15 years of chrysostom 

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
red77

I remember red77. He took on the rep system and won. I was right behind him. He was so much fun. We were the good guys. Something happened to red77 and he became Arthur Brain. Can't believe they are the same person. What happened to him?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
red77
I remember red77. He took on the rep system and won. I was right behind him. He was so much fun. We were the good guys. Something happened to red77 and he became Arthur Brain. Can't believe they are the same person. What happened to him?

Nothing ... he is still the same stand up guy he always has been.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
on page 114 of my thread 'who posted', I captured the major players in the first 'Grosnick Marowbe 3' thread, the greatest thread ever.
Grosnick Marowbe 2,004
Eeset 1,658
Tambora 1,218
chrysostom 1,103
Town Heretic 563
meshak 510
Rusha 333
Wile E. Coyote 307
Angel4Truth 212
steko 186
TomO 157
sky. 124
bybee 105

total 8,480
this list includes only those with more than a hundred posts and not more than two of my friends

It was all about hate. Only hate could generate a response like that. They all wanted to run Grosnick out of town. Most wanted me to go with him.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
on page 114 of my thread 'who posted', I captured the major players in the first 'Grosnick Marowbe 3' thread, the greatest thread ever.
Grosnick Marowbe 2,004
Eeset 1,658
Tambora 1,218
chrysostom 1,103
Town Heretic 563
meshak 510
Rusha 333
Wile E. Coyote 307
Angel4Truth 212
steko 186
TomO 157
sky. 124
bybee 105

total 8,480
this list includes only those with more than a hundred posts and not more than two of my friends

It was all about hate. Only hate could generate a response like that. They all wanted to run Grosnick out of town. Most wanted me to go with him.

I don't think Tom O hated him. And I don't remember Wile E Coyote at all.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
annabenedetti

I remember anna. We have a love/hate relationship. TOL was too difficult for her. We still meet secretly in another world. She hates what I am for but for some reason thinks I am worth saving. She won't give up on me. I really appreciate her attention.

Thank you for thinking of me, but your blog isn't a secret, you link to it regularly.

Arthur Brain

red77

Well, not sure what you think that is Chrys because I haven't had some big paradigm shift in views or anything, just grew up a bit is all. Sure, I remember the ole "RATO" days and it was fun, I won't deny it and the camaraderie it produced but this place was a lot different back then, in fact it's been several years since all of that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
15 years of chrysostom

three threads with over 500k views
- gather in His name (TOL's first) (deleted)
- Grosnick Marowbe 3 (the second, first one was deleted but the greatest ever)
- good morning breakfast clubbers

top poster June 23, 2014
shut down rep system
rep war 3

banned 3 to 5 times
but
who's counting? maybe town

also banned were my annual awards,
possibly my finest achievement

2011 (deleted?)
2012 (deleted?)

chrysostom’s 2013 annual awards

TOL was my first of four forums.
My blog on WordPress is now my primary effort.
Introducing the world to my views on the Apocalypse.
the apocalypse at tol

Thanks to all my friends here at TOL

You had a good run. It was a moment in time, and it had its good moments.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I agree
They were fun and definitely not pointless
They addressed what I considered major problems with posts.
My blob award pointed out those who for the most part just took up valuable space which forced tol to delete many of my valuable threads not to mention my posts.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I agree
They were fun and definitely not pointless
They addressed what I considered major problems with posts.
My blob award pointed out those who for the most part just took up valuable space which forced tol to delete many of my valuable threads not to mention my posts.

Yes and no.

Your nominations were mean-spirited, you know they were. Yes, like your blob award. People just posting things they like, and they get called a blob because you thought they took up valuable space, even though it was explained to you many times that they didn't take up valuable space and you wouldn't listen. (Not to mention you think your space was more valuable than theirs, which takes some kind of I don't know what.) Then you'd take a dig at TH, sod would double down, Bybee would knock you upside the head and we were off to the races. I can't say I didn't have fun because I certainly did, mostly from enjoying what friends would post, they made me laugh so many times. :chuckle: I've not forgotten zoo's "brickest brick" award and I still think that's the best one.

Last edited: