Abortion ISN'T "murder"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The exercise does tease out what people really think life is. I agree, by the way, that abortion is bad, but that it is not actually murder.

Calling it murder dumbs down the message, IMO. I am more interested in stopping unplanned pregnancies (via sex education and affordable contraception) and offering more compassion and help to women who feel desperate.

Right Divider

Body part
Calling it murder dumbs down the message, IMO. I am more interested in stopping unplanned pregnancies (via sex education and affordable contraception) and offering more compassion and help to women who feel desperate.

Perhaps it might help to teach them God's ways regarding sex and marriage.

P.S. The premeditating taking of an innocent life is the Biblical definition of murder.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The premeditating taking of an innocent life is the Biblical definition of murder.

Let's say you're in a building with 5-month old baby and a tray of 50 zygotes. Suddenly, the building burst into flames. You only have time to take either the tray of 50 zygotes or the 5-month old baby to safety, but not both. Which would you choose?

Right Divider

Body part
Let's say you're in a building with 5-month old baby and a tray of 50 zygotes. Suddenly, the building burst into flames. You only have time to take either the tray of 50 zygotes or the 5-month old baby to safety, but not both. Which would you choose?

Your silly "scenarios" are meaningless.

The premeditated taking of an innocent life is the Biblical definition of murder

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Well, I will never use the term murder (a legal term), but rather the intentional killing of an unborn baby.

What (if anything) do you mean by calling the term, 'murder', "a legal term"? What would you say makes one thing "a legal term", the absence of which makes another thing not "a legal term"?

Why will you never call the intentional killing of an unborn baby, "murder"? (I assume that, when you say, "I will never use the term murder", you mean that you will never call the intentional killing of an unborn baby, "murder".)

What condition would need to be met for you to be willing to call the intentional killing of an unborn baby, "murder"?

Why would you call the intentional killing of a born baby, "murder", and yet, refuse to call the intentional killing of an unborn baby, "murder"?

7djengo7

https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...n-legal/page13 (post 188)

It was a simple scenario:

Suppose a sudden, intense fire broke out in an in-vitro lab and you were the only one available to assist. In this particular lab, on a table, held a depository of 100 viable zygotes within test tubes. Next to these test tubes though lies a 3 month-old, helpless infant. You only have time to rescue one or the other...which shall it be?

By "100 viable zygotes", are you referring to 100 human beings? Yes or No?

That is to say, is this what you're asking:

Suppose a sudden, intense fire broke out in an in-vitro lab and you were the only one available to assist. In this particular lab, on a table, held a depository of [100 human beings] within test tubes. Next to these test tubes though lies a 3 month-old, helpless infant. You only have time to rescue one or the other...which shall it be?

Is that what you are asking? Yes or No?

Invariably, the intuitive respone is to immediately save the single child over the - 100 fold - lives in test tubes. Why do you think that is?

By "lives", do you mean human beings? Yes or No?

Invariably, the intuitive respone is to immediately save the single child over the - 100 fold - [human beings] in test tubes. Why do you think that is?

Is that what you're asking? Yes or No?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Let's say you're in a building. Before you are 2 5-month old babies and a tray containing 100 zygotes. Suddenly, the building bursts into flames. You only have time to save either the 2 5-month old babies or the tray of 100 zygotes, but not both. Which will you choose?

7djengo7

Let's say you're in a building. Before you are 2 5-month old babies and a tray containing 100 zygotes. Suddenly, the building bursts into flames. You only have time to save either the 2 5-month old babies or the tray of 100 zygotes, but not both. Which will you choose?

By "zygotes", do you mean human beings? Yes or No?

7djengo7

By "zygotes", do you mean human beings? Yes or No?
<NO ANSWER>
By "zygotes," I mean human zygotes.
Thus...
Let's say you're in a building. Before you are 2 5-month old babies and a tray containing 100 [human zygotes]. Suddenly, the building bursts into flames. You only have time to save either the 2 5-month old babies or the tray of 100 [human zygotes], but not both. Which will you choose?
By "human zygotes", do you mean human beings? Yes or No?
<NO ANSWER>

By "human zygotes", do you mean human beings? Yes or No?

No. I don't mean anything by your phrase, "human zygotes". I do not, by your phrase, "human zygotes", mean human beings, nor do I mean things that are not human beings, by your phrase, "human zygotes". Where have I used your phrase, "human zygotes", in any other way than to ask whether or not by it you mean human beings? That's right: I have not.:)

So, again:

By your phrase, "human zygotes", do you mean human beings? Yes or No?

Remember: If you mean nothing by your phrase, "human zygotes", then you mean nothing by your "thought experiment" quoted above ("Let's say you're in a building.....Which will you choose?"). If you mean nothing by that, then you've not asked a question, since whatever is meaningless is not a question.

And, of course, I do not assume that you must mean something by your phrase, "human zygotes", which is why I ask you:

By your phrase, "human zygotes", do you mean human beings? Yes or No?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

quip

BANNED
Banned

Is that what you are asking? Yes or No?

By "lives", do you mean human beings? Yes or No?

Is that what you're asking? Yes or No?

I'm not asking a thing from you....rather YOUR intuitive reflection upon the scenario is all that's required. Thanks for participating.