Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And what of the “malcontent conservatives” of the Tea Party and the House’s “Freedom Caucus”?

Americans have a strong stripe of anti-corporatism in our DNA. In 1773, the American colonists successfully pulled off a nonviolent demonstration against the East India Tea Company, which was the closest thing to a global corporation in its day.

Occupy WallStreet and the conservatives are making common cause today, if you haven’t noticed:

http://www.amazon.com/Unstoppable-E...42484&sr=1-1&keywords=ralph+nader+unstoppable

Poor guy, he actually thinks that the Founding Fathers had an issue with a Tea Company and not the nation that they left (which taxed them without representation).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
You and Ben Carson have some things in common: You both defend a sexual perversion that God abhors.

Whether God abhors anything or not, it always has to come down to an interpretation of God and not any free-form perfect knowledge of us finite humans.

I don't know if Ben Carson gets his ideas on human sexuality from the Queen James Bible like you do, but you're both very confused when it comes to God's plan for human sexuality (He talked about it in Genesis).

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If there's one thing I cannot abide it's a nitwit who continually insists other people act like an adult. That is the tactic of an eighteen year old who suddenly finds himself of age. :carryon:
Calling someone a "nitwit" is not the mark of an adult.

Adults state their feelings clearly and negotiate problem-solving when a conflict occurs.

As far as feeling eighteen at times, I plead guilty. Whenever I set off fireworks on the 4th, I feel about 11 or 12.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
You and Ben Carson have some things in common: You both defend a sexual perversion that God abhors.

I don't know if Ben Carson gets his ideas on human sexuality from the Queen James Bible like you do, but you're both very confused when it comes to God's plan for human sexuality (He talked about it in Genesis).
"...Like I do"?

REALLY?

You might have taken on the armor of adulthood and asked me directly. It will keep you from guessing and assuming.

These days I get a lot of comfort and learning from "the Cotton Patch Bible."
Perhaps you should take your judgments of me from that.

God's "plan for human sexuality" is simple evolution: cultural as well as biological. And believe me, we are all engaged in carrying it out.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Poor guy, he actually thinks that the Founding Fathers had an issue with a Tea Company and not the nation that they left (which taxed them without representation).
No poverty ("poor guy") here! I am blessed without measure.

A careful study of the American revolution (not the liberal educational system's version) will tell you that the small businessmen of the colonies were being priced out of the market by the East India Tea Company. Drinking tea was the social Starbucks of the day and the colonists found that they were prevented from making an honest living in their tea shops.

That fact, plus the fact of arbitrary taxes on imports.

glorydaz

Calling someone a "nitwit" is not the mark of an adult.

Adults state their feelings clearly and negotiate problem-solving when a conflict occurs.

As far as feeling eighteen at times, I plead guilty. Whenever I set off fireworks on the 4th, I feel about 11 or 12.

It's a sign of an idiot to make a statement like that. :thumb:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I differ with your personal interpretation, again because it is immature name-calling.

I am curious as to what sort of family you grew up in.

I hope if you have children you do not teach them such ignorant tactics. Or at least try to model the values and the behavior you want to pass along to the new generation.

glorydaz

I differ with your personal interpretation, again because it is immature name-calling.

I am curious as to what sort of family you grew up in.

I hope if you have children you do not teach them such ignorant tactics. Or at least try to model the values and the behavior you want to pass along to the new generation.

I know, little fella. You don't seem to understand that adults speak in a large variety of ways, with many words...depending on who they are addressing. When I'm addressing a know-it-all fool, I call him a nitwit so I don't add anything to his delusions of grandeur.

I'm not curious as to your family....you already told me your folks named you James and programmed you to be of the male persuasion. It seems to have made quite an impact on you. I was raised by normal people the normal old fashioned way, and my kids all turned out great. :thumb:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I know, little fella.
Patronizing. Another quality functional adults do not engage in.

You don't seem to understand that adults speak in a large variety of ways, with many words...depending on who they are addressing. When I'm addressing a know-it-all fool, I call him a nitwit so I don't add anything to his delusions of grandeur.

I "don't seem to understand"? Really? How do you know this? You are making an assumption again.

In fact, my communication bedrock is "The meaning of my message is the response I get. And if I don't get the response I hope for, I need to change what I am doing--not blame the other person for "not getting it."

Parents should raise up their children to criticize others with respect and without calling them names. Just because a person has never learned how, does not mean it is hard to start doing it.

I'm not curious as to your family....you already told me your folks named you James and programmed you to be of the male persuasion. It seems to have made quite an impact on you. I was raised by normal people the normal old fashioned way, and my kids all turned out great. :thumb:[/QUOTE]Funny. I don't remember saying I was "programmed" at all. This says more about you than it does me. Anyone who was "programmed" was never treated like the human being they were.

Do your children call others names?
Are they cruel and childish?
Did you believe in hitting them?
Are you respectful of their childhood dreams and did you treat them with caring and fairness?
How do they problem-solve interpersonal conflict?

We all tend to treat others the ways we ourselves have been treated. I only hope they won't be passing along your own dysfunction to their own children.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Gloyrdaz, I do not like bullies. I will stand up for myself every step of the way. I don't think you are really used to this behavior in response to your childish actions.

glorydaz

Gloyrdaz, I do not like bullies. I will stand up for myself every step of the way. I don't think you are really used to this behavior in response to your childish actions.

Once again you're trying to think. You should give it up since you continue to miss the mark. Everything ends up with you being special for one reason or another. :chuckle:

brewmama

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I don't care what the current polls say, this is how defining deviance down works. The great majority of states that had a vote on gay marriage voted against it. When Roe vs Wade happened the great majority of the country was against abortion. Deviance is becoming more normal.

Popular support for same-sex marriage went over 50% in opinion polls back in 2011:

ycf4akubeuwcyhgyxljyig.png

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Tell us how you can be a follower of Christ and still vote for people who are baby murderers, sodomites and thieves GFR7.

I won't, I'm basically saying I don't want Ben unless maybe vice, if that. I don't like the man personally, I don't even like his voice; he's a wimp.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Once again you're trying to think. You should give it up since you continue to miss the mark. Everything ends up with you being special for one reason or another. :chuckle:
I am a child of God. And I love myself.

I am certainly different from you. But not, as you say "special."

I wonder why fundamentalists and conservative ideologues always cast relationships with progressive or liberal folks as "Us conservatives are victims" and "Those other people are elitists who think they are special."

We are all special.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Wrong. Run along Jimmy and play with your friends.
Nice dodge but I see right through you.
Do you ever wonder why I am not the only one who recognizes what you are really up to on TOL?

It seems my old dog just continues to walk up and down, back and forth across your football field.
Doesn't it?

...back and forth, up and down...
...up and down, back and forth...