And then there were five.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
After New Hampshire Carly and Christie are out. Carson is out too but won't admit it until after the South Carolina primary.

That leaves Trump, Kasich, Cruz, Bush and Rubio.

Either Rubio or Bush will stumble in South Carolina. Cruz will hang around through Super Tuesday but that will sink him. Cruz expects a major boost from Super Tuesday but it won't happen.

Anyone think differently?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kasich and Bush are also out. New Hampshire is full of idiot liberals. This was expected for them to be a little better. It is Cruz, Rubio, and Trump.

glorydaz

Rubio 'the robot' won't last too much longer.

He was making a point, but he didn't make it clearly enough. It's almost like he was surprised people were too stupid to see it (especially Christie). Christie's charge that Obama was a Senator and didn't know what he was doing so Rubio wouldn't either is ridiculous....Obama knew exactly what he was doing. He set out to destroy America, and he may well have succeeded.

In the end, I think Rubio will benefit from this lesson, and it will end up between Rubio and Trump....which will be just fine with me.

fool

Hall of Fame
Trump will buyout his top competitor by offering him the Vice Presidency.

Breathe

He was making a point, but he didn't make it clearly enough. It's almost like he was surprised people were too stupid to see it (especially Christie). Christie's charge that Obama was a Senator and didn't know what he was doing so Rubio wouldn't either is ridiculous....Obama knew exactly what he was doing. He set out to destroy America, and he may well have succeeded.

In the end, I think Rubio will benefit from this lesson, and it will end up between Rubio and Trump....which will be just fine with me.

It's time to let the next generation see what they can do. Mine began the downfall, Obama's made it worse - maybe Rubio's will start the healing. I really do like this young man. I believe he is more of a uniter than Trump will ever be. Mr. Trump alienates a lot of conservatives, and I have a hard time believing his rude crudeness will play well in the south. But he is certainly a better alternative than Hillary & Bernie.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
After New Hampshire Carly and Christie are out. Carson is out too but won't admit it until after the South Carolina primary.

That leaves Trump, Kasich, Cruz, Bush and Rubio.

Either Rubio or Bush will stumble in South Carolina. Cruz will hang around through Super Tuesday but that will sink him. Cruz expects a major boost from Super Tuesday but it won't happen.

Anyone think differently?

I think it will be between Trump and Cruz in the end. Trump takes it.

ClimateSanity

What matters is his ability to enact liberal policies. He just wants the American middle class to be strong again with a larger manufacturing sector. He doesn't seem to be energized by liberal social policy. He isn't against it; he just doesn't think it is a big deal. The movers and shakers of liberal social policy won't be able to bully him aka...LGBT....black lives matter....planned parenthood and the anti gun lobby. He is also opposed to stifling green regulations. His liberal actions of the past were mainly going along to get along.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I think it will be interesting when Trump tries to collect on the cost of the wall from Mexico, and Mexico says "No Way". Trump will sputter and steam then realize he needs to go to Congress to get something done and at that point, the powers that be in Congress will agree with Mexico. What does The Donald do then?
Or some world leader will criticize him, effectively defriending him and he will attempt to retaliate. But running the country is a bit different than his "I have more $ than you so I get the better deal" attitude.
Maybe he will just attempt to bankrupt the country like he has several businesses.
And the crazed right thinks Obama hurt the country? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

With the others, Teddy wants a theocracy and Marco wants to reinvade Cuba.
Kasich is actually the only reasonable republican but the base won't buy it. You guys may just be forced to swallow hard and take Jeb (yawn)>

But for the fact that Sanders has no real foreign policy background and the right will hang the "communist" tag on him, he might be the best choice of all. Avoids the Bible waving, the Hillary distrust and the bombastic Trumpster.

With any luck the Republican party will self destruct sufficiently to get both the House and Senate back in Democratic hands.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Late Wednesday it became official that Carly and Christie were dropping out. Dr. Ben has been quiet.

glorydaz

What will Donald Trump do to this country?

Hopefully he'll actually try some common sense, which is more than I can say about any other candidate except for Ben Carson. Being a politician is like being a one trick pony. They go around in the same old circle and just walk, trot, and canter but never really try a different path.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I read that W is going to stump for Jeb and Bill is, of course, already involved in the Hillary campaign. This is a historic change. First time that ex presidents are taking active roles in a presidential election.