Your calling.

theophilus

Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

We have been saved from the curse of the Law; not the command of it. Obeying God's laws is not bondage. It is freedom and love.

theophilus

Paul writes that it is. Why don't you believe what Paul says? Why do you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Romans 7
14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. 17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Again, we have been saved from the curse of the Law but not the command of it.

Paul obeyed it at understood this.

Are you affirming that God requires perfect obedience from us in this life? We answer, Yes! God will not set any lower standard before us than that (see 1 Pet. 1:15). Then does the real Christian measure up to that standard? Yes and no! Yes, in his heart, and it is at the heart that God looks (I Sam. 16:7). In his heart every regenerated person has a real love for God’s commandments, and genuinely desires to keep all of them completely. It is in this sense, and this alone, that the Christian is experimentally "perfect." The word "perfect," both in the Old Testament (Job 1:1, and Ps. 37:37) and in the new Testament (Phil. 3:15), means "upright", "sincere", in contrast with "hypocritical".

"Lord, you have heard the desire of the humble" (Ps. 10:17). The "desires" of the saint are the language of his soul, and the promise is, "He will fulfil the desire of those who fear him" (Ps. 145:19). The Christian’s desire is to obey God in all things, to be completely conformed to the image of Christ. But this will only be realized in the resurrection. Meanwhile, God for Christ’s sake graciously accepts the will for the deed (1 Pet. 2:5). He knows our hearts and see in His child a genuine love for and a sincere desire to keep all His commandments, and He accepts the fervent longing and cordial endeavor in lieu of an exact performance (2 Cor. 8:12)
~A. W. Pink, "Profiting From The Word" http://gracegems.org/BOOKS/06obedience.htm

That's what grace is.

But hey, [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION], suit yourself!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 7
14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. 17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Again, we have been saved from the curse of the Law but not the command of it.

Paul obeyed it at understood this.

~A. W. Pink, "Profiting From The Word" http://gracegems.org/BOOKS/06obedience.htm

That's what grace is.

But hey, [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION], suit yourself!
No, suit yourself in your failure to see the truth of what Paul writes in the but now where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). Keep yourself under the yoke of bondage that the Galatians were bewitched into thinking they had to keep and keep on wrongly dividing the word of truth. You'll get more "thanks" that way, but suffer at the judgment seat of Christ (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV).

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

We are not commanded to keep the law! We are dead to it by the body of Christ (Romans 7:4 KJV, Galatians 2:19-21 KJV)!

Last edited:

theophilus

Christ died to save us from the curse of the law, not the command of it. In keeping of the law, with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength, there is great reward.

Love is the fulfillment of the law.

Who do YOU love?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Christ died to save us from the curse of the law, not the command of it. In keeping of the law, with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength, there is great reward.

Love is the fulfillment of the law.

Who do YOU love?
Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obey.

For those who read more than just the writings of Paul.

:)
Thanks for clearing up what you mean.

But did you know that the Hebrew word "keep" does not mean to obey, but to guard - keep close by - having a hedge around.
As a shepherd keeps his sheep.
He keeps the sheep (guards -keeps close by - having a hedge around), he does not obey the sheep.

I keep the law.
I do not obey the law, because it is the law that reminds me I have not obeyed it and finds me guilty.

theophilus

Thanks for clearing up what you mean.

But did you know that the Hebrew word "keep" does not mean to obey, but to guard - keep close by - having a hedge around.
As a shepherd keeps his sheep.
He keeps the sheep (guards -keeps close by - having a hedge around), he does not obey the sheep.

And the sheep know His voice and follow Him.

I keep the law.
I do not obey the law, because it is the law that reminds me I have not obeyed it and finds me guilty.

I'm going to have to ponder that.

:think:

Thanks, [MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION]!

:thumb:

theophilus

They lost themselves when they turned to idols.

One reason I read the OT. It's a lesson on how to (not) really know and serve God. Keeps me from making the same egregious mistakes and taking God for granted.

I enjoy asking and answering your questions as well...because you WILL answer questions.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They lost themselves when they turned to idols.
They were His sheep.
So, His sheep listen to His voice, and His sheep got lost.
Seems to indicate that a sheep listening to His voice does not prevent a sheep from getting lost.

But He does go looking for the ones that got lost.

Matthew 18:11-14 KJV
(11) For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
(12) How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
(13) And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
(14) Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.​

I enjoy asking and answering your questions as well...because you WILL answer questions.

Sometimes.

theophilus

Wonder how that happened.

Israel saw the parting of the Red Sea.
The got manna.
The had the pillar of fire and light.
They made it to the promised land.

How does one fall for an idol after that?

Jesus didn't lose His sheep. They ran from Him...wide open. Like a little kid who's dad says, "come here" and the kids takes off in the opposite direction. Running as fast as he can, squealing the whole time "you can't catch me."

Methinks we just do whatever we want to do.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wonder how that happened.

Israel saw the parting of the Red Sea.
The got manna.
The had the pillar of fire and light.
They made it to the promised land.

How does one fall for an idol after that?

Jesus didn't lose His sheep. They ran from Him...wide open. Like a little kid who's dad says, "come here" and the kids takes off in the opposite direction. Running as fast as he can, squealing the whole time "you can't catch me."

Methinks we just do whatever we want to do.
Yeah, not even Moses got to enter the promised land.

Just goes to show that no matter how hard you try and no matter how many good things you do, you're still a big fat loser that flubs up.
Good thing we rely on the obedience and righteousness of Christ rather than our own.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.