Another new member

misstoast

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum.

I am 30 years old and I will be relocating to Pensacola soon. I have been looking into prospective schools for my little girl, who will be going into the sixth grade. One of the schools I am interested in had a selection of past senior thesis statements available online. One argued for the death penalty and the institution of mosaic law in the United States. That paper lead me to this forum, particularly to the Death Penalty Debate thread.

I am a Roman Catholic. My relatives, whom we will be staying with for a while until I am situated in my job, are Independent Fundamentalist Baptist. I hate to say it, but I'm torn in this school hunt.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL. You will find this a very interesting site. There isn't another site quite like it. I think you will enjoy it here.

InHope

That's an interesting situation you have there- sounds like you may have some stories to share- Glad to have you here :)

misstoast

Thanks for the welcome Some other dude, but I think I'll be fine. I'm Catholic, therefore I am used to having my beliefs perennially attacked with the same tired accusations.

-InHope, it is an interesting situation, and a long story. In June my daughter and I will be joining my former father in law and his wife. Though annulled and divorced for a number of years I still regard them as my own family. They’ve been asking us to move down there for quite awhile and the opportunity is there, so we’re going to see what it’s like. I’ve never lived very far from home, so it will be something new for us.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

I am 30 years old and I will be relocating to Pensacola soon. I have been looking into prospective schools for my little girl, who will be going into the sixth grade. One of the schools I am interested in had a selection of past senior thesis statements available online. One argued for the death penalty and the institution of mosaic law in the United States. That paper lead me to this forum, particularly to the Death Penalty Debate thread.

I am a Roman Catholic. My relatives, whom we will be staying with for a while until I am situated in my job, are Independent Fundamentalist Baptist. I hate to say it, but I'm torn in this school hunt.

Welcome MissT! Be aware - it can get pretty rough and tumble in here. Wear a helmet. :wave:

Amen to that! I hope you find your time here enjoyable but, this board is not for the faint of heart so again, grab your flak gear.

Welcome
rocketman

Krsto

Amen to that! I hope you find your time here enjoyable but, this board is not for the faint of heart so again, grab your flak gear.

Welcome
rocketman

Are you going to be the first to throw a grenade? If you do I was going to say she would be toast but I guess someone already beat you to it - so be careful - she appears to be battle hardened already.

Hi misstoast :wave: - I won't throw any grenades, but I do love to kick people's Sacred Cows, if you have happened to bring any along.

So with no further adoo, welcome to TOL! Hope you enjoy your time here.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Are you going to be the first to throw a grenade? If you do I was going to say she would be toast but I guess someone already beat you to it - so be careful - she appears to be battle hardened already.

Hi misstoast :wave: - I won't throw any grenades, but I do love to kick people's Sacred Cows, if you have happened to bring any along.

So with no further adoo, welcome to TOL! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Krsto, have I thrown any grenades at you? :idunno:

misstoast

Thank you guys for all the welcomes. This forum is extensive; I'm kinda surprised I haven't came across it before now.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Greetings, madam. :)

Why don't you raise your own child instead of sending her to school for strangers to raise?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Welcome, misstoast.

Have you thought about home-schooling your daughter?

bybee

Welcome!
My daughter is a school bus driver. She states that the children who attend parochial schools of any denomination tend to be much more pleasant than the public school students.
I hope you enjoy your stay here on TOL.