Babylonians do math, surprise evolutionists:

chair

It remains a fact that the OP is nonsense. Neither you nor Stripe have come up with any evidence of what it claims.

If this forum wasn't virtual, I'd be able to fertilize my roses with what you and Stripe have posted. How do you look in a mirror?

6days

If this forum wasn't virtual, I'd be able to fertilize my roses with what you and Stripe have posted.
haha..... You are a good guy 'chair'. Thanks for that.
How do you look in a mirror?
Well..... I brace myself first getting a firm grip on a chair or something. Then I slowly open one eye at a time. How do you do it?

Chair... now seriously.... It truly seems you dodge every single post of mine. My comments from the beginning, basically are that science helps prove the intelligence of ancient man. We expect that early man was extremely intelligent under the Biblical creation model. Evolutionists have not always embraced the fact that early man was intelligent. And evolutionists used to believe darker skinned people and women were mentally inferior to white skin males. Thank goodness for science which shows we are all 'one blood'.
Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

chair

...evolutionists used to believe darker skinned people and women were mentally inferior to white skin males...

An awful lot of people were racists in the past. Many still are. In any case- what "evolutionists" used to believe has nothing to do with the OP, which remains unsupported. Why is it so difficult to find a couple of quotes showing that the OP is correct? You keep going back to what people thought a century ago.

6days

An awful lot of people were racists in the past.
That is the standard response of evolutionists trying to justify Darwinian racism. (And inferior intellect of other humans)
As Stephen J. Gould said, "Biological arguments for racism may have been common before 1850, but they increased by orders of magnitude following the acceptance of evolutionary theory."
In any case- what "evolutionists" used to believe has nothing to do with the OP, which remains unsupported. Why is it so difficult to find a couple of quotes showing that the OP is correct? You keep going back to what people thought a century ago.
What evolutionists used to believe has everything to do with my posts saying that science has moved evolutionists closer to what the Bible says. Evidence shows early humans were intelligent...perhaps more intelligent than 'modern' humans.

Jose Fly

My comments from the beginning, basically are that science helps prove the intelligence of ancient man. We expect that early man was extremely intelligent under the Biblical creation model. Evolutionists have not always embraced the fact that early man was intelligent.

Given that plus the OP, which claims that "evolutionists" were surprised that Babylonians were able to do advanced math, explain how it is a straw man for me to ask you to provide a quote or citation from any "evolutionist" where they posit that Babylonians were less intelligent?

Or was you crying "straw man" just a lame and convenient dodge? :think:

6days

JoseFly said:
6days said:
My comments from the beginning, basically are that science helps prove the intelligence of ancient man. We expect that early man was extremely intelligent under the Biblical creation model. Evolutionists have not always embraced the fact that early man was intelligent.
...explain how it is a straw man for me to ask you to provide a quote or citation from any "evolutionist" where they posit that Babylonians were less intelligent?

Or was you crying "straw man" just a lame and convenient dodge?*
Jose.... this should be simple for you. If I had said Babylonians were less intelligent, then ask for a citation. But, you are being silly asking for a citation to something I did not say.
Description of Straw Man
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person is unable to refute the actual argument and substitutes a misrepresented version of that position.*

Jose Fly

Jose.... this should be simple for you. If I had said Babylonians were less intelligent, then ask for a citation. But, you are being silly asking for a citation to something I did not say.

So to be clear, the OP in no way is about "evolutionists" positing that Babylonians were less intelligent?

chair

What evolutionists used to believe has everything to do with my posts saying that science has moved evolutionists closer to what the Bible says. Evidence shows early humans were intelligent...perhaps more intelligent than 'modern' humans.

I am very happy for you. I will say again: I am relating to the OP, not your attempts to derail this. The OP is false. No support has been shown for it.

chair

Here is OP.

Babylonians do math. True.

Researcher is surprised. True.

I guess the only straw chair can grasp is the vain hope that the scientist is not an evolutionist. :chuckle:
[/URL]

OK. So we can lay this to rest. You admit that your OP, and the title of this thread " Babylonians do math, surprise evolutionists:" is wrong.

Thank you.

chair

Here is OP.

Babylonians do math. True.

Researcher is surprised. True.

I guess the only straw chair can grasp is the vain hope that the scientist is not an evolutionist. :chuckle:
[/URL]

OK. So we can lay this to rest. You admit that your OP, and the title of this thread " Babylonians do math, surprise evolutionists:" is wrong.

Thank you.

Arthur Brain

:darwinsm:

Boy are you desperate.

:darwinsm:

:mock: Darwinists.

When cornered it's the usual Tripe tactic of feeble smileys and throwaway insult attempts. As it stands the OP is a load of bunk.

Or, you or 6days could provide credible links and source material as to what "evolutionists" are surprised exactly and in your case act like an adult instead of an embarrassment.

:up:

So, let's wait while that, well, doesn't happen...