Another Brilliant Idea from PlannedBarrenHood

Nineveh

Merely Christian
A pro-life group is criticizing Planned Parenthood for selling a 6-inch ruler that asks, "Does Size Matter?"

According to American Life League's STOPP International, the ruler directs children to Teenwire, a Planned Parenthood website filled with "graphic sexual content."

"Planned Parenthood's facade that it is an organization that helps women and children continues to crumble as more people discover their offensive products, which trivialize sexuality and directly target children," said Jim Sedlak, executive director of STOPP International.cite

T-shirts, sex-ed "workshops" for kids, and now these rulers. I wonder how far plannedbarrenhood will sink in their perverseness before America will no longer tolerate it.

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Another Brilliant Idea from PlannedBarrenHood

Originally posted by Nineveh

T-shirts, sex-ed "workshops" for kids, and now these rulers. I wonder how far plannedbarrenhood will sink in their perverseness before America will no longer tolerate it.
Unfortunately, I'm thinking they still have a ways to go.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Yeah, it's been what? 30 years they have hidden murder behind closed doors and gotten away with it, but their evil hearts are seeming to have a harder time of late not seeping into the mainstream. Maybe the folks who never gave it much thought, might now they can plainly see what ideas come from a murderous heart ....

Sozo

I think it is obvious that Planned Parenthood's plan is to promote sex among America's youth; the purpose being, of course, is to improve their marketing efforts and increase revenue through abortion. If kids don't get pregnant, then Planned Parenthood loses a great deal of operating capital. Murder is a profitable business, so promoting promiscuity builds a much larger customer base.

Free-Agent Smith

Re: Another Brilliant Idea from PlannedBarrenHood

Originally posted by Nineveh

I'm guessing that PP will also start promoting "metrosexual" lifestyles too.

For some unknown reason I get the idea that PP is helping making the men of the U.S. more effeminate also.

firechyld

Uh... am I the only one who bothered to check out the "teenwire" site?

All I'm seeing is some decent answers to questions that teens ask, some news stories, and some fairly decent advice.

As for this...

I think it is obvious that Planned Parenthood's plan is to promote sex among America's youth; the purpose being, of course, is to improve their marketing efforts and increase revenue through abortion. If kids don't get pregnant, then Planned Parenthood loses a great deal of operating capital. Murder is a profitable business, so promoting promiscuity builds a much larger customer base.

... almost everything on that site is aimed at reducing pregnancy rates. There's some really sound contraception advice there.

You don't have to accept the site as a positive thing, but at least go to the trouble of looking at it before you condemn it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I think the ruler is a dumb idea. Just plain dumb. The fact that it is obviously intended for that one thing is dumb.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by firechyld

... almost everything on that site is aimed at reducing pregnancy rates.

Don't be obtuse. PlannedBarrenHood's "bread and butter" is the murder of unborn babies.

How is "measuring up" promoting chidren not have sex? Or do you believe virgin pregnancy is as prevalent as virgin STDs?

firechyld

Don't be obtuse. PlannedBarrenHood's "bread and butter" is the murder of unborn babies.

How is "measuring up" promoting chidren not have sex? Or do you believe virgin pregnancy is as prevalent as virgin STDs?

Did you look at the site?? The information and advice is quite clear.

SOTK

Re: Re: Another Brilliant Idea from PlannedBarrenHood

Re: Re: Another Brilliant Idea from PlannedBarrenHood

Originally posted by Poly

Unfortunately, I'm thinking they still have a ways to go.

I agree with Poly. This is only the beginning. I see groups like this getting much worse! :down:

Skeptic

Originally posted by Sozo

I think it is obvious that Planned Parenthood's plan is to promote sex among America's youth; ...
No, its plan is to promote positive responsible sex among America's youth for those who choose to engage in it.

Responsible sexual behavior is not something that comes naturally to people. It must be learned.

Therefore, responsible sexual behavior should be taught to our youth.

Abstinence only programs do not teach responsible sexual behavior. They just teach abstinence from any sexual behavior. Information NEVER hurt anyone! It is the LACK of information that does harm. And trying to teach kids nothing but abstinence does more harm than good. Such programs are a failure and should be banned.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Skeptic

No, its plan is to promote positive responsible sex among America's youth for those who choose to engage in it.
"Responsible" or otherwise, that doesn't negate Sozo's statement. Planned Parenthood's plan is to promote sex among America's youth.

firechyld

"Responsible" or otherwise, that doesn't negate Sozo's statement. Planned Parenthood's plan is to promote sex among America's youth.

They're not promoting sex. They're trying to equip kids with information that will help them if they choose to have sex.

You're too smart to honestly not be able to see the difference.

Lucky

Hall of Fame

They're not promoting sex. They're trying to equip kids with information that will help them if they choose to have sex.
Saying PP "equips kids with information that will help them if they choose to have sex" is just another way of saying PP "promotes positive responsible sex among America's youth for those who choose to engage in it." Is it really that hard to see the similarity? Maybe if you take your statement and ask "why?" Why are they equiping kids with such information? To promote sex! Call it "responsible" sex, call it "safe" sex.. it's still sex.

firechyld

I've seen nothing that suggests they "promote" sex. They accept that it happens, and they try to minimise harm.

Acknowledging something is not promoting it... just like ignoring it doesn't actually make it go away.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Accepting that it happens is being apathetic to it. Instead of trying to lessen it they are continuing the epidemic by promoting "safe" ways to do it. There are groups out there promoting waiting until you are ready and responsible enough to handle the consequences of sex before you have sex. I know I am not ready to handle the consequences. I could not support a family. I could not pay medical bills that could arise as a result of even one night/time of pleasure. Sex isn't worth it. No matter how horny I am. So, instead of working to remedy the problem they are condoning it and therefore promoting it. Nobody even cares about love and true intimacy anymore, it seems.

I told my frined about these rulers and he said he wanted to buy one and get another ruler that's 12" long that has the word, "Yes" on it.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

They're not promoting sex.

Pray tell, what is being "measured up" and why? On second thought, don't. Please, just continue on in your lack of wisdom.

"I told my frined about these rulers and he said he wanted to buy one and get another ruler that's 12" long that has the word, "Yes" on it."

Seems lighthouse's friend figured it out.

Skeptic

Originally posted by lighthouse

Accepting that it happens is being apathetic to it. Instead of trying to lessen it they are continuing the epidemic by promoting "safe" ways to do it.
There is no "epidemic" of teen sex. Teens have been having sex since there have been teens. The epidemic is certain sexually transmitted diseases that are preventable by engaging in responsible sexual behavior.

There are groups out there promoting waiting until you are ready and responsible enough to handle the consequences of sex before you have sex.
The efforts by fundies to stop teens from having any sex until they are married has been and will continue to be misguided and a failure.

I know I am not ready to handle the consequences. I could not support a family. I could not pay medical bills that could arise as a result of even one night/time of pleasure.
Fear of such consequences will never be sufficient to stop most teens from having sex with each other. There is nothing wrong with teen sex. What is wrong or foolish is being irresponsible when engaging in it.

Sex isn't worth it. No matter how horny I am.
You've made that choice, but don't force your choice on everyone else. If others think sex is worth it, then they have a right to take responsibility for their choice. And groups like PP help those who choose to have sex to do so responsibly.

So, instead of working to remedy the problem they are condoning it and therefore promoting it.
The problem is not teen sex. It is irresponsible sexual behavior.

Nobody even cares about love and true intimacy anymore, it seems.
Anymore? Love has never been a prerequisite for sex, and vice versa. This is fine. Young people can love and have true intimacy as well as adults. Adults can be as irresponsible sexually as can teens. Teaching responsible sexual behavior is a much more successful and ethical way to prevent unwanted consequences than teaching abstinence only.

Free-Agent Smith

I've seen nothing that suggests they "promote" sex. They accept that it happens, and they try to minimise harm.

Acknowledging something is not promoting it... just like ignoring it doesn't actually make it go away.

I know you don't live in the United States, so maybe you don't understand how our culture is working over here where PP is concerned.

They offer free STD testing, abortions, profilactics and pregnancy tests. These things, among others, might apply to both genders and for some have the option of anonymity for teens so that their parents don't have to be notified that thier children have contracted diseases, gotten pregnant or have been accompany to abortion proceedures.
In my area Planned Parenthood has quite a large clientele. Most of them are teen-agers that know their "problems" can be solved without unwanted attention.

Maybe I have given you more credit than I should have but I figured you could have easily seen how these circumstances promote additional people to Planned Parenthood's clientele.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Skeptic

There is no "epidemic" of teen sex. Teens have been having sex since there have been teens. The epidemic is certain sexually transmitted diseases that are preventable by engaging in responsible sexual behavior.
I don't think teens are the only ones having irresponsible sex, but most of the adults who are being irresponsible started having sex as teens.

The efforts by fundies to stop teens from having any sex until they are married has been and will continue to be misguided and a failure.
Teens who are having sex quit having sex as teens, when they are no longer teens.

Fear of such consequences will never be sufficient to stop most teens from having sex with each other. There is nothing wrong with teen sex. What is wrong or foolish is being irresponsible when engaging in it.
These people are being irresponsible in having sex at all. They are not afraid of the consequences, and when they happen they blame the contraception, instead of themselves, because no one wnats to accept responsibility for anything. Have you ever heard of a woman telling a man that he got her pregnant? She blames him. Why do you think thta is?

You've made that choice, but don't force your choice on everyone else. If others think sex is worth it, then they have a right to take responsibility for their choice. And groups like PP help those who choose to have sex to do so responsibly.
I chose that way, because it is the most responsible choice, and ignorant liberals are just too dumb to see that. Sex is not worth any of the consequences, when one does not have the means to deal with them, especially when they are too immature to deal with them.

The problem is not teen sex. It is irresponsible sexual behavior.
No kidding. Sex, when you're not ready, is irresponsible...no matter what means you use to prevent pregnancy and disease.

Anymore? Love has never been a prerequisite for sex, and vice versa. This is fine. Young people can love and have true intimacy as well as adults.
Did I say that either was a prerequisite for the other? All I said was that sex without love or intimacy is nothing more than a meaningless act and is performed by selfish people who are only in it for themselves. People who don't care about the other person. People like you.

Adults can be as irresponsible sexually as can teens.
[sarcasm]Are you some kind of detective? How did you figure this out?[/sarcasm] I know this. I've seen it. When did I say it was only about teens?

Teaching responsible sexual behavior is a much more successful and ethical way to prevent unwanted consequences than teaching abstinence only.
Responsible sexual behavior includes waiting until you are ready for the repercussions of the connection of sex, itself...and the other consequences.