68]

At a campaign stop in Iowa on August 26, 2015, Huckabee compared the acts of the Islamic State to abortion. “Let us not be too smug in this country. Because we have sins to answer for. Since 1973, 60 million unborn children have died in their mother’s womb. If I’m president I will invoke the Fifth and 14th Amendment of the Constitution and protect unborn life,” Huckabee said.[69]

On August 16, 2015, Mike Huckabee said he supported Paraguay’s decision to deny access to abortion for a 10-year-old girl who was allegedly raped by her stepfather. “A 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible. But does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child? That's really the issue. … There are two victims. One is the child; the other is that birth mother who often will go through extraordinary guilt years later when she begins to think through what happened – with the baby, with her

. And again, there are no easy answers here,” Huckabee said.[70]

... So do we consider unborn children to be persons or blobs of unanimated, or maybe animated, protoplasm. And that’s really the determining factor, because once we determine that they are persons ... then we have a constitutional obligation to protect them,” Huckabee said.[72]

On July 22, 2015, Huckabee called a federal court’s decision to strike down North Dakota’s “fetal heartbeat” law earlier this week “an unconstitutional, immoral act of judicial tyranny.” He said in a statement, “The people of North Dakota came together and decided to prohibit abortions after one could detect a fetal heartbeat. The court has no authority to reject this law and invalidate or ignore the will of the people. I stand with the people of North Dakota and reject this ruling.”[73][74]

On his 2016 presidential campaign website, Huckabee wrote, "Life begins at conception. This isn’t just a Biblical view — it’s affirmed by modern science and every unique human DNA schedule, which is present at conception.

As Governor, I promoted and signed a fetal protection act. I imposed a ban on partial birth abortion, established waiting periods, created parental notification requirements, and passed a bill so mothers who brought a newborn to a hospital or fire station would not be prosecuted for child abandonment."[75]

At a 2011 fundraiser for a Mississippi campaign to criminalize abortion in the state, Huckabee said of opponents of the measure, "You have no idea how many millions of dollars are likely to be poured into your state and it’s not stimulus money and economic development and job creation, it is hardcore political money that is designed to preserve the abortion industry which is a multimillion dollar industry specifically designed in order to terminate life and make people rich. Let’s not kid ourselves; this is not about elevating women this is about elevating wealth on behalf of those who profit from the sale of death."[77]

In 2007, Huckabee suggested the reason "we're importing so many people in our workforce" could be that "for the last 35 years, we have aborted more than a million people who would have been in our workforce had we not had the holocaust of liberalized abortion under a flawed Supreme Court ruling in 1973."[78]

In Huckabee's 2001 "State of the State" address for Arkansas, he said, "We will propose in this session that this General Assembly do something I hope won't be controversial but will be a matter of conviction for all of us. That is to provide for every person who's contemplating the termination of her child during pregnancy that she has information, knowing fully and completely the procedure that is taking place and what it will mean. Commonly called the woman's right-to-know legislation, it really goes back to school, back to educating people."

The Woman's Right to Know Act of 2001 was passed and became effective on May 1, 2001.[79][80]

In 1996, Huckabee "refused to authorize a Medicaid payment for an abortion for a 15-year-old girl whose stepfather has been charged with incest, despite a Federal judge's order that such payments were required by Federal law." Huckabee's aides stated the opposition was representative of his commitment to the Arkansas Constitution, which barred the use of public money for abortions except where the mother's life was endangered, than his personal opposition to abortion

http://ballotpedia.org/2016_presidential_candidates_on_abortion

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Huckabee is determined to stop women from having abortions even if they are far to poor to provide for a child or if a pregnancy would kill them or ruin their health, or if they are the victims of rape or incest .
He doesn't want the government to provide for helpless babies once born . He LOOOOOVES fetuses , but could not care less about babies once out of the womb .
He doesn't want the government to provide helpless infants with decent food , shelter , education and medical care , and he doesn't want women to have easy access to the very contraceptives which could PREVENT so many abortions .
And he doesn't want babies who grow up to be gay to have the same rights as other Americans . He doesn't want them to have the right to marry someone of the same sex , too be allowed to serve the military or join the Boy Scouts .
He doesn't want them to be free from being fired from their jobs merely for being gay .
Mike Huckabee is a hypocrite of the worst kind, and beneath contempt .

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
During an August 2015 interview with Iowa radio host Simon Conway, Huckabee said that if he were president, he would have the U.S. Department of Justice "criminally prosecute Planned Parenthood for violating federal law and selling body parts." He also discussed how he would make abortion illegal. He said, "I would also invoke the 15th and Fourteenth Amendments. This is the power that we have to stop this incredible, barbaric scourge of abortion.
Stop this big elaborate posting, there are rules here on this.

Huckabee is determined to stop women from having abortions even if they are far to poor to provide for a child or if a pregnancy would kill them or ruin their health, or if they are the victims of rape or incest .

And he doesn't want babies who grow up to be gay to have the same rights as other Americans . He doesn't want them to have the right to marry someone of the same sex , too be allowed to serve the military or join the Boy Scouts .
He doesn't want them to be free from being fired from their jobs merely for being gay .
Good, maybe I will vote for him, if he is nominated.

Lon

He has no chance. But his stance and yours makes me appreciate the absolute lack of Christian charity shown here.
Said incredibly judgmental and without charity :doh:

Sometimes "I" wonder if a pagan is even capable of understanding love. The things of God are only discernable by the Godly, truly making us a different kind of 'animal' than our pagan counterparts, but higher love is our calling.

"Murder" whether you are poor or not, is NOT a mercy killing. It is just selfishness and a desire to 'keep your' taxes.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Sometimes "I" wonder if a pagan is even capable of understanding love. The things of God are only discernable by the Godly, truly making us a different kind of 'animal' than our pagan counterparts, but higher love is our calling.

Interesting, you have to be part of the Club to understand. Like a secret society---a Biblical Skull and Bones? But that makes no sense, if your god wishes to be known by men then he should be at least discernable, to use your word, by everyone.

If higher love is your calling it still seems to be lacking in many TOL Christian posters.

I'm not sure pagan is a correct term for an atheist though. A pagan, I think, would be someone who worshiped a god you did not approve of.

Lon

Interesting, you have to be part of the Club to understand. Like a secret society---a Biblical Skull and Bones?
Because unempathetic people cannot be made to empathize or attain to higher altruistic love. It isn't in your 'nature.'
My parents too, fell far from the tree in the Garden. It takes the love of God to jump-start our hearts. Unless that happened, I wasn't a great fellow. A lot of nonbelievers think they 'are' great persons, but that is because their love-ruler doesn't reach very high. They measure up to that ceiling just fine, in their minds.
But that makes no sense, if your god wishes to be known by men then he should be at least discernable, to use your word, by everyone.
Then we'd never need to teach children anything about love. Parents can only teach to the highest form of it they understand and without God, who made us, telling us how we are supposed to be, that ceiling must be hit, and only God could help one break through it. It's solid. The answer to that dilemma is just to ask God for help, but that is where the road becomes narrow and few find or choose to even ask. :( He does, want to be known. He does want men and women to be able to get past that ceiling.

If higher love is your calling it still seems to be lacking in many TOL Christian posters.
Well, it is a truth-smack website and we all knew that coming in so I wouldn't necessarily try and extrapolate from this microcosm.

The greater Christian community out-gives their counterparts exponentially but often struggle with other sins and concerns their counterparts do, as well. In the end, the one participating in true expressions of love (putting his/her money, time and efforts over their own needs) are the marked difference. Accusation often flies on TOL, but it is the one 'actually' doing the loving thing that is making a difference in the world. Words don't mean nearly as much in comparison but they do misdirect and can interfere with those acts.

Help me out, which is the more loving:
A person who says "gay love is not wrong" and even decries a Christian when he/she says they are bothered...on TOL and other media as well as in school or wherever it happens?
OR
A Christian who complains and says it is wrong and shouldn't be allowed BUT gives a LOT more to charity that takes care of them when they are sick, despite complaining they are responsible for that illness?

Which is actually making a greater sacrifice and meeting that greater need?

(some Christians may be opposed to that, but we are supposed to 1) love our enemies and do them good as well as 2) visit them in prison or their affliction - "love the sinner, hate the sin" is a good general application for Christians to observe).
I'm not sure pagan is a correct term for an atheist though. A pagan, I think, would be someone who worshiped a god you did not approve of.
The definition can and does include both but 'unbeliever' and nonChristian perhaps would express the sentiment without contest or offense :idunno:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Lon: Your last post was the most smug, pretentious I've ever seen on TOL, and that is quite a statement. You are just so special.

"Because unempathetic people cannot be made to empathize or attain to higher altruistic love. It isn't in your 'nature.' "

"Then we'd never need to teach children anything about love. Parents can only teach to the highest form of it they understand and without God, who made us, telling us how we are supposed to be, that ceiling must be hit, and only God could help one break through it. It's solid."

Since you know neither me, nor my children, where in the world do you get your special insight.

My walk away from religion was based on my decision that the Bible and all that comes from it is based on irrationality, silliness and the need for those in power to continue control. My wife's, on the other hand, came after a confrontation with someone like you. Good work. Keep it up.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
KTOYU , you're a typical deluded anti-choicer who thinks that making abortion illegal again will "end the scourge of abortion ".
It won't end abortion any more than Prohibition stopped Americans from consuming alcoholic beverages .
If this happens, the country will merely revert to the bad old days when dangerous back-alley abortionists were in operation everywhere, and so many women either died or nearly perished at their hands .
And there will be no way to enforce the law against abortion, the same as there wasn't before Roe v Wade.
Roe was not the beginning of abortion in America - it was the end of women DYING from abortion . Abortion has been common all over the world for thousands of years, and it's not going away - GET OVER IT !!!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Abortion has been common all over the world for thousands of years, and it's not going away - GET OVER IT !!!

Child molestation has been common all over the world for thousands of years, and it's not going away - GET OVER IT !!!

Rape has been common all over the world for thousands of years, and it's not going away - GET OVER IT !!!

Murder has been common all over the world for thousands of years, and it's not going away - GET OVER IT !!!

republicanchick

Child molestation has been common all over the world for thousands of years, and it's not going away - GET OVER IT !!!

Rape has been common all over the world for thousands of years, and it's not going away - GET OVER IT !!!

Murder has been common all over the world for thousands of years, and it's not going away - GET OVER IT !!!

I had to read this a couple times to realize (I hope?) u are being sarcastic...

whew...

++

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Murder ( of BORN people ) rape and child molestation are ENFORCEABLE crimes . Abortion, which is NOT a crime but a tragedy,
cannot be stopped by laws against it .
There is simply way to do this . Ironically, more abortions happen in countries where it is illegal than countries where it is legal .
Before Roe v. Wade, there were countless illegal abortions in America . How many were criminally prosecuted ? Only an infinitesimally tiny fraction of them . There was no way to control the situation . It won't be any different if Roe v Wade is overturned and women lose the right to choose.

glassjester

Murder ( of BORN people ) rape and child molestation are ENFORCEABLE crimes . Abortion, which is NOT a crime but a tragedy, cannot be stopped by laws against it.

And this says nothing about whether abortion is an act of murder or not.

Determine that first, then decide what the laws ought to be.

brewmama

Murder ( of BORN people ) rape and child molestation are ENFORCEABLE crimes . Abortion, which is NOT a crime but a tragedy,
cannot be stopped by laws against it .
There is simply way to do this . Ironically, more abortions happen in countries where it is illegal than countries where it is legal .
Before Roe v. Wade, there were countless illegal abortions in America . How many were criminally prosecuted ? Only an infinitesimally tiny fraction of them . There was no way to control the situation . It won't be any different if Roe v Wade is overturned and women lose the right to choose.

I've already given you statistics that prove that most everything that pro-aborts say about abortion before Roe v Wade is a made-up lie, yet you still throw that out like it means something. Since murder, rape, theft and child abuse are going to continue, no matter what we do, should we make it legal too??

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, but all the statistics about how rare abortion was before Roe and how individuals who performed illegal abortions were "brought to justice " etc are all poppycock .
The evidence for the enormous number of women who died or nearly died from illegal abortions before is overwhelming, but anti-choicers are in denial, and that ain't he river that runs through Egypt .
And yes, more abortions happen where it is illegal than where i t's
legal .
Every year , thousands of desperately poor women die from botched illegal abortions all over the world . Since Roe, only a tiny handful of women have died in America from from legal ones .

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the US government could and might make abortion illegal again some time in the near future , but it won't be pretty .
This is what will happen immediately after abortion becomes illegal
again . Dangerous back-alley abortionists run by unscrupulous individuals who are not trained medical personnel will spring up instantly , and many, many women will die or nearly die from botched illegal abortions .
This will also leave many children without mothers . The Mafia will probably get involved in an illegal abortion racket and rake in tons of cash . This will be a major windfall to them ; a cash cow , just like Prohibition was for Al Capone .
The poorest women will just kill themselves with makeshift tools such as coat hangers, exactly as they did before Roe.
If right-wing extremist Republicans allied with the religious right get their way , they will probably make contraceptives illegal, which will only cause the abortion rate to SKYROCKET and cause the government to waste billions of dollars per year in the futile attempt to keep illegal contraceptives out of the country - just like the futile attempt to control drugs .
Women who could afford would easily fly off to Europe, Canada or elsewhere for safe legal abortions and there will be no way to stop them .
Making abortion illegal again will open up a giant can of worms .
Be careful what you ask for, anti-choicers .

republicanchick

it's really sad how people listen to the Father of all Lies

Dr Bernard Nathanson was an abortionist who LIED about how many illegal abortions there were... so as to get sympathy from the courts for the cause of child killing

the stupid Court missed the whole point (one of the main points anyway)

the states should (did) decide...

even pro abortion lawyers say Roe v Wade is BAD law...

and Dr Nathanson repented.. I believe he became Christian, maybe even Catholic

__

___

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, Nathanson was the real liar . As a doctor, he should have known that an enormous number of illegal abortions happened before Roe, and that abortion would have still been very common even if Roe v Wade had never happened .