• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Young Earth or Old?

Right Divider

Body part
I learned what the rotation of the Earth was in represented in elementary school in the early1960s.
Try that again...
And I am very familiar with scripture.
Does not seem that way.
Just like these newer versions is omitting scriptures, changing the meaning of scriptures, leaving out important words _ it cannot be said as an absolute that the Hebrew word yom stands for a literal 24-hour period in Genesis chpt 1
It seems that you ignore important words.

Gen 1:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

It's clearly talking about a normal day.

You don't agree with the definitions of the Hebrew word yom fine.
That is hilarious.
You don't agree with Paul when he said a day to the Lord is as a thousand years and A thousand years is as one day = God is Not subjected to time in any manner fine.
That is ... AGAIN ... hilarious.

You are the one that is faking it. "Evening and morning" are clearly and unambiguously talking about a normal earth day and NOT "a thousand years". 🤣

way 2 go

I learned what the rotation of the Earth was in represented in elementary school in the early1960s.
so why are you ignoring the context of the days description if it's elementary ?

(Genesis 1:5) And God called the light, Day. And He called the darkness, Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

so are Jehovah Witness cultist familiar with scripture and they twist it to suit their false belief
Just like these newer versions is omitting scriptures, changing the meaning of scriptures, leaving out important words _ it cannot be said as an absolute that the Hebrew word yom stands for a literal 24-hour period in Genesis chpt 1
It says evening and the morning
how long do you think it took for the earth to rotate once ?

You don't agree with the definitions of the Hebrew word yom fine. You don't agree with Paul when he said a day to the Lord is as a thousand years and A thousand years is as one day = God is Not subjected to time in any manner fine.
I don't agree with you,
you're up against the days context of evening and the morning
not the definition of the word yom as that makes no difference.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

You don't agree with the definitions of the Hebrew word yom fine. You don't agree with Paul when he said a day to the Lord is as a thousand years and A thousand years is as one day = God is Not subjected to time in any manner fine.

Straw man.

Let us know when you're ready to have an honest conversation.

Try that again...

Does not seem that way.

It seems that you ignore important words.

Gen 1:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

It's clearly talking about a normal day.

That is hilarious.

That is ... AGAIN ... hilarious.

You are the one that is faking it. "Evening and morning" are clearly and unambiguously talking about a normal earth day and NOT "a thousand years". 🤣
Don't have to try again - haven't ignored any words - and it isn't clearly speaking of a 24-hour day - what's hilarious to you is serious to others, with an s - I don't have to fake it. Are you believe whatever you want to believe. Goodbye

so why are you ignoring the context of the days description if it's elementary ?

(Genesis 1:5) And God called the light, Day. And He called the darkness, Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

so are Jehovah Witness cultist familiar with scripture and they twist it to suit their false belief

It says evening and the morning
how long do you think it took for the earth to rotate once ?

I don't agree with you,
you're up against the days context of evening and the morning
not the definition of the word yom as that makes no difference.
I am not ignoring what you term is clear - I and those that believe like me sit differently because the Hebrews word yom can mean various things as I have applied links to.

You quote scripture, what God did and what God said - did God say it was a literal 24-hour day that hadn't even been established then as it is written a day to him is as a thousand years and A thousand years is as one day.

Those who believe that the Earth is older than 6,000 years are not a cult - no are we twisting scripture What is said is based on the definitions and usage of the Hebrew word y o m you don't agree --- so you act like I'm the only person in the world that views differently than you are those who accept the teachings of of those who translated and interpreted what scripture means a thousand plus years ago.

Nothing about the Earth rotating is written in Genesis.
And I know My views Are My views just like yours or yours - and having this conversation is actually what the Bible speaks of when it says don't argue over words of scripture. goodbye

Straw man.

Let us know when you're ready to have an honest conversation.

Tin Man

I am having a honest conversation nothing I said is a lie and you can't prove what the word Hebrew y o m absolutely means. You've been taught and it has been taught from those who first translated and determined what scripture meant over a thousand years ago and passed down. You believe it believe it! goodbye

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Tin Man

I am having a honest conversation nothing I said is a lie and you can't prove what the word Hebrew y o m absolutely means. You've been taught and it has been taught from those who first translated and determined what scripture meant over a thousand years ago and passed down. You believe it believe it! goodbye

If you were arguing the point of contention, you'd get further with us. But you're not. Thus, your argument is a straw man. It's something you've made up that is easy for you to defeat.

Try addressing our actual argument, instead.

If you were arguing the point of contention, you'd get further with us. But you're not. Thus, your argument is a straw man. It's something you've made up that is easy for you to defeat.

Try addressing our actual argument, instead.
I don't know what's wrong with some people.

I have address my point of view and gave links. Here's another link even Strong's concordance gives the definitions of the Hebrew word y o m and states a life time - uses Ever(lasting) / (for) ever / always / space / process of time / in it's definitions

You don't accept it and you use the term - strawman. A way of throwing an insult in my direction.

Defeated no arguing over scripture doesn't make sense Plus it is written in scripture not to argue about scripture

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Don't have to try again
To make a descent sentence, you do.
- haven't ignored any words
Yes, you have.
- and it isn't clearly speaking of a 24-hour day
EVENING and MORNING are as clear as can possibly be.
- what's hilarious to you is serious to others, with an s
You are Silly with a capital S.
- I don't have to fake it.
But... you are.
Are you believe whatever you want to believe.
Is English your second language?
Suit yourself.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
You quote scripture, what God did and what God said - did God say it was a literal 24-hour day that hadn't even been established then as it is written a day to him is as a thousand years and A thousand years is as one day.
What do you mean by "a literal 24-hour day that hadn't even been established then"?

At whatever point you're referring to by your word, "then", remember that, at that time, if no 24-hour day had ever yet passed, then no period of time longer than a 24-hour day had ever passed. You'd need at least one 24-hour day in order to have a period of time (however long) consisting of 24-hour days. So much for your Darwinspeak "billions of years", so long as you try getting rid of the 24-hour days of Genesis 1.

way 2 go

I am not ignoring what you term is clear - I and those that believe like me sit differently because the Hebrews word yom can mean various things as I have applied links to.
you are ignoring context evening and the morning which defines how long the day is in this verse.

Genesis 1:5 And God called the light, Day. And He called the darkness, Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
God did not say 24 hours , God said evening and the morning
how long do you think it took to achieve one rotation of the earth , you know evening and the morning ?
Those who believe that the Earth is older than 6,000 years are not a cult - no are we twisting scripture
you're twisting scripture to try and ignore the context God gave for how long each day was ,
evening and the morning is the context that governed each day of creation

(Genesis 1:23) And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
What is said is based on the definitions and usage of the Hebrew word y o m you don't agree
not disagreeing with the definition of "day" , it's the context of evening and the morning that you have a problem with
and still have not addressed .
--- so you act like I'm the only person in the world that views differently than you are those who accept the teachings of of those who translated and interpreted what scripture means a thousand plus years ago.
you are in the majority with the atheist and cultist as most are on the wide path that leads to destruction and deny God's creation in six days.
rotating of the earth gives us evening and the morning
so , yes rotating is there
you know like Jesus is God tho Jesus never said I am God.
And I know My views Are My views just like yours or yours - and having this conversation is actually what the Bible speaks of when it says don't argue over words of scripture. goodbye

no one is arguing over the definition of "day"

it's the context of evening and the morning that you have a problem with
and still have not addressed .

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here's another link even Strong's concordance gives the definitions of the Hebrew word y o m and states a life time - uses Ever(lasting) / (for) ever / always / space / process of time / in it's definitions

Where have we ever said it does not mean those things, in addition to "a day"?

Strong's h3117

- Lexical: יוֹם
- Transliteration: yom
- Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
- Phonetic Spelling: yome
- Definition: day.
- Origin: From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figurative (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverb).
- Usage: age, + always, + chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ((birth-), each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever(-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (... Live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year(-ly), + younger.
- Translated as (count): day (306), days (245), the days (149), today (131), on the day (125), the day (120), in day (113), in the day (92), on day (73), this day (57), in the days (53), in days (46), the chronicles (37), And On the day (36), a day (34), as day (19), his days (17), the time (17), your days (17), by day (15), for days (15), forever (15), daily (14), in his days (13), of days (13), day long (11), my days (11), from the day (10), of the day (10), And in the days (9), continually (9), for the day (9), as in the days (8), at time (8), days' (8), Our days (8), a time (7), from day (7), their days (7), when (7), - (6), and the day (6), each day (6), on a day (6), since the days (6), the day long (6), and day (5), And the period (5), as long as (5), as the days (5), his day (5), in time (5), of the days (5), And in the day (4), as it is day (4), for day (4), for each day (4), from the days (4), in age (4), in years (4), in your days (4), life (4), one day (4), since the day (4), time (4), whole (4), yearly (4), according to the days (3), after days (3), And on day (3), as in the day (3), but day (3), but the day (3), every day (3), full (3), full years (3), like the days (3), of a day (3), of every day (3), of today (3), of your days (3), since the time (3), the same day (3), to the days (3), two days (3), year (3), years (3), a while (2), Age (2), all day (2), always (2), and by day (2), and days (2), And the time (2), as in days (2), as long (2), as of this day (2), as on the day (2), as the day (2), but on the day (2), from (2), from days (2), from year (2), in my days (2), in the time (2), now (2), Of day (2), of from day (2), of my days (2), of time (2), perpetually (2), that day (2), the day of (2), the yearly (2), then (2), to days (2), a daily (1), a days (1), a long time (1), a year (1), about (1), about the day (1), about the time (1), about time (1), according to the time (1), after (1), after a time (1), after a while (1), after some time (1), after two days (1), afternoon (1), ago (1), among the days (1), and (1), and a holiday (1), and as (1), and as long as (1), and as your days (1), and daily (1), and from day (1), and her days (1), and in days (1), and in your days (1), and like the days (1), and my days (1), and nevertheless in the day when (1), and the days (1), and today (1), and when (1), as (1), as at day (1), as at other times (1), as at the time (1), As in the days when (1), as long as I live (1), as this day (1), as time (1), as to a day (1), as you are day (1), at any time (1), at day (1), at once (1), awhile (1), before the day (1), but at time (1), but in the day (1), but on (1), but the (1), but the days (1), But when (1), but within days (1), by day by day (1), certain days (1), concerning the days (1), David (1), day by day (1), day still there (1), day's (1), days ago (1), during the time (1), each year (1), even this day (1), first (1), for (1), For a (1), for a time (1), for about a day (1), for daily (1), for one (1), for the days (1), for time (1), from the time (1), from times (1), Have since your days (1), he lives (1), her days (1), him who was in trouble (1), his daily (1), his time (1), in a day (1), in daylight (1), in the course (1), in the course of time (1), in the day when (1), in the days of (1), in their days (1), in weather (1), into day (1), like a day (1), like day (1), like the day (1), midday (1), much elder (1), nowadays (1), of (1), of as every day (1), of every (1), of my life (1), of old (1), of the time (1), of years (1), on his day (1), on its proper (1), on that day (1), on the day of (1), On the day when (1), On the days (1), on the same day (1), On this day (1), one year (1), or day (1), or on a day (1), over the day (1), per year (1), recently (1), regularly (1), remains (1), since (1), still daylight (1), than the day (1), that (1), that days (1), the age (1), the day of his (1), the days of (1), the days Yahweh (1), the evening (1), the full time (1), the life (1), the season (1), the while (1), the with day (1), their day (1), therefore as long as I live (1), these days (1), throughout your days (1), time on (1), to (1), to day (1), to determine the day (1), to the day (1), to year (1), two (1), Until the day (1), unto day (1), when the (1), Whenever (1), while (1), within days (1), year by (1), Yet from the days (1), you live (1), your day (1).

You don't accept it

False.

What we don't accept is your forcing the word yom to mean something other than what the context of its use allows.

In some verses, yom means age, in others, it means an undefined period of time.

And in Genesis 1, yom is used to refer to a literal 24-hour day, based on the context.

Question: How much time passed between the "evening and morning" in Genesis 1:5 and the "evening and morning" in Genesis 1:8?

and you use the term - strawman.

Yes, because your arguments are against something we do not hold to, thus it is as easy as beating up a straw man for you to defeat the arguments you present as ours, when in fact they are not our arguments to begin with.

Definition of straw man - an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

A way of throwing an insult in my direction.

Calling your argument a straw man is only insulting to you because you're dumb enough to think that using them is sufficient to win the discussion, when in fact it is not.

In other words, no, it's not an insult. It's a statement of fact. Calling your arguments fallacious (a "straw man" is a logical fallacy) is not intended to be an insult. It's an attempt to get you to realize the error you're making.

Now, try addressing the arguments we've made, rather than the straw man you keep beating up.

Defeated no arguing over scripture doesn't make sense Plus it is written in scripture not to argue about scripture

So therefore we should just accept what you say?

Who died and made you king, that we should just believe that what you say is the truth?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Calling your argument a straw man is only insulting to you because you're dumb enough to think that using them is sufficient to win the discussion, when in fact it is not.
From what @Rebel for truth's post-writing seems to suggest as to the complete disarray and fragility of his mind, I'd not be all too surprised if he actually thinks you were calling _him,_ rather than what he said, a "straw man"!

way 2 go

Those who believe that the Earth is older than 6,000 years are not a cult - no are we twisting scripture What is said is based on the definitions and usage of the Hebrew word y o m you don't agree --- so you act like I'm the only person in the world that views differently than you are those who accept the teachings of of those who translated and interpreted what scripture means a thousand plus years ago.

Screenshot from 2023-09-27 07-41-27.png

way 2 go

.https://www.coffeeandcovid.com/p/the-rest-of-us-saturday-october-21?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

Finally, many Christians are on unusually high alert these days for the fulfillment of Biblical end-times prophecy, since world events appear to be lining up with major Old and New Testament predictions. Like the Israel war, eclipses, pestilences, and increased earthquakes. But Christians may have missed the biggest earthquake news ever — on Mars.

image 21.png

Newsweek reported the baffling story this week in an article headlined, Mars 'Meteorite' Boom Was Actually Planet's Largest Ever Quake. The shocking six-hour, 4.7 magnitude marsquake in May 2022 has now been declared not to be from a giant meteor strike after all— proving that Mars is much more seismically active than experts and scientists have always claimed.

Established theories hold that, unlike Earth, Mars is just too small and too cold for to have any real tectonic processes. They’ve never really seen any significant tectonic activity on Mars before. So this is new. To try to reconcile the new quakey discrepancy between obvious reality and Science, experts searched Mars for signs of a dust cloud, a blast zone, or a fresh crater. But they came up short. So the race is on to come up with a new tectonic theory for the Red Planet.

I don’t know what’s so mysterious about it. It is obviously manmade climate change. The excessive CO2 in the Earth’s atmosphere caused by gas-powered SUVs is so bad it is now tragically destroying, not just the Earth, but the entire Solar System. Who knows how many innocent space bacteria may be dying by the trillions as Mars shakes around? Scientists should talk to Greta Thunberg if they really want to clear up this mystery.

Or, it might be aliens tunneling through Mars’ dusty crust using advanced boring technologies. I’m okay with either explanation.

Don’t cancel me, I’m just saying, but after all, newly-rumbling Mars happens to be named after the Roman god of War. It’s probably nothing though.

Have a wonderful weekend! I’ll see you guys back here on Monday to kick off another great week of Coffee, Covid, and Common Sense.