Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Hall of Fame
How do I report ghost for posting offensive statements in a neg-rep?

I called you a "self-righteous pervert", because you are a self-righteous pervert.

Ironically, you called me a "self-righteous hypocrite" in your neg-rep.

What a tool! :rotfl:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Unfortunately, it appears that moderation is a thing of the past for many forums.
Um... TOL is one of the most moderated forum's on the internet.

I have news for you.... we can't monitor the forum in real-time, sometimes it takes awhile to determine what action if any we should take. Furthermore, not every single thing that is reported will result in an infraction. There needs to be some degree of banter here on the forum.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I called you a "self-righteous pervert", because you are a self-righteous pervert.

Ironically, you called me a "self-righteous hypocrite" in your neg-rep.

What a tool! :rotfl:
We have covered this several times in the past, the word "pervert" has a sexual connotation to it. Right or wrong, that's what people think when you use that word. I would try using a word that doesn't have that sexual stigma attached to it such as: heretic, fool, etc.

JonahofAkron

Um... TOL is one of the most moderated forum's on the internet.

I have news for you.... we can't monitor the forum in real-time, sometimes it takes awhile to determine what action if any we should take. Furthermore, not every single thing that is reported will result in an infraction. There needs to be some degree of banter here on the forum.

I stand corrected. Thank you, Knight. My apologies.

ghost

Hall of Fame
We have covered this several times in the past, the word "pervert" has a sexual connotation to it. Right or wrong, that's what people think when you use that word. I would try using a word that doesn't have that sexual stigma attached to it such as: heretic, fool, etc.
Okay, I'll use another word, but I don't think they are going to be quite as offended as they should be.

genuineoriginal

Okay, I'll use another word, but I don't think they are going to be quite as offended as they should be.

It would be better to make sure people are offended for the reasons you want them to be offended for than to be offended for reasons that are not related to the point you are trying to make.
:wave2:

ghost

Hall of Fame
It would be better to make sure people are offended for the reasons you want them to be offended for than to be offended for reasons that are not related to the point you are trying to make.
I want you to be offended for the same reasons Jesus and Paul offended others, because they, like you, are full of self-righteousness. They, like you, are children of the devil, vipers, white-washed tombs, a son of hell, hypocrites, serpents, evil "workers", dogs, enemies of the cross, false teachers, wolves, etc.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

I want you to be offended for the same reasons Jesus and Paul did, because they, like you, are full of self-righteousness. They, like you, are children of the devil, vipers, white-washed tombs, a son of hell, hypocrites, serpents, evil "workers", dogs, enemies of the cross, false teachers, wolves, etc.

:shocked:
Why do you believe Jesus and Paul are children of the devil, etc.?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:wave2:
That is exactly my point. :up: The word "pervert" only causes unnecessary confusion and disruption.

ghost

Hall of Fame
He called them that to offend them. But that term doesn't have a sexual connotation. Offending is OK, it's offending for the wrong reason that doesn't help the cause.
I understand, but how many words do people get to kidnap from us? The way I use the word is the way the dictionary defines it. They've already stolen words like "love" and "gay", what's next?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I understand, but how many words do people get to kidnap from us? The way I use the word is the way the dictionary defines it. They've already stolen words like "love" and "gay", what's next?

They'll steal the word "steal", of course. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe, maybe not. They might just be mislead.

Mislead? Don't you think they know exacty what is going on? Don't you think they are acting in deception to say they are Christian to get allies from the gullible?

Lucifer and his followers (enemies of Christ) is cunning and subtil, not overt and stupid.

Offending is OK, it's offending for the wrong reason that doesn't help the cause.

What would be the wrong reason?

Letsargue

Mislead? Don't you think they know exacty what is going on? Don't you think they are acting in deception to say they are Christian to get allies from the gullible?

Lucifer and his followers (enemies of Christ) is cunning and subtil, not overt and stupid.

What would be the wrong reason?

John 15:19 KJV -

Paul -- 102511

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I only call someone a pervert if they actually are one. I use other terms for evolutionists and atheists.

Status
Not open for further replies.