ECT 2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
You prove that what I say about the fact that you run and hide is true because every single time you to fail to address the following words of the Lord Jesus which were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
(Jn.6:47).​

Even after I have shown you this verse and many similar verses which prove that the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law that all of their spiritual blessings were a result of "faith" and faith alone you continue to mislead others by saying that those who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

Your agenda is clearly to undermine the Lord Jesus as well as what He taught. You have no respect for Him or His teachings because the only thing you respect is yourself and your petty ideas!

=spam, as he "responded" with his word-for-word cute little spam, in seconds, loading up his spam gun.

Move on clown, Catholic, bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, Pate, Jr. troll, divider of the brethren, as TOL laughs at you, is on to your clamoring for attention. That ignore mode must really make you grind your teeth, eh, Jer?

Please-give us another 'run and hide," to impress everyone on this board. Please?

Jerry Shugart

Move on clown,

Why should I move on and rob you of a chance to address my remarks about what you said here?:

"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." 2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV

The words there which you quoted can be understood better when we look at the verse which follows:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Cor.5:17).​

Here the words " in Christ" are referring to the Body of Christ, and being in Christ is in regard to the believer's "Oneness" with the Lord Jesus because believers in the Body are made "alive TOGETHER with Christ":

"Even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

This speaks of the Christian's total identification with the Lord Jesus, a truth which is true for only those who are in the Body of Christ. Our life which is in Christ is the same thing spoken of in the following passage:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:1-4).​

That is exactly what the Apostle John told the Jewish believers in his first epistle:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son"
(1 Jn.5:11).​

Now let us look again at the first two verses which I quoted:

"Even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:1-4).​

Being in the Body of Christ is in regard to an absolute "oneness" with Him to such an extent that the "position" of those in the Body is being raised up with Him and sitting in heavenly places. Only those in the Body of Christ share that "oneness" in regard to being raised to heavenly places.

The author of the book of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers the following:

"Ye are come unto Mount Sion and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the congregation of the called out ones of the firstborn, who are registered in the heavens and to God the Judge of all and to the spirits of just men made perfect and to Jesus, the mediator of the new testament and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better than that of Abel" (Heb.12:22-24).​

That explains why the author of the book of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers that they are partakers of a "heavenly calling":

"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus" (Heb.3:1).​

Those who received the Hebrew epistles are members of the Body of Christ.

Cat got your tongue, john w?

john w

Hall of Fame
Why should I move on and rob you of a chance to address my remarks about what you said here?:

The words there which you quoted can be understood better when we look at the verse which follows:
Translation of "The words there which you quoted can be understood better when we look at the verse," the "we" being Jer's interpretation, or "Sir" Robert Anderson's, Stam's, Sadler, Schaefer's, Schofield's, O'Hair's, Ryrie's,.............................................................................................................................................

Thanks for checkin' in with your spam, Jer. We are on to you, which explains you being on ignore by most.

Spam away, divider.

Jerry Shugart

Translation of "The words there which you quoted can be understood better when we look at the verse," the "we" being Jer's interpretation, or "Sir" Robert Anderson's, Stam's, Sadler, Schaefer's, Schofield's, O'Hair's, Ryrie's'

You failed to mention that you just recently quoted Charles Welch of Acts 28 fame.

john w

Hall of Fame
You failed to mention that you just recently quoted Charles Welch of Acts 28 fame.

I rarely quote, other authors, while you, in contrast, quote others, in every other post, deceiver.

But nice change directions, side step. You said that you obtained this "Jesus was a man in heaven before he came to earth" jazz from "Sir" Robert Anderson. You never quoted him. You asserted this jazz. I caught you in another lie. Explain your lie.

Jerry Shugart

But nice change directions, side step. You said that you obtained this "Jesus was a man in heaven before he came to earth" jazz from "Sir" Robert Anderson. You never quoted him. You asserted this jazz. I caught you in another lie. Explain your lie.

Here are Sir Robert Anderson's own words on the subject:

"The revelation of the Son of Man will lead the spiritual Christian, who has learned to note the hidden harmony of Scripture, to recall the language of the creation story: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." "The type," as the biologist would phrase it, is not the creature of Eden, but He after whose likeness the creature was fashioned. And this suggests the solution of a "mystery." We are but men, and while angels behold the face of God, no man hath seen Him or can see Him. We are "flesh and blood," and "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God." And yet as men we are to dwell in heavenly glory; and that wonderful promise shall be fulfilled to us-" They shall see His face."

"How is this seeming paradox to be explained? "Flesh and blood" are not essential to humanity. True it is that, as "the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same. He assumed "a natural body." "For there is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." The one pertains to "the first man," who is "of the earth earthy, the other to "the second Man," who is "of heaven." For the Lord from heaven is "Very Man," and it is as Man that He is now upon the throne. But the body is not the man: it is but the tent, the outward dress, as it were, which covers Him. And He is "the same yesterday, and to-day, and for ever " the same who once trod the roads of Galilee and the streets of Jerusalem. He is enthroned as Man, but no longer now in "flesh and blood." For ere He "passed through the heavens" He changed His dress.

"And we too "shall be changed." "As we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly,' The image, or pattern, of the earthy is the Adam of the Eden creation; that of the heavenly is the last Adam, the Lord from heaven. And He will "fashion anew the body of our humiliation, that it may be conformed to the body of His glory"
(Sir Robert Anderson, The Lord From Heaven [Grand Rapids: Kregel Classics, 1978], 31-32).​

Sonny boy,this is way, way, way, way, WAY above your understanding since you are unable to understand the words of the Lord Jesus which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:

john w

Hall of Fame
Here are Sir Robert Anderson's own words on the subject:

"The revelation of the Son of Man will lead the spiritual Christian, who has learned to note the hidden harmony of Scripture, to recall the language of the creation story: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." "The type," as the biologist would phrase it, is not the creature of Eden, but He after whose likeness the creature was fashioned. And this suggests the solution of a "mystery." We are but men, and while angels behold the face of God, no man hath seen Him or can see Him. We are "flesh and blood," and "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God." And yet as men we are to dwell in heavenly glory; and that wonderful promise shall be fulfilled to us-" They shall see His face."

"How is this seeming paradox to be explained? "Flesh and blood" are not essential to humanity. True it is that, as "the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same. He assumed "a natural body." "For there is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." The one pertains to "the first man," who is "of the earth earthy, the other to "the second Man," who is "of heaven." For the Lord from heaven is "Very Man," and it is as Man that He is now upon the throne. But the body is not the man: it is but the tent, the outward dress, as it were, which covers Him. And He is "the same yesterday, and to-day, and for ever " the same who once trod the roads of Galilee and the streets of Jerusalem. He is enthroned as Man, but no longer now in "flesh and blood." For ere He "passed through the heavens" He changed His dress.

"And we too "shall be changed." "As we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly,' The image, or pattern, of the earthy is the Adam of the Eden creation; that of the heavenly is the last Adam, the Lord from heaven. And He will "fashion anew the body of our humiliation, that it may be conformed to the body of His glory"
(Sir Robert Anderson, The Lord From Heaven [Grand Rapids: Kregel Classics, 1978], 31-32).​

Sonny boy,this is way, way, way, way, WAY above your understanding since you are unable to understand the words of the Lord Jesus which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:

Evasion:

That is not my original thought because that was said by Sir Robert Anderson, the father of "truthful" systematized Mid Acts Dispensationalism. He certainly didn't deny the Lord Jesus' plain words which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:

So, just to set the record straight-Jer. denies that he said:

"The Lord Jesus was in heaven as Man before He came down to earth and was born of Mary."

Jer asserts that he never said it-he said Anderson did. And stuff "that is not my original thought," as if it was not, why did you say it? Why did you not site Anderson? And Jer asserts that AMR misquoted him.

You lied, to wit:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?74351-Our-triune-God/page246

Post #3677
With that understood it is easy to know that when the Lord used the term "Son of God" He was referring to Himself as God. And when He used the term "Son of Man" He was referring to Himself as Man.

And these words prove that it was as Man that He came down from heaven, proving that He was Man before being born of Mary:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven" (Jn.3:13).

And the Lord Jesus says practically the same thing here:

"What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).

What He is saying there can only mean one thing, that He was in heaven as Man prior to being born of Mary.

But for some reason you just cannot believe what He said.

Caught.....Watch the squirm, evasion, spin....

Right Divider

Body part
Excellent post, Brother John.

What you pointed out that I never saw before is that the subjects of even human kings almost never refer to royalty only by their given names -- when done formally and correctly (which is usually) it's always somehow in the context of the royal title. Same with lords and other elites. At minimum, it's a sign of respect and of knowing one's place (I'm not advocating for such human systems, just describing them as they are).

And yet the Lord Christ is referred to merely as Jesus most everywhere today...in books, in "praise and worship" songs, in prayers...there's a reason for that but most don't know what it is.
I found this very interesting as well.... the term "Lord Jesus" is use only ONCE in the "gospels".... ONLY Luke uses the term and that ONE occurrence is in the LAST CHAPTER. (Luke also uses the term 19 times in the book of Acts with only 5 of those before Acts 9).

YET... in Paul's epistle's the term is found 85 TIMES..... 85 TIMES!!!

And yet most of Churchianity will not even notice this incredible distinction.

musterion

Know who else preaches this?

And these words prove that it was as Man that He came down from heaven, proving that He was Man before being born of Mary:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven" (Jn.3:13).

And the Lord Jesus says practically the same thing here:

"What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).

What He is saying there can only mean one thing, that He was in heaven as Man prior to being born of Mary.

Answer:

templesquare-christmas-temple-night-1136743.jpg

glorydaz

JohnW smells Catholic. We both smell L.S. There's a clear streak of Acts 2 and now a dash of Mormon. Very eclectic mix he has.

Too many books. Brain fry.

Ecclesiastes 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Jerry Shugart

Too many books. Brain fry.

Too many denials of the words of the Lord Jesus fries brains and will fry the whole person in the future. For instance, there are many on this forum who teach that the Jewish believers who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works despite the following words of the Savior Himself spoken to the Jews:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life"
(Jn.5:24).​

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

Now let us look at what is written here:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

The word "whosoever" in this verse must include not only the Gentile believers as well as the Jews who lived under the law. So all people who believe in the Lord Jesus have in their possession everlasting life and they shall never perish. No "works" of any kind are mentioned.

glorydaz, you are not one of those with fried brains who deny these words of the Lord Jesus and say that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works, are you?

Oh, I forgot. You don't answer questions on the grounds that your answers may tend incriminate you. However, in the end that will not help you in anyway because the LORD knows the heart.

You can run from Him but you can't hide from Him.

Jerry Shugart

If only you all knew the bliss of having Jerry on ingore!

The same bliss which you have by having the Lord Jesus on ignore because you are unable to even understand the following words which the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law:

It is true what they say about people like you, that "ignorance is bliss."