‘Hope for Iowa': Iowa Churches to Distribute Bibles to Every Home in City

Granite

Hall of Fame
I do not agree that it has to be an either, or situation.

Well yeah, actually, it was in this case. These people could've spent their time energy and money on literally anything else. They had a chance to help the needy, and blew it. This whole fiasco's a pretty nifty way of summing up what's wrong with American Christianity: Even when earnest and eager to help, the well-intentioned among you manage to somehow screw it up.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well yeah, actually, it was in this case. These people could've spent their time energy and money on literally anything else. They had a chance to help the needy, and blew it. This whole fiasco's a pretty nifty way of summing up what's wrong with American Christianity: Even when earnest and eager to help, the well-intentioned among you manage to somehow screw it up.

Why don't you just admit that you have no clue what the individuals who who raised this $18,000 do to help those in need?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why don't you just admit that you have no clue what the individuals who who raised this $18,000 do to help those in need?

They just wasted this money. Food, clothes, diapers, bills--oh, no. No, instead they decided to give people (who already live in houses) the world's most common work of literature.

Uh, congrats, guys. You go. You really go.

journey

Isaiah 55:10-11 KJV 10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God's Word is powerful and always accomplishes His will and purpose. It never returns void. Distributing God's Word is a very kind and compassionate thing to do.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They just wasted this money. Food, clothes, diapers, bills--oh, no. No, instead they decided to give people (who already live in houses) the world's most common work of literature.

I get that you consider the Gospel message a waste.

keypurr

If they do not read the Bible thy have now why do they think they will read the new one? I think the money could have been spent better.

Most homes have at least one Bible. It would be better to buy less and spend more time teaching the folks in the homes what the Bible teaches.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I get that you consider the Gospel message a waste.

If someone's starving or needs to make their rent or their babies need diapers handing them a Bible accomplishes absolutely, totally nothing. This group just took almost twenty grand and flushed it down the toilet. Their self-righteousness is matched by their utter stupidity.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You go too! You know instead of sitting here being negative day in and day out, creating misery, you could cancel your internet and use that money to feed a homeless person, you know do something of more value with your money, or are you just protesting too much?

Last edited:

glorydaz

You go too! You know instead of sitting here being negative day in and day out, creating misery, you could cancel your internet and use that money to feel a homeless person, you know do something of more value with your money, or are you just protesting too much?

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

quip

BANNED
Banned
You go too! You know instead of sitting here being negative day in and day out, creating misery, you could cancel your internet and use that money to feed a homeless person, you know do something of more value with your money, or are you just protesting too much?

Says the ToL Gold Member ad hom troll!

Stuu

That book has changed countless lives!
Indeed. Just imagine how much less angst, guilt, persecution and social injustice (especially towards women) there would have been had Abrahamism never been invented.

Stuart