ARCHIVE: Is it ever right to deny Christ?

Y

Yxboom

I can only share your hope there as well as frustration by the pious lunacy.

C

cirisme

:nono:

A) You deny Christ.
B) You don't deny Christ.
C) You don't deny Christ while doing something to try to stop a tragedy.

You people only see A & B as the only possible answers, you think I'm answering B.

I am answering with C.

;)

D

Dee Dee Warren

That was not an option in the scenario Ciris... and you keep wording it in an overly emotive manner. IT IS A LIE. NO ONE IS ADVOCATING ACTUALLY DENYING CHRIST.

whitewitch

Originally posted by Knight
I am so shocked to read that many here would actually sacrifice their children to some maniac for a completely meaningless reason!

I say "meaningless" because my denial to the gun wielding nut is false! Therefore I am not doing anything brave by demonstrating to a delusional criminal that I am Christian.

Now, on the other hand.... if the government became increasingly wicked and put me on trial for being a Christian and if my life depended on me denying Christ I HOPE I would be so brave as to NOT deny Him even if it cost me my life.

I say "HOPE" because I am human. I am weak! I think I would be brave and profess my faith but I cannot say for absolutely certain. I pray that I will never be in that situation.

But that isn't what we are talking about here. We are discussing a meaningless slaughter of my children! My professing Christ would mean nothing, God wouldn't see that as bravery! I think He would see it as a disappointment. I suspect that God would be a little disappointed that I didn't use my wisdom like the Hebrew midwives did and thwart the evil plan so that I and my family could live and alert the authorities to the man in an effort to save even MORE lives!

So the girl at that school in Colorado was a meaningless sacrafic in your eyes?

Y

Yxboom

You are answering with D) You are incoherent. C was never an option and you knew full well.
Will you dare throw C in the face of the many Jewish father who witnessed their own children brutally murdered before their own eyes.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Ciris.. the problem is that we are all pouring different meanings here into what is going... so I jumped on you somewhat inconsistently, and I apologize. I just want to be clear that no one is advocating actually denying Christ but LYING in a specific circumstance.

Y

Yxboom

Originally posted by whitewitch

Talk about major misrepresentation! Is that a requirement or just a perk from being a witch? :nono:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by whitewitch

Two points....

1. Her professing Christ had NO effect on any other lives! In her case I am in awe of her bravery and I can only pray I would be so brave.

2. Had she not been so brave (out of fear or confusion) God would not have held that against her! God knew her heart and would have known she was being coerced.

Y

Yxboom

It is the sacrificing of another person for your own belief that is what is being rejected.

NSMinistries

Resident Servant
Two points....

1. Her professing Christ had NO effect on any other lives! In her case I am in awe of her bravery and I can only pray I would be so brave.

2. Had she not been so brave (out of fear or confusion) God would not have held that against her! God knew her heart and would have known she was being coerced.

I would have thought she did reach alot of people by her death. Look at the books printed about her.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by NSMinistries

I would have thought she did reach alot of people by her death. Look at the books printed about her.
She DID reach allot of people that's why I said I was in in AWE of her bravery.

But her professing Christ didn't cause the death of OTHER's which is what is up for debate.

NSMinistries

Resident Servant
She DID reach allot of people that's why I said I was in in AWE of her bravery.

But her professing Christ didn't cause the death of OTHER's which is what is up for debate.

Gotcha... At work scanning not reading...:doh: :thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by NSMinistries

Gotcha... At work scanning not reading...:doh: :thumb:
No problem, in fact I should have worded that one post differently because it did make it sound like I was saying something else.

Sorry!