Baton Rouge Unrest

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Our conservative friends assure us that without the 2nd Amendment, America would become a "police-state" - but these same individuals then label those who would question the actions of the police as "cop haters!"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
5 shots at point-blank range with 2 officers already on top is problematic at best, especially if there was no gun involved.

did you actually watch the video?

the cop on the right had control of alton's left arm

the cop on the left was struggling for control of alton's right arm

all of this could have been avoided if alton wasn't struggling :idunno:

takeaway lesson here?

don't struggle with the cops when you're being arrested

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
if black lives really mattered, this is what bammy and all the other race-baiters would be stressing

They are pawns...collateral damage in his quest to disorganize America on racial, ideological, & cultural grounds. This is what the man is trained for...community disorganization, division, and racial unrest, he is quite good at it as we have seen.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

takeaway lesson here?

Just how could Sterling go for the weapon in question if he had a police officer on each arm?"

It should be noted that the authorities have yet to produce the alleged weapon that has been used to justify shooting him at point-blank range 5X - perhaps they're still looking for it!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
When one is so intellectually-challenged that they are unable to debate the merits of the case, they are forced to resort to personal insults in an attempt to compensate.

How many lies have you told about this case alone?

1). The deceased was fact down...LIE
2). A gun was not recovered...LIE

I discussed why your kind hate police officers like they do in another thread jgarden; would you care to be honest for once in your life and tell the good people of TOL why?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
How many lies have you told about this case alone?

1). The deceased was fact down...LIE
2). A gun was not recovered...LIE

I discussed why your kind hate police officers like they do in another thread jgarden; would you care to be honest for once in your life and tell the good people of TOL why?
KING: We’ll all remember where we were when we saw Alton Sterling killed in a brutal act of police violence

... Police are saying they recovered a gun from his pocket, but the owner of the convenience store has already said openly that he witnessed the entire ordeal and Sterling never had the gun in his hands, nor was his hand in his pocket at any point before police shot and killed him. It's funny how that works.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lice-killing-alton-sterling-article-1.2700578

1. New Video Shows Alton Sterling Wasn't Holding A Gun When He ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../alton-sterling-video_us_ 577d668ae4b0c590f7e7d2a7
3 days ago ... A cell phone video that emerged Wednesday shows that Alton Sterling apparently was not holding a gun when police officers fatally shot him in ...

2. Video: Sterling Not Holding Gun During Shooting -- NYMag
nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/.../alton-sterling-second-video.html
2 days ago ... In video of the shooting of Alton Sterling early on Tuesday morning, Baton Rouge police are heard shouting "he's got a gun" before firing the ..

3. New Video Shows Alton Sterling Did Not Have Gun in Hand
sandrarose.com/.../new-video-shows-alton-sterling-did-not-have-gun-in-hand /
3 days ago ... New video has emerged of the deadly confrontation between Alton Sterling and 2 Louisiana police officers in Baton Rouge, LA. The new video ...

Now its "aCultureWarrior" turn to produce documented evidence that Sterling had a gun in his hand at the time he was shot!
To my knowledge, the authorities have yet to confirm or produce the gun that Sterling is alleged to have had in his pocket.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
New Video Shows Alton Sterling Wasn't Holding A Gun When He ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../alton-sterling-video_us_ 577d668ae4b0c590f7e7d2a7
3 days ago ... A cell phone video that emerged Wednesday shows that Alton Sterling apparently was not holding a gun when police officers fatally shot him in ...

Video: Sterling Not Holding Gun During Shooting -- NYMag
nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/.../alton-sterling-second-video.html
2 days ago ... In video of the shooting of Alton Sterling early on Tuesday morning, Baton Rouge police are heard shouting "he's got a gun" before firing the ..

And? Were the officers not allowed to use deadly force until convicted sex offender and violent thug Alton Sterling physically had the gun that he was attempting to take out of his pocket in his hand and was pointing it at them?

You didn't answer my earlier question:

Why the HATRED of law enforcement jgarden?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
And? Were the officers not allowed to use deadly force until convicted sex offender and violent thug Alton Sterling physically had the gun that he was attempting to take out of his pocket in his hand and was pointing it at them?

You didn't answer my earlier question:

Why the HATRED of law enforcement jgarden?
What Sterling may or may may have done prior to the arrival of the police is not the issue.

Whether Sterling was a convicted sex offender or a thug, as "aCultureWarrior" is so eagar to characterize him, is also immaterial because the officers would not have been aware of his record when they arrived.

If the police would have been justified in summarily executing Sterling on the spot, based on the complaint alone, why did the two officers attempt to restrain him?

There is no evidence that he was brandishing a gun when the police arrived or that he threatened them with one - the mere act of having a gun in one's pocket doesn't constitute a crime in a country where civilians have the constitutional right to bear arms.

Neither the videos nor the civilian witnesses, including the store owner, provide any indication that Sterling was trying to put his hands in his pockets in a threatening manner, while being restrained by 2 officers.

The fact that the authorities have remained silent about any gun that Sterling may have had on his person becomes more and more ominous as time goes by. If he had had a loaded gun in his pocket, one would have expected the authorities to have released that information at least as quickly as they were willing to release information about Sterling's past criminal record.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
What Sterling may or may may have done prior to the arrival of the police is not the issue.

Remember from an earlier post that Dallas police officers "responded to a call that claimed Mr. Sterling was brandishing a firearm". They had reason to believe that he was armed.

Whether Sterling was a convicted sex offender or a thug, as "aCultureWarrior" is so eagar to characterize him, is also immaterial because the officers would not have been aware of his record when they arrived.

The officers responding only had information that Sterling was brandishing a firearm. His long criminal record (including attempting to pull a gun on a police officer on a prior occasion: "The report says a gun fell from Sterling’s waistband while the officer was “wrestling” with him on the ground. Other officers arrived and helped arrest him...") was made pubic after the incident occurred, showing those with an ounce of common sense what kind of thug Alton Sterling was.

If the police would have been justified in summarily executing Sterling on the spot, based on the complaint alone, why did the two officers attempt to restrain him?

Responding officers wouldn't have been justified shooting Alton Sterling on the spot based on the complaint alone, they were however justified in using deadly force when Alton Sterling was resisting arrest and attempting to remove a handgun out of his pant pocket.

There is no evidence that he was brandishing a gun when the police arrived or that he threatened them with one...

Again, Dallas police were responding to a call stating that a large black male later identified as Alton Sterling was brandishing a firearm. When they attempted to question Sterling a struggle ensued.

- the mere act of having a gun in one's pocket doesn't constitute a crime in a country where civilians have the constitutional right to bear arms.

I believe that Alton Sterling was a convicted felon, therefore he couldn't legally own a firearm. That being said: resisting arrest and attempting to pull a gun out of his pocket "constitutes a crime" (one that allows police officers to use deadly force).

Neither the videos nor the civilian witnesses, including the store owner, provide any indication that Sterling was trying to put his hands in his pockets in a threatening manner, while being restrained by 2 officers.

The video showed a combative Alton Sterling's right shoulder moving, indicating as the officers stated, that he was attempting to remove a firearm from his pant pocket.

The fact that the authorities have remained silent about any gun that Sterling may have had on his person becomes more and more ominous as time goes by. If he had had a loaded gun in his pocket, one would have expected the authorities to have released that information at least as quickly as they were willing to release information about Sterling's past criminal record.

The video shows a gun being removed from Alton Sterling's pant pocket and a civilian eye witness confirmed that. Whether the gun was "loaded" (and it most likely was) is irrelevant, as officers wouldn't know if they were looking down the barrel of a unloaded gun had the convicted sex offender and violent thug been successful in getting the firearm out of his pant pocket.

One more time: Why the HATRED of law enforcement jgarden?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
These officers have been accused of using excessive force 4 times - all involving black males.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Up...cers-cleared-in-prior-use-of-force-complaints

Lake was involved in a police shooting in December 2014 when a black man refused to drop his gun, threatened to kill himself and pointed his revolver at officers. The man was wounded by police.

He also injured a combative black juvenile when they went to the ground during a struggle on April 19, 2014, according to documents. The juvenile cut his chin.

Salamoni's complaints involved punching a black man on Aug. 5, 2015, when he tried to grab the officer's stun gun and a vehicle pursuit on June 17, 2015, in which a black man was injured when he crashed into a retaining wall.

Separately, Salamoni was issued a letter of caution for his involvement in a "preventable crash" on June 13, 2012.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

takeaway lesson here?

That's how I'm leaning at the moment.

Was Sterling reaching for his gun? We will never know for sure. Were the cops justified in killing him? We will never know for sure. But you can't resist cops. It just won't work out well for you.

I think the Castile case may prove to be stronger for the Black Lives Matter crowd. It would be helpful to have video of what happened prior to when his girlfriend starting recording. There are already holes in her side of the story.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Our conservative friends assure us that without the 2nd Amendment, America would become a "police-state" - but these same individuals then label those who would question the actions of the police as "cop haters!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...over-philando-castile/?utm_term=.33a9796276c8

It seems the Castile case is presenting a tricky situation for the NRA.

The NRA is facing internal division as its members argue that the group did not do enough to defend gun owners’ rights by speaking out on behalf of Philando Castile of Falcon Heights, Minn., who was shot to death during a traffic stop.

Castile had a valid permit to carry a gun. He also reportedly informed the officer who shot him that he was armed in an attempt to head off a misunderstanding.

The delay in addressing Castile’s death, compared with the promptness of the NRA statement after the Dallas shooting, has sparked complaints of a double standard in how the organization defends gun owners.

“Your lack of message concerning the Castile case disappoints me and makes me question my membership,” Marco Gallologic wrote on the NRA’s Facebook page. “…What do I pay fees for if you do not represent gun owners and our rights?”

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm not completely familiar with the MN incident

Castile's side of the story is that he explained to the cop that he had a gun and a permit to carry. That he was reaching for his ID when the cop shot him.

The cop's side of the story is that Castile was reaching for the gun. The video the girlfriend recorded catches the cop saying. "I told him not to reach for it", or something to that effect.

According to Castile's girlfriend they were pulled over for only a busted tail light but I saw something else that said they were pulled over because they matched a description of some armed robbery suspects. If that was the case then I can understand the cop being a bit more concerned about what Castile was doing.

I'm sure you can find more but that's a brief description.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Castile's side of the story is that he explained to the cop that he had a gun and a permit to carry. That he was reaching for his ID when the cop shot him.

The cop's side of the story is that Castile was reaching for the gun. The video the girlfriend recorded catches the cop saying. "I told him not to reach for it", or something to that effect.

According to Castile's girlfriend they were pulled over for only a busted tail light but I saw something else that said they were pulled over because they matched a description of some armed robbery suspects. If that was the case then I can understand the cop being a bit more concerned about what Castile was doing.

I'm sure you can find more but that's a brief description.

This is the best detailed article that I've found thus far on the Philando Castile shooting.

I wonder why the lamestream media doesn't share this information with the public? (not that it would matter to cop-haters like patrick jane).

July 10, 2016

Falcon Heights Philando Castile Shooting Update – Radio Dispatch, Dash Cams…
https://theconservativetreehouse.co...shooting-update-radio-dispatch-and-dash-cams/

It looks like ole Philando wasn't the angel that the lamestream media (and it's liberal allies) makes him out to be