ECT Are we missing anything in our proclamation of the gospel?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Exactly, this means a person cannot be judged until after they die.
What you are saying is different in context from this:

1 Corinthians 11:31 KJV - 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
What is the penalty for sin? Death? Yes, death is the penalty.
Not only according to the Law, but this is the consequence for sin before the Law since Adam and Eve. When you say penalty are you saying a judgment for sin on this earth and how does forgiveness of sins figure into that idea or statement?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The penalty for sin is death. We must die to sin.
The wages or penalty for/of sin is death, yes. Romans 6:23.

If you have died to sin, you are no longer a slave to it. But beware if you say to justify yourself that you only sin every once in a while, or your sins are not that big.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Death, hell, and the lake of fire are all real as realities. They exist, and are spoken of in the Bible.

So? Are you dead, are you in hell, are you in a lake of fire?

Or are you just talking in the abstract about things that may or may not apply to you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So? Are you dead, are you in hell, are you in a lake of fire?

Or are you just talking in the abstract about things that may or may not apply to you?
They are important because the Bible speaks about or of them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm speaking of God's covenant with Israel.

Did I lose you?
The old covenant or the new covenant? I was speaking of the old. But you may not have been speaking of the covenant God made with the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses. Sin existed before the old covenant, as did other covenants or another covenant.

Romans 5:13 KJV - 13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The old covenant or the new covenant? I was speaking of the old. But you may not have been speaking of the covenant God made with the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses.

It's the same covenant. For the OT, the covenant was written by God on two tablets of stone and the tablets were placed in an ark. The ark is no longer needed because now the covenant is imbedded in our mind and is a part of who we are.

The Book of the Law was placed beside the ark and is not for us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's the same covenant. For the OT, the covenant was written by God on two tablets of stone and the tablets were placed in an ark. The ark is no longer needed because now the covenant is imbedded in our mind and is a part of who we are.

The Book of the Law was placed beside the ark and is not for us.
I myself am circumcised.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Don't blame me, I didn't do it and I wouldn't do it to you or anyone else.
I have no need to blame you.

You are talking about Israel but you do not claim Israel for yourself.

We can talk about God's covenants in the scriptures, the Bible. The old covenant and the new covenant are well known covenants of scripture.

Cross Reference

What do you believe is often left out of the message in the proclamation of the gospel? Anything?

Have you heard someone present the gospel and you know something that was missed? What was it that was missed?

The why of salvation that goes far beyond it being man-centered.