ECT Y do some Protestants have women in authority o/ men?

revpete

Hey, Pete, maybe you can help. I know the Greek word for woman is gyne, but if you know Greek what is the Greek word for wife?

If we can find out then we can have a discussion.

The Word is pronounced goo-nay. Same word used for married or unmarried woman.

Pete 👤

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Word is pronounced goo-nay. Same word used for married or unmarried woman.

Bingo! All wives are women but not all women are wives. We must determine from the context which word is appropriate.

If Paul wanted to include all females he could have used thelys.

Here is an example of thelys.

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. (Romans 1:26 NKJV)​

Again in the next verse.

Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman... (Romans 1:27 NKJV)​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
She's a tough boss.

"Father" Corapi and "Father" Francis Mary Stone have flown the coop in the past few years.

What was truly worrying was they seemed to be wearing the same cassock...it was the one with candlegrease down the side and only reached to just above the ankles.

revpete

Bingo! All wives are women but not all women are wives. We must determine from the context which word is appropriate.

If Paul wanted to include all females he could have used thelys.

Here is an example of thelys.

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. (Romans 1:26 NKJV)​

Again in the next verse.

Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman... (Romans 1:27 NKJV)​

Yes, they-loos (English transliteration) is related to:

thay-lad'-zo

from thele (the nipple); to suckle, (by implication) to suck: (give) suck(-ling).

Used 6 times in the Bible

Blessings: Pete 👤

musterion

The Bible tells us that women should not have authority over men.

Yet some Protestant "churches" have women for pastors

some may not go that far, but they let women preach. Well, I am not against women giving speeches, but I don't think they should exactly "preach"

I'm still thinking about that, though... I wouldn't mind hearing a woman "preach" as long as she... well, doesn't preach anything heretical... But I know one thing: no woman should be a pastor w/ authority over men...

I'm somewhat a (PRO LIFE) feminist, but I draw the line here..

__

What tune will you sing when Rome allows the first woman in a collar? It's just a matter of time.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
What tune will you sing when Rome allows the first woman in a collar? It's just a matter of time.

Since the rcc thinks the pope is God#2 and if the pope authorizes it, they will have to sing the same tune, maybe in a higher voice. They had a female pope before, they ought to enjoy that agian.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
It's not permitted (1 Ti 2:12). :DK: Some believe Phoebe was a deaconess. That's debatable (Rom. 16:1, 2).

The Saudis don't permit women to drive. The women thing was during that culture. God and Jesus moved on and call women to lead, today. Fundies don't have it together and tells God what to do.

musterion

Since the rcc thinks the pope is God#2 and if the pope authorizes it, they will have to sing the same tune, maybe in a higher voice. They had a female pope before, they ought to enjoy that agian.

The best they'll do is say some hogwash like, "That's not MY pope." But when some broad in a collar is standing in front of them handing out the cookie, they'll take it and thank her for it.

Mind that culture argument, it's the slipperiest of slippery slopes.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
The best they'll do is say some hogwash like, "That's not MY pope." But when some broad in a collar is standing in front of them handing out the cookie, they'll take it and thank her for it.

If they're Christians, they would sing, that's not my pope

republicanchick

doubt it

some in Rome may be in favor of it but the Church Christ founded will never allow it. That is b/c Christ is in charge and will protect His Church from teaching error

+++

republicanchick

it's not going to happen, so you are wasting your time (as all anti-Catholics do)

they should be out there fighting against the anti-Christians

yeh, I know, those extremists Muslims ARE pretty scary...

==