Answering old threads thread

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You assume that violence is the only way to force someone. Would it be possible to force someone to have sex with you through nonviolent means? Like withholding food?
Whether or not it leaves a mark doesn't matter. Child rapists don't tend to leave marks. Felony case perjurers neither. It doesn't have to leave a mark to be violence, rape is one of those cases where it might not leave a mark, but it's 'mala in se' violent crime 'prima facie' 'ipso facto' anyway.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Whether or not it leaves a mark doesn't matter. Child rapists don't tend to leave marks. Felony case perjurers neither. It doesn't have to leave a mark to be violence, rape is one of those cases where it might not leave a mark, but it's 'mala in se' violent crime 'prima facie' 'ipso facto' anyway.
Child molesters, who more often than not tend to be family members, often gain the compliance of their victims. In other words the child voluntarily complies with the abuse, doesn't recognize it as abuse.

In the case of traffickers, they gain the compliance of the victim who is often a child by providing them with the essentials of life - food water shelter. And usually drugs.

Arthur Brain

Tell me why it doesn't.

A: Unless you're married to a complete psycho who has you locked up in a basement or something whereby you can't go to the shops or a takeaway then you can get your own food.

B: Why would you even feel attracted to such a psycho to be able to even have sex with her?

Derf

A: Unless you're married to a complete psycho who has you locked up in a basement or something whereby you can't go to the shops or a takeaway then you can get your own food.

B: Why would you even feel attracted to such a psycho to be able to even have sex with her?
So now it's my fault if I'm raped by my wife?

Derf

How you worked that out from what I posted is anyone's guess...
It's pretty straightforward.
Why would you even feel attracted to such a psycho to be able to even have sex with her?
See--I shouldn't feel attracted to my psycho wife, according to you.
Unless you're married to a complete psycho who has you locked up in a basement or something whereby you can't go to the shops or a takeaway then you can get your own food.
And I should get my own food, unless my psycho wife locks me up.

What if my psycho wife, the hypothetical breadwinner in my family, won't give me money to get takeout unless I have sex with her?

Arthur Brain

It's pretty straightforward.

See--I shouldn't feel attracted to my psycho wife, according to you.

And I should get my own food, unless my psycho wife locks me up.

What if my psycho wife, the hypothetical breadwinner in my family, won't give me money to get takeout unless I have sex with her?
Well, yeah, it is pretty straightforward, just not in the way you would have it to be.

If you're attracted to psychotic women then hey, up to you. Otherwise, yeah, you can get your own food...duh.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Derf

Well, yeah, it is pretty straightforward, just not in the way you would have it to be.

If you're attracted to psychotic women then hey, up to you. Otherwise, yeah, you can get your own food...duh.

This is beyond ridiculous.
Which is another way to say "I never thought of it that way."

I'm astounded you so quickly moved to blame the victim.

Arthur Brain

Which is another way to say "I never thought of it that way."

I'm astounded you so quickly moved to blame the victim.
Nah, it isn't because It's such a ridiculous premise I wouldn't even want to think of it. If you're married or have a girlfriend I'm wagering that she hasn't threatened you with a lack of food and has you held hostage until you agree to have sex with her cos you wouldn't be posting on here for a start.

I never blame the victim where it comes to rape, I blame the perpetrator each and every time whether it's within or marriage or else. If someone forces themselves on their partner or anyone there is no justification for it whatsoever. Those who "think" otherwise are in dire need of a functioning moral compass.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Nah, it isn't because It's such a ridiculous premise I wouldn't even want to think of it. If you're married or have a girlfriend I'm wagering that she hasn't threatened you with a lack of food and has you held hostage until you agree to have sex with her cos you wouldn't be posting on here for a start.
In Catholicism any evocation encouraging or effecting emission with the informed consent and with the conscience is illicit. Cf. post 32. OP in the thread says life's great because of voluntary emissions, except that, as he says in his posts, his life's actually a trainwreck. I'm not saying it's typical, but in this case, the two appeared to be potentially, possibly, connected and related in an etiological way.
I never blame the victim where it comes to rape, I blame the perpetrator each and every time whether it's within or marriage or else. If someone forces themselves on their partner or anyone there is no justification for it whatsoever. Those who "think" otherwise are in dire need of a functioning moral compass.
Ducks mate by raping. Don't forget that biological fact. When we say we have a right against being raped, we are saying we have a right to not be a duck. Like a sitting duck.

Derf

And where would you direct someone to find such a compass?