Babylonians do math, surprise evolutionists:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When cornered it's the usual Tripe tactic of feeble smileys and throwaway insult attempts. As it stands the OP is a load of bunk. Or, you or 6days could provide credible links and source material as to what "evolutionists" are surprised exactly and in your case act like an adult instead of an embarrassment. :up: So, let's wait while that, well, doesn't happen...
Try OP, muppet. :thumb:
Oh my! I have been insulted in a highly creative manner by a man I despise! I think I will be become a Christian Fundamentalist to avoid this in the future!
:AMR:

You're weird.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Great! So next time we see Darwinists insisting that ancient people were less capable than we are today, we can count on you to back us up when we disagree, right?

Knee-jerk rhetoric.

No one is claiming that modern man is "more intelligent" than ancient man....rather that modern man has the advantage of thousands of years of study; a significant increase in the volume and understanding of relevant knowledge by way of time and technology.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knee-jerk rhetoric.
:AMR:

No one is claiming that modern man is more intelligent than ancient man.
We know. :duh:

Rather that modern man has the advantage of thousands of years of study; a significant increase in the volume and understanding of relevant knowledge by way of time and technology.
Some advantage. Most of you cannot even conduct a simple discussion without inventing nonsense and committing numerous logical fallacies.

Eh, if this was your thread you'd have probably closed it by now...:rolleyes:
:darwinsm:

He won't admit it but everyone can see it.
:rotfl:

:mock: Darwinists.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one is claiming that modern man is more intelligent than ancient man.

So it seems that everyone here agrees: Ancient man was at worst just as capable as modern man when it came to intellectual pursuits.

So the question is: Why would anyone be surprised that they could develop complex mathematical models?

6days

chair said:
I will say again: I am relating to the OP, not your attempts to derail this.
No... you issued a challenge to me. You asked me for evidence that evolutionists *portrayed ancient man as 'primitive thinkers'... and you asked that I show this in "historical times". *That challenge was answered.*

6days

So the question is: Why would anyone be surprised that they could develop complex mathematical models?
Good question!
Or, why should anyone be surprised ancient man was more intelligent than modern man? Even many evolutionists now admit that.
Not a surprise though... 'Chair' would not answer the question..."Do you agree that ancient man MAY have been more intelligent than modern man?"

Jose Fly

I'd like to see the creationist logic path that goes from "Historian surprised at ancient Babylonians' mathematics" and ends with "this is bad for evolution".

But I suspect no such path exists and this is just another idiotic and childish attempt to tar "evolutionists" without any actual thought behind it.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd like to see the creationist logic path that goes from "Historian surprised at ancient Babylonians' mathematics" and ends with "this is bad for evolution".
You should try reading. Nobody has claimed this is a case against evolution.

You morons just have a difficult time engaging rationally.

A question has been posed.

Why would anyone be surprised that ancient people developed complex mathematical models?

Do you have an answer?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Why would anyone be surprised that ancient people developed complex mathematical models?

Do you have an answer?

Surprise: "I don’t think anybody expected something like this would be discovered in a Babylonian text." :banana:

Simply because up until now they'd yet to discover evidence indicating such advanced concepts in ancient times. :idunno:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Simply because up until now they'd yet to discover evidence indicating such advanced concepts in ancient times. :idunno:

That doesn't mesh with the quote:

"I don't think anybody expected something like this" indicates that the surprise was not because it hadn't been found before.

Last edited: