ECT 2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV

glorydaz

Here is what the Apostle Paul said about those living under the law:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).​

If you were born again you would know that " works" and "grace" are mutually exclusive and therefore you would also know that "works" were not required for salvation for those who lived under the law. That is why you run and hide from the following words of the Savior Himself which were spoken to those who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" (Jn.11:25-26).​

Yes, the gospel of John presents the Lord Jesus as God. But you refuse to believe Him despite the fact that only those who "believe God" are justified in his eyes:

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness" (Ro.4:3).​

Your faith is based on what some people told you the Scriptures say. And every single time that there is a conflict between what people tell you and what God Himself says you cling to the teaching of people.

So sad!

Jerry, you are trolling this thread. You are trolling too many threads. :troll:

glorydaz

Thanks, Clete. That just goes to show, that the LORD God can even use, employ, like he did Balaam's a_ _,anyone/thing, even an alleged mean spirited, belligerent, "hate filled," "un-cultured," rabble rouser like me, and Barney fife, for His glory, to suit His purpose, and get "alot" of mileage out of this dumb, wacko MAD hillbilly(survey Acts 4:13 KJV), such as myself.

And you make an excellent point...one you've made before. I have to admit it's hard to get out of old habits. I did for awhile, and then I forgot. Thanks for the reminder. :thumb:

john w

Hall of Fame
Jerry, you are trolling this thread. You are trolling too many threads. :troll:

Yes, that is his "ministry," spamming the same copy'npaste, word-for-word assertion, on auto pilot, on every thread, not really wanting to engage in a debate, to learn, but to "prove" that he is right, and all those "Neo" MAD's are wrong. He is a disingenuous poser, with an un-teacheable spirit, a divider amongst the brethren, as he is always right, and this is his outlet, for showing(off) on the net, circuit, just how right he is.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, that is his "ministry," spamming the same copy'npaste, word-for-word assertion, on auto pilot, on every thread, not really wanting to engage in a debate, to learn, but to "prove" that he is right, and all those "Neo" MAD's are wrong.

It only takes one verse to prove that the Neo-MADs are wrong and none of you have yet given a sensible answer as to the meaning of the word " whatsoever" in that verse:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(Jn.3:16).​

Whosoever believes receive the blessing but you say that the Jews believers who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

So now it is your time to insult me with your childish antics and then run and hide from what is said at John 3:16.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, you are trolling this thread. You are trolling too many threads.

You are the troll not me. That is why you did not even try to answer my remarks to the subject of this thread, remarks that completely destroy your teaching. Of course you will just run and hide to what I said about the subject of this thread:

"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." 2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV

The words there which you quoted can be understood better when we look at the verse which follows:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Cor.5:17).​

Here the words " in Christ" are referring to the Body of Christ, and being in Christ is in regard to the believer's "Oneness" with the Lord Jesus because believers in the Body are made "alive TOGETHER with Christ":

"Even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

This speaks of the Christian's total identification with the Lord Jesus, a truth which is true for only those who are in the Body of Christ. Our life which is in Christ is the same thing spoken of in the following passage:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:1-4).​

That is exactly what the Apostle John told the Jewish believers in his first epistle:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son"
(1 Jn.5:11).​

Now let us look again at the first two verses which I quoted:

"Even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:1-4).​

Being in the Body of Christ is in regard to an absolute "oneness" with Him to such an extent that the "position" of those in the Body is being raised up with Him and sitting in heavenly places. Only those in the Body of Christ share that "oneness" in regard to being raised to heavenly places.

The author of the book of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers the following:

"Ye are come unto Mount Sion and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the congregation of the called out ones of the firstborn, who are registered in the heavens and to God the Judge of all and to the spirits of just men made perfect and to Jesus, the mediator of the new testament and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better than that of Abel" (Heb.12:22-24).​

That explains why the author of the book of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers that they are partakers of a "heavenly calling":

"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus" (Heb.3:1).​

Those who received the Hebrew epistles are members of the Body of Christ.

Jerry Shugart

Brilliant/humble minds think alike, D of G!

Why would brilliant minds run and hide from the simple words of the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to those who lived under the law?:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
(Jn.6:47).​

glorydaz

You are the troll not me. That is why you did not even try to answer my remarks to the subject of this thread, remarks that completely destroy your teaching. Of course you will just run and hide to what I said about the subject of this thread:

Your remarks had nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

2 Corinthians 5:16
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.​

Instead you choose to troll. :nono:

Jerry Shugart

Your remarks had nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Maybe to the blind but my remarks actually illustrate the reason why true believers no longer know the Lord Jesus after the flesh.

As usual when you see truths which contradict your ideas you never even attempt to respond to them. Instead you pull a john w and run and hide from them.

glorydaz

Maybe to the blind but my remarks actually illustrate the reason why true believers no longer know the Lord Jesus after the flesh.

As usual when you see truths which contradict your ideas you never even attempt to respond to them. Instead you pull a john w and run and hide from them.

I've simply learned there is no way to communicate with you, Jerry.

You repeat and repeat your point....as the heathens do. ;)

Jerry Shugart

I've simply learned there is no way to communicate with you, Jerry.

Yes, because every time you are cornered you run and hide. You can't deal with the truth because the truth is above your understanding. For instance, in the following passage the Lord Jesus tells the Jews who lived under the law how they receive the blessing of everlasting life:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

According to these words of the Savior Himself the Jews who lived under the law received the blessing of everlasting life by "believing" and believing alone.

But you say that the believing Jews who lived under the law could not receive that blessing apart from works. The reason why you can't communicate with me is because you are blind to the plain words of the Lord Jesus and are completely unable to carry on a conversation about His words in an intelligent way.

Jerry Shugart

If only you all knew the bliss of having Jerry on ingore!

The same bliss which you have by having the Lord Jesus on ignore because you are unable to even understand the following words which the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law:

It is true what they say about people like you, that "ignorance is bliss."

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
It only takes one verse to prove that the Neo-MADs are wrong and none of you have yet given a sensible answer as to the meaning of the word " whatsoever" in that verse:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(Jn.3:16).​

Whosoever believes receive the blessing but you say that the Jews believers who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

So now it is your time to insult me with your childish antics and then run and hide from what is said at John 3:16.

=spammed, word-for-word, for the 34th time this year, and, in hypocrisy, cries, "insult me," mouth of one side of his big, fat mouth, and out of the other, "the Neo-MADs...childish antics....run and hide."Take a bow....your favorite awards show is coming up...The Academy Awards.

You flaming actor, and stuff your "none of you have yet given a sensible answer as to" lie, habitual liar, as many have, for years, but you, in your deceptive MO, just don't like the answers, as you, of course, are always right, poser.

john w

Hall of Fame
. That is why you did not even try to answer my remarks to the subject of this thread, remarks that completely destroy your teaching. Of course you will just run and hide to what I said about the subject of this thread:

=word-for word spam, for the 15th time, in 1 week

john w

Hall of Fame
Why would brilliant minds run and hide from the simple words of the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to those who lived under the law?:

=spammed for the 16th time this week.

Slower: Brilliant minds do not engage admitted bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, such as yourself-only bible believers.

So, Jer, what type of insane person, keeps posting, to me, when I tell you I won't engage you, and when I agree with you, that you are an admitted bible corrector/mystic/agnostic,not a bible believer?

Rhetorical q.You just need attention, as not many are listening to you on the circuit.

Give us another cute "run and hide," Jer. Please? Please teach us?

Jerry Shugart

"the Neo-MADs...childish antics....run and hide.

You prove that what I say about the fact that you run and hide is true because every single time you to fail to address the following words of the Lord Jesus which were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

Even after I have shown you this verse and many similar verses which prove that the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law that all of their spiritual blessings were a result of "faith" and faith alone you continue to mislead others by saying that those who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

Your agenda is clearly to undermine the Lord Jesus as well as what He taught. You have no respect for Him or His teachings because the only thing you respect is yourself and your petty ideas!