5th Annual TOL-A-THON

PKevman

I love TOL, always have and always will. Though life is busy and my participation is not what it once was, it will always hold a special place in my heart and I will support it as long as it remains! God bless you Knight and TOL staff!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have had a few people ask if we will allow the TOL-A-THON to go over our goal. The answer is... of course!

I know there are a few of you who would really like to pitch in even after the goal is reached so we will leave the fundraiser going until the 19th just as advertised.

Going over the goal actually is a big help as we pay a percentage of donations to credit card fees and I always end up covering that part so it does help a great deal to go over the goal.

I want to thank everyone for their generous donations so far. This has been a super encouraging TOL-A-THON this year. :up:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think:

The 2011 TOL-A-Thon

1) Think about this for a moment and consider the following . . .
  • TOL doesn't ask very often, only once a year.
  • It is not like the PBS pledge drives that are so quarterly that it seems monthly.
  • Nothing is said about doubling the offer, you know, "But wait, click in the next five minutes…"
  • No Kabooming or Oxcleaning, or "As seen on TV" either.
  • No snake oil pitches, or a "Have I got a deal for you" medicine man like character flicking his tongue between words.
  • There is no you must pay to play. But you can go from "Blue" to "Green" quite easily.
  • Knight didn't start the 2011 TOL-A-THON with, "I'll give the last dollar, who'll give the first"

2) Now think about the following . . .
  • How much it takes to operate a free-zone just register website. Remember you can up-grade.
  • Donations are by choice and amount.
  • That the paid subscriber is worth the price.
  • Most other Religious/Political/and the Rest forums are not as open and free about having such a varied mix forum membership.
  • I support several things that are not essential, really?, yes really. So why not TOL, to me TOL is an essential place where TOL members desire to fellowship online and see the truth spread and that truth be effective.

3) Finally, consider this . . .
  • TOL is worth our support.
  • TOL does not have a lot of techno problems, leakages, cracks or break-ups, that’s the sign of a good webmaster, a well oiled machine, so to speak.
  • Compare TOL to the daily devotional "Our Daily Bread", it is always there - Since 1955 ODB is in the mail box every month faithfully.
  • So now that the TOL-A-THON is under way, consider how faithful TOL, Knight and TOL staff are to be there when "WE" turn on the PC, if we have a desktop short cut and when we click on it up pops theologyonline.com, and our session begins.

Yes, I do and I'm supporting TOL and the TOL-A-THON.

No, this is not a paid promotional.​

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is great about TOL and why I supported it.

a. Membership is not restricted to one particular religious group like many sites.
b. There is considerable freedom in expressing one's views unlike many sites.
c. The truth is not squashed like on many websites. Christians are free to call sin, sin.
d. I can shamelessly proclaim the Name of Christ.
e. I can learn a lot from peers here with excellent Bible knowledge
f. The website is very well maintained. Spammers are promptly booted.
g. The coup de grace - Bob Enyart Live!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can't believe it. :jawdrop:

We have already hit 100% of our goal! Nick M sent us to 100% this morning. I think this has been the most successful TOL-A-THON ever. We hit our goal in less than a week. :jump:

I want to thank everyone who donated. We can now pay our yearly dedicated hosting bill and breathe easy for another calendar year.

I also want to thank everyone who participates here at TOL. It's you folks who make this place the most interesting website on the planet. :up: