ECT Are we missing anything in our proclamation of the gospel?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What do you believe is often left out of the message in the proclamation of the gospel? Anything?

Have you heard someone present the gospel and you know something that was missed? What was it that was missed?

Daniel1611

Eternal security of the believer. Although if one understands that it's by faith and not works, they should understand that you can't miss it. But it should be stressed just to make sure.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Eternal security of the believer. Although if one understands that it's by faith and not works, they should understand that you can't miss it. But it should be stressed just to make sure.
How do you know when someone is saved? Would you preach eternal security to someone who is not?

Just a couple of questions.

Daniel1611

How do you know when someone is saved? Would you preach eternal security to someone who is not?

Just a couple of questions.

I preach it to anyone I'm trying to get saved. Why wouldn't I preach the who gospel? If its by faith alone, you obviously can't lose it or that would bring works I to play. But I make eternal security its own point just to be sure. Its important because often times if you think you can lose salvation then you aren't trusting Jesus alone.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I preach it to anyone I'm trying to get saved. Why wouldn't I preach the who gospel? If its by faith alone, you obviously can't lose it or that would bring works I to play. But I make eternal security its own point just to be sure. Its important because often times if you think you can lose salvation then you aren't trusting Jesus alone.
It makes sense to let a person know that they can be sure of their salvation, whether they are right now or not.

But this might be assurance of salvation. Is there a difference between this and eternal security? If we know (preacher and hearer) a person can be eternally secure (in regard to their salvation), then assurance of salvation makes sense. That is, in this case we would know what we are being assured of.

Daniel1611

It makes sense to let a person know that they can be sure of their salvation, whether they are right now or not.

But this might be assurance of salvation. Is there a difference between this and eternal security? If we know (preacher and hearer) a person can be eternally secure (in regard to their salvation), then assurance of salvation makes sense. That is, in this case we would know what we are being assured of.

What I'm saying is that I tell the biblical fact that when someone believes on Christ in their heart they cannot do anything to lose their salvation. I embrace the term once saved always saved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What I'm saying is that I tell the biblical fact that when someone believes on Christ in their heart they cannot do anything to lose their salvation. I embrace the term once saved always saved.
So we have eternal security, once saved always saved, and assurance of salvation, in no particular order. These have been variously used throughout time, so we need to know what the doctrine is and how or if to explain it. You would not want to tell an unbeliever they are eternally secure. That is not what you said you would do either though. However, you may tell someone they can be eternally secure if they trust in Christ, though that was maybe not the original use of the doctrine.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What do you mean by saved? Saved from what? Death?

When was Jesus saved from death?
Death is the consequence for sin. Can we say a person when they are saved they are saved from the penalty, power, and presence (eventually, probably not right away as I understand it) of sin?

Romans 6:23.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If a person can know, that is, if it is possible for a person to know they have eternal life, as we see in 1 John, I believe we can know that person is saved.

If a person is born again, they are saved and they can know they have eternal life.

If we look at all the verses in the Bible on the subject of salvation I believe we can show the word saved in reference to people who are still alive.

Daniel1611

If a person can know, that is, if it is possible for a person to know they have eternal life, as we see in 1 John, I believe we can know that person is saved.

If a person is born again, they are saved and they can know they have eternal life.

If we look at all the verses in the Bible on the subject of salvation I believe we can show the word saved in reference to people who are still alive.

Jesus said that if we believe in him the we have eternal life. Present tense. I already have eternal life and I cannot lose it. If I sin then God will chastise me as a child. He will make sure I get punished on earth. But I won't go to hell because I'm saved. I can't lose it because I didn't earn it. Jesus paid it all. All to him I owe. Praise God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said that if we believe in him the we have eternal life. Present tense. I already have eternal life and I cannot lose it. If I sin then God will chastise me as a child. He will make sure I get punished on earth. But I won't go to hell because I'm saved. I can't lose it because I didn't earn it. Jesus paid it all. All to him I owe. Praise God.
If you have the Spirit of God you belong to God.

Romans 8:9. Colossians 1:13.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Death is the consequence for sin. Can we say a person when they are saved they are saved from the penalty, power, and presence (eventually, probably not right away as I understand it) of sin?

When a person is saved they are immortal and sin is not a consideration.

BTW, I might mention here that only God is immortal, immortality meaning life inherent.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When a person is saved they are immortal and sin is not a consideration.

BTW, I might mention here that only God is immortal, immortality meaning life inherent.
Would you say that you can be saved in that you have been promised immortality?

We all die, but it is possible to be saved before you die. In fact, it is the only way (to be saved). If you are not saved (born again) before you die, justified by Christ by faith, then you are not saved in your death and judgment by God.