ECT Y do some Protestants have women in authority o/ men?

Daniel1611

Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. (1 Timothy 3:12 NKJV)​

What were you saying about being the husband of one wife? Whose husband was Phoebe?

Was she a deacon? No.

Your argument isn't with me. Its with the Bible. Husband of one wife. Period. Society changes but God changes not.

oatmeal

The Bible tells us that women should not have authority over men.

Yet some Protestant "churches" have women for pastors

some may not go that far, but they let women preach. Well, I am not against women giving speeches, but I don't think they should exactly "preach"

I'm still thinking about that, though... I wouldn't mind hearing a woman "preach" as long as she... well, doesn't preach anything heretical... But I know one thing: no woman should be a pastor w/ authority over men...

I'm somewhat a (PRO LIFE) feminist, but I draw the line here..

__
where does it say that and what is the context?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
She was assisting in the church. No where does it say she was a preacher, pastor or ordained elder. She was s helper , and apparently a very godly woman.

The word "elder" is biblical but "ordained elder" is not biblical.

Dan Emanuel

Y do some Protestants have women in authority o/ men? - Yesterday, 11:24 PM

some may not go that far, but they let women preach. Well, I am not against women giving speeches, but I don't think they should exactly "preach"

I'm still thinking about that, though... I wouldn't mind hearing a woman "preach" as long as she... well, doesn't preach anything heretical... But I know one thing: no woman should be a pastor w/ authority over men...

__
Mainly, because every Protestant is an idiot except for me.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

Y do some Protestants have women in authority o/ men? - Yesterday, 11:24 PM

__
Republican Chick, I'm no Catholic, but Peter is my pastor. Jesus said so.

And so does Peter!

Daniel

Daniel1611

The word "elder" is biblical but "ordained elder" is not biblical.

Really? Lol

ACTS 14:23
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed

musterion

Paul was referring to something else in a different way, nothing like today. This type of knowledge is common today. Not literal today cause it meant something totally different from what you see on the surface of the bible.

Spoken like a pure, sad Augustinian.

oatmeal

__

Didn't your mother teach you anything?

Ardima

__

The problem only comes if the woman has authority over her husband (if she is married). If she is not married then it is over her father. There is no problem if a woman is preaching under the authority of her husband if she is married or her father if she is not.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
The problem only comes if the woman has authority over her husband (if she is married). If she is not married then it is over her father. There is no problem if a woman is preaching under the authority of her husband if she is married or her father if she is not.

Your denomination is going to fade away

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Really? Lol

ACTS 14:23
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed

You said "ordained elder" not ordained them elders.

Elders were appointed by the congregation.

So when they had appointed elders in every church, and prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed. (Acts 14:23 NKJV)​

How does this proved that Phoebe was not ordained or appointed?

Daniel1611

You said "ordained elder" not ordained them elders.

Elders were appointed by the congregation.

So when they had appointed elders in every church, and prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed. (Acts 14:23 NKJV)​

How does this proved that Phoebe was not ordained or appointed?

It doesn't need to prove she was not. You need to prove she was. You are making the claim. You also said that an ordained elder is not a bible term and I showed you where it says elders are ordained.

Further, we see phoebe is a godly woman who helped in the church. Notice that Paul sent her to deliver a letter to another church, not to preach there. Why? Because preachers must be men. That's what the bible says.