ARCHIVE: Is it ever right to deny Christ?

Y

Yxboom

You may want to loan some of your perception super powers to Hey Zeus because the extensive advertising on the forums pages of myself being a moderator wasn't enough to clue him in that he had to still ask.

Y

Yxboom

Originally posted by Calvinist
Do you think Freak is confused?

In case there has been placed in this thread any kryptonite that may be blocking you super-sensory perceptive powers I will repaste my reply to Freak earlier in this same thread.

Originally posted by Yxboom

That is because you are a confused legalist and fail to realize that God seeks relationships more than shallow words in a sin-cursed world.

Calvinist

In case there has been placed in this thread any kryptonite that may be blocking you super-sensory perceptive powers I will repaste my reply to Freak earlier in this same thread.

Die Green Menace!!!!

P

Pilgrimagain

That being said, even at gun point I would not deny Christ.

D

Dee Dee Warren

You may want to loan some of your perception super powers to Hey Zeus because the extensive advertising on the forums pages of myself being a moderator wasn't enough to clue him in that he had to still ask.

LOLOLOL

Y

Yxboom

If a crazed gunman were to have your son or daughter at gun point would you deny Christ?

D

Dee Dee Warren

PA, what if it were somebody else at gunpoint? Someone who was not quite so willing to die for your faith??

D

Dee Dee Warren

No one is going to deny that this is a tough one. In order though I think to make the dogmatic statement that it would NEVER be morally permissible, there are some hurdles to be overcome. First, that lying can be morally permissible, and the Bible gives us two clear examples when it was. Second that this issue is an example of an inviolate subject when it comes to lying. I don't think the Biblical case can be made for that. I have no problem with the concept that even accepting that lying can be morally righteous (which I do) that there may be some inviolate subjects. I have yet to see that proven. Matthew 10 and Luke 12 do not prove that as Knight has pointed out over and over again.

Y

Yxboom

As pious as you may think you sound Cirisme it is very unrealistic. And since it is a command as a father to seek the well-being for their children to allow their children to be sacrificed for the sake of hollow words sheds a very horrid light on that man as a father who would sacrifice his own children on the alter of a misguided conviction.

Y

Yxboom

Just as Jepthath to sacrifice his daughter as a burnt offering. Are you not doing the same? To appease God you will sacrifice your children on the altar.

Unlike Jepthath who did not kill his daughter you would have.

C

cirisme

Straw man.

I said I would not deny my God, I never said I would allow such a horrible thing to happen to my own flesh and blood.

Y

Yxboom

Do you know what a straw man is?

My question:
If a crazed gunman were to have your son or daughter at gun point would you deny Christ?
Your answer:
Originally posted by cirisme
No.

And your contradiction:
Originally posted by cirisme
I said I would not deny my God, I never said I would allow such a horrible thing to happen to my own flesh and blood.

Should I re-ask the question?

C

cirisme

Not denying Christ, and stopping a tragedy are two different things.

You can keep from denying Christ, while preventing a tragedy. :)

Y

Yxboom

You are so incoherent. Give me your address and I will buy you a mirror for Xmas so you can practice making sense.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am so shocked to read that many here would actually sacrifice their children to some maniac for a completely meaningless reason!

I say "meaningless" because my denial to the gun wielding nut is false! Therefore I am not doing anything brave by demonstrating to a delusional criminal that I am Christian.

Now, on the other hand.... if the government became increasingly wicked and put me on trial for being a Christian and if my life depended on me denying Christ I HOPE I would be so brave as to NOT deny Him even if it cost me my life.

I say "HOPE" because I am human. I am weak! I think I would be brave and profess my faith but I cannot say for absolutely certain. I pray that I will never be in that situation.

But that isn't what we are talking about here. We are discussing a meaningless slaughter of my children! My professing Christ would mean nothing, God wouldn't see that as bravery! I think He would see it as a disappointment. I suspect that God would be a little disappointed that I didn't use my wisdom like the Hebrew midwives did and thwart the evil plan so that I and my family could live and alert the authorities to the man in an effort to save even MORE lives!