Atheists believe....?

alwight

You don't know if shared experiences in Christ actually are transcendental spiritual true experiences or not. You can say they are false, but that does not make them false.
By the same token all other religious beliefs are not false either

Your point that people usually believe in what ever supernatural belief they were raised in, gives Christ more credence. Why would the Jewish disciples of Christ turn to him, and testify to His death and resurrection into their own death of they really did not see Him raised from the dead? The only logical answer is they witnessed it all.

Why would a pagan Western world turn away from thier pagan false gods?
Claiming your own doctrine somehow proves itself is circular while it is also largely unverifiable. The Romans spread Christianity.

Jamie Gigliotti

I don't understand why atheists and theists continue on in this endless debate. Clearly, neither side is going to change their mind, and just as clearly, their definition of "evidence" oppose so thoroughly that neither can accept the other's as valid.

So what is it that you all are hoping to achieve from this debate? Are you trying to convince yourselves by arguing with the other? Are you just wallowing in your own self-righteousness for the ego-boost? I don't understand.

When I see these conversations (as they occur often on TOL) I can't help but see the flaws and commonalities on both sides. Yet the participants never seem to care about these. They only care about how wrong the opposing argument is.

These threads go on forever, so I have to assume that you all are getting something you want from the debate.

But what?

Why do I post on here at all? Because I love Jesus, and I love people. God tells us to demolish strongholds,that set themselves up against Christ. To tell others what He has done for us, and that when I love anyone, I'm loving Him. I understand the doubts alwight and Hedshaker have, I've had the same in the past. I do desire for everyone to become free from life without His love, but I can only do so much, and the reality it is between them and Him.
Beyond that what is said effects others good and bad, God does place responsibility on us to defend His love and truth.

Jamie Gigliotti

By the same token all other religious beliefs are not false either

Claiming your own doctrine somehow proves itself is circular while it is also largely unverifiable. The Romans spread Christianity.

They are all false. His love and life and word is His truth, His doctrine that I proclaim. I thankfully experience Him and it.

Tyrathca

They are all false. His love and life and word is His truth, His doctrine that I proclaim. I thankfully experience Him and it.
To co-opt an argument by someone you may know...

You don't know if shared experiences in Allah actually are transcendental spiritual true experiences or not. You can say they are false, but that does not make them false.

Jamie Gigliotti

To co-opt an argument by someone you may know...

You don't know if shared experiences in Allah actually are transcendental spiritual true experiences or not. You can say they are false, but that does not make them false.
Ha, ha, nice move.
Having transcedental spiritual experience may be real, and also from spiritual dark forces opposed to God and His goodness and love.

Tyrathca

Ha, ha, nice move.
Having transcedental spiritual experience may be real, and also from spiritual dark forces opposed to God and His goodness and love.
Having transcedental spiritual experience may be real, and also from spiritual dark forces opposed to Allah and His goodness and love.

There is basically no argument that you can make that can't be used to argue another religion is true and yours is false. What does that help you?