Answering old threads thread

Arthur Brain

In Catholicism any evocation encouraging or effecting emission with the informed consent and with the conscience is illicit. Cf. post 32. OP in the thread says life's great because of voluntary emissions, except that, as he says in his posts, his life's actually a trainwreck. I'm not saying it's typical, but in this case, the two appeared to be potentially, possibly, connected and related in an etiological way.

Ducks mate by raping. Don't forget that biological fact. When we say we have a right against being raped, we are saying we have a right to not be a duck. Like a sitting duck.
Female black widow spiders give the male one chance to get outta the web after mating otherwise he's lunch as well. Pointless applying human morality onto ducks or any other animal.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You don't believe me? It's true.
It is absolutely NOT true in any correct sense of the word "rape".

Rape NEVER has anything to do with reproduction and rarely ever results in a preganancy. It is a violent act intended to physically control, emotionally humiliate and otherwise psychologically injure the victim. All things that animals are entirely incapable of performing or even conceiving of.

This sort of stupidity angers me to no end! It not only displays an asinine lack of knowledge but a deplorable lack of judgment. It serves to do nothing but diminish the severity of one of the most horrendous crimes that a person is capable of committing against another. You owe every rape victim in the world an apology.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Female black widow spiders give the male one chance to get outta the web after mating otherwise he's lunch as well. Pointless applying human morality onto ducks or any other animal.
Nature is lit.

So much for natural law theory.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
What's that supposed to mean exactly?
If we intervened aggressively in the duck world to stop the raping ducks would go extinct. Unless we carefully put the right number of males and females together, you have to outnumber the males dramatically with females in order for them to stop on their own apparently. There's something about their dopamine system that tells them that raping will be rewarding so they do it coz they're just dumb ducks anyway, but you can manipulate them so that they'll stop raping by outnumbering them greatly with way more females than males, then they'll stop raping all on their own. Something in their dopamine system clicks, and now raping doesn't seem like such a potentially rewarding behavior to them anymore.

Natural law theory used to be where we thought we got our morals from. Before America. America just said we get our moral rights from God. The rest is history, and so is natural law theory as proof of absolute morals.

Derf

New Hampshire. This convo's pointless. If you don't intrinsically know that there's something abhorrent about forcing yourself onto another under any circumstances then there's clearly something wrong with you.
I know. I don't think you know, or don't want to admit it. And your dismissive answers affirm it--which also assures me that the conversation is not pointless, but uncomfortable for you.

Arthur Brain

I know. I don't think you know, or don't want to admit it. And your dismissive answers affirm it--which also assures me that the conversation is not pointless, but uncomfortable for you.
How on earth is it uncomfortable for me exactly? I flat out and categorically state that rape is indefensible under any circumstances be it within marriage or else. How does it get any clearer than that?. When you've been put on the spot you've stated "depends" and gone on some garbled rubbish about withholding food and whatnot. Projecting onto me ain't gonna help ya.

Arthur Brain

If we intervened aggressively in the duck world to stop the raping ducks would go extinct. Unless we carefully put the right number of males and females together, you have to outnumber the males dramatically with females in order for them to stop on their own apparently. There's something about their dopamine system that tells them that raping will be rewarding so they do it coz they're just dumb ducks anyway, but you can manipulate them so that they'll stop raping by outnumbering them greatly with way more females than males, then they'll stop raping all on their own. Something in their dopamine system clicks, and now raping doesn't seem like such a potentially rewarding behavior to them anymore.

Natural law theory used to be where we thought we got our morals from. Before America. America just said we get our moral rights from God. The rest is history, and so is natural law theory as proof of absolute morals.
Again, anthropomorphism isn't the issue here and neither's America frankly.

Derf

How on earth is it uncomfortable for me exactly? I flat out and categorically state that rape is indefensible under any circumstances be it within marriage or else. How does it get any clearer than that?. When you've been put on the spot you've stated "depends" and gone on some garbled rubbish about withholding food and whatnot. Projecting onto me ain't gonna help ya.
Do you have a source for your morality? or is it purely your opinion?

Arthur Brain

Do you have a source for your morality? or is it purely your opinion?
It's inbuilt. I despise cruelty, abuse, violation and all manner associated. Those who don't and make excuses for such have something that isn't so inbuilt, like psychopaths, sociopaths and the like. I've categorically and unequivocally stated that any form of rape is abhorrent. You haven't. How so?