Baton Rouge Unrest

Breathe

I just saw the entire video - the man was down on the ground, being restrained, and someone yelled, "He's got a gun". Shortly after, he was shot. I don't see how he could have pulled the gun on the police, lying on the ground, with a couple of cops on top of him. It's understandable how people could be upset.

But - it was just reported that the 2 policemen were wearing body cams, so the truth will come out, whatever it may be.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I just saw the entire video - the man was down on the ground, being restrained, and someone yelled, "He's got a gun". Shortly after, he was shot. I don't see how he could have pulled the gun on the police, lying on the ground, with a couple of cops on top of him. It's understandable how people could be upset.

But - it was just reported that the 2 policemen were wearing body cams, so the truth will come out, whatever it may be.
Yes. more video and testimony will come out. Demonstrations are planned tonight

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I heard about the incident. It's a very terrible affair, over all.

I mean, all of those BLM protestors. They're going to be an eye sore.

Go find something better to do, BLM protestors. Maybe start by finding a black life taken by a policeman that actually mattered (I say this from the point of view of politics, not moral theology).

"Jesse Showed up" comes to mind. :nono:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
And Jesse Jackson actually did open his black mouth about it.

Seriously.

Back to Africa. Every single one of them.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just saw the entire video - the man was down on the ground, being restrained, and someone yelled, "He's got a gun". Shortly after, he was shot. I don't see how he could have pulled the gun on the police, lying on the ground, with a couple of cops on top of him. It's understandable how people could be upset...

Tell the 'upset people' that:

1). The deceased was resisting a lawful arrest.
2). The deceased was attempting to remove a gun from his pocket and use it on the officers.

Outside of liberal loony land, that means that the officers were justified in using deadly force against the deceased.

Let's wait and see if the deceased has a long criminal record; not that things like that matter to the author of this thread and his Black Lives Matter comrades.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And now, for the rest of the story (written from a anti-law enforcement/pro Black Lives Matter perspective) :

Alton Sterling Was No Angel, But He Still Didn’t Deserve To Die

July 6, 2016

Alton Sterling was shot to death outside a convenience store during a struggle with two Baton Rouge police officers early Tuesday morning. The officers responded to a call that claimed Mr. Sterling was brandishing a firearm, although no weapon was found until he was on the ground with two officers on top of him. In the video, you can hear the cops yelling that there was a gun in his pocket, but Alton Sterling did not have it in his hand when he was fatally shot multiple times in the chest.

According to commenters on local news station’s Facebook pages, Alton Sterling deserved to die for resisting arrest. Furthermore, his lengthy criminal record was also cited by armchair lawyers as a reason police were justified in killing him.

It is true that the deceased had a criminal record, and it was not a short rap sheet. According to USA Today, Mr. Sterling was a registered sex offender with convictions for assault and other offenses. Yet, he had served his time for these transgressions and did not have any known active warrants at the time he died...
http://modernliberals.com/alton-sterling-did-not-deserve-to-die/

So the police officers responded to a call that the deceased, Alton Sterling, was "brandishing a gun" :

brandish:
1.wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.

On a side note: being a sex offender, he would make a good Presidential candidate (I wonder if the victims were 13 years old like Donald Trump's alleged victim was?).

eider

And Jesse Jackson actually did open his black mouth about it.

Seriously.

Back to Africa. Every single one of them.

Are you an Indian? If you are, which tribe, please?
I'm interested because you are Catholic, and I wonder whether your tribe were converted by early missionaries.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Are you an Indian? If you are, which tribe, please?
I'm interested because you are Catholic, and I wonder whether your tribe were converted by early missionaries.

I don't live in the united tribal congregations of the Iriquois. I live in the United States of America.

And if those rabble rousers don't like it here, then they need to leave. ;)

eider

I don't live in the united tribal congregations of the Iriquois. I live in the United States of America.

And if those rabble rousers don't like it here, then they need to leave. ;)

Uh huh....... another immigrant?
Where did your lot come from originally?
Can we expect to hear that you went back to where they came from?

We do have colour prejudiced racist bigots here, and when they gob off about blacks going home we tell them to go to Trafalgar Square, London, and to inspect the cast mutals at the base of Nelson's column. What they would see if they got off their backsides and actually went there, would be black crews working the great guns in the thick of the battle of Trafalgar, 1805.

I don't know about you, but many bigoted racists entered the USA via Ellis Island,long long after Carribeans and Africans had been living in the USA for centuries.

In my opinion it is impossible for true Christians to be racist. Jesus was a middle eastern Galilean Aramaic speaking peasant of the 2nd order (hand-workers, nagara, or Greek Tekton). You might need to radically adjust your p[rejudice levels. :)