A Total Loss Of Respect

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you. I have been saying this for years. People should be qualified to vote. It's frightening that a person that has no basic understanding of the US Constitution, economics, science, politics, law, finance, etc. can vote. Why should they be able to vote if they don't understand any of these things at a basic level. And by basic I mean a test that an 8th grader can pass.

It used to be this way. How can one vote and read measures for state ballots like taxes and amendments, if they can't read?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
As far as I am concerned, anyone who actually casts a vote for Donald Trump will have forfeited any moral and political credibility they might otherwise have had. Trump is a known serial liar, cheater, womanizer, and thief. He has no knowledge of nor realistic solutions for the complex problems facing the nation and it's people, and he doesn't even care. Instead, he's willing to turn us against each other in ignorance and hate, just to gain some votes. He does not represent republican values, he does not represent conservative values, he doesn't even represent capitalist values. All he represents is unrestrained greed and ego, dishonesty, and opportunistic exploitation. And anyone who supports him in his bid to become America's representative to the world is an example of all that's wrong with the American spirit, and within the ignorance and darkness of the human heart.

all that and he's still a better choice than hillary! :banana:

vote trump!

PureX

I would be shocked to find out you actually and truly expect that sort of introspection from the Trump supporters here at ToL.
There's always hope. I was once a "hopeless drunk" that no one in their right mind would have thought could be reformed. And yet here I sit, 23 years sober. And over the years I have met others of whom I likewise would never have thought reform, possible. And yet they surprised me, and arose from their own ashes like a Phoenix.

And anyway, what's our alternative to hoping for such introspection and reform? Recoiling in despair? If we don't at least speak up, none will even have a chance to hear and maybe awaken. And I do believe there's always hope. Some people do finally wake up, and change.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Everyone can see that those of you who support Trump cannot defend your choice. All you can do is slander Hillary Clinton and hope that somehow this justifies your idiotic and grotesque support for Trump.

You have lost all credibility in the eyes of anyone who can see and think clearly. And of anyone who maintains a modicum of moral integrity and self-respect. I just want you to know that.

It is not slander when there is fact to back it up,and there are enough facts that this woman is completely corrupt on multiple fronts. Purex, you go ahead and vote for the corrupt lying felon Hillary because you have no respect for the law, and are completely devoid of any sense of morals just as every voter that would cast a vote for a criminal under federal investigation. You have absolutely no basis to spotlight the "morals" of others when you have none yourself, or at least what you do consider morals are a moving target.

Jose Fly

There's always hope. I was once a "hopeless drunk" that no one in their right mind would have thought could be reformed. And yet here I sit, 23 years sober. And over the years I have met others of whom I likewise would never have thought reform, possible. And yet they surprised me, and arose from their own ashes like a phenix.

I appreciate your optimism.

And anyway, what's our alternative to hoping for such introspection and reform? Recoiling in despair? If we don't at least speak up, none will even have a chance to hear and maybe awaken. And I do believe there's always hope. Some people do finally wake up, and change.

When it comes to the sort of ugliness that's expressed around here, I say shine a light on it and let the world see exactly what sort of beliefs and viewpoints are held by conservative Christians. Then let the chips fall where they may. The data shows Christianity is already in steep decline in the west, and IMO the more they tie themselves and their faith to Trump, the more they do to further that trend. And that's a good thing IMO.

ok doser

When it comes to the sort of ugliness that's expressed around here, I say shine a light on it and let the world see exactly what sort of beliefs and viewpoints are held by conservative Christians. Then let the chips fall where they may. The data shows Christianity is already in steep decline in the west, and IMO the more they tie themselves and their faith to Trump, the more they do to further that trend. And that's a good thing IMO.

so the reason you participate on this site is because you think the core membership is ugly? :freak:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
As soon as a liberal uses the word 'bigot(ry)(ed)(s)', their argument immediately becomes meaningless to me.
Their broken record has run the needle flat, and many people are just plain tired of hearing it- the world isn't run on politeness, and they ought to mind their own bigotry.

PureX

The fact that so many supposed Christians are still supporting Trump is a disgrace to the religion. But then, for myself, religious Christianity has always been as evil as it was ever good, because it is an expression of humanity, and this is who we are. But all the more reason to seek and glorify the good in it, and to expose and disparage the evil.

PureX

It is not slander when there is fact to back it up,and there are enough facts that this woman is completely corrupt on multiple fronts. Purex, you go ahead and vote for the corrupt lying felon Hillary because you have no respect for the law, and are completely devoid of any sense of morals just as every voter that would cast a vote for a criminal under federal investigation. You have absolutely no basis to spotlight the "morals" of others when you have none yourself, or at least what you do consider morals are a moving target.
Interestingly, this thread is not about Hillary Clinton. Yet every post is another attempt at slandering her in the worst ways possible, because the people posting can't justify their support for Trump. So they have to shift the conversation over to Hillary.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
as far as i'm concerned, you're an idiot whose opinion means diddlysquat

It's hilarious that they expect anything other than what they get from Trump supporters when their argument always boils down to "TRUMP IS A BIG MEANIE!!"

:chuckle:

ok doser

Interestingly, this thread is not about Hillary Clinton. Yet every post is another attempt at slandering her in the worst ways possible, because the people posting can't justify their support for Trump.

not sure how to knock this into your thick skull, but trump's support comes from a realization of just how bad for america a hillary presidency would be

ClimateSanity

I was wondering when the feigned outrage over things that didn't happen would show up. Wikileaks hacked emails prove the "victims" are Clinton campaign plants.

Where did you find that at? I want to read those and be able to answer all the people accusing trump of groping

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Interestingly, this thread is not about Hillary Clinton. Yet every post is another attempt at slandering her in the worst ways possible, because the people posting can't justify their support for Trump. So they have to shift the conversation over to Hillary.

Again it is not slander if there is facts to back it up, and just because she has not been held to account (yet) for her crimes does not mean she is not a corrupt lying felon (all facts that can be backed up). As far as supporting Trump well, not so much but, if a vote for him is a vote against a criminal? than yes, in that respect he has my support to defeat this criminal and deny her the opportunity to expand her/their criminal network using the oval office as their vehicle. What is really stupefying & instructive to me is how liberals such as yourself will align yourself with the criminal element as long as your agenda is furthered which says more about you personally and liberals collectively than you know...you have absolutely no moral ground to grab here.

ok doser

... slandering her in the worst ways possible ...

:think:

who does that sound like?

Trump is a known serial liar, cheater, womanizer, and thief.

He has no knowledge of nor realistic solutions for the complex problems facing the nation and it's people, and he doesn't even care.

he's willing to turn us against each other in ignorance and hate, just to gain some votes.

All he represents is unrestrained greed and ego, dishonesty, and opportunistic exploitation.

oh yeah

you