Brexit

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So the referendum has been called for June 23

My instincts are that as usual the British will do whatever the media tells them to do so it will prolly be 2 to 1 in favour of staying in. BUT

But you never do know, if per chance the vote was to leave it would mean the break up of the UK for sure.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

My instincts are that as usual the British will do whatever the media tells them to do so it will prolly be 2 to 1 in favour of staying in. BUT

But you never do know, if per chance the vote was to leave it would mean the break up of the UK for sure.

Who is possibly leaving the UK now ?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Do you want to leave the EU?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Why do you want to leave?

Because the whole project has always been a united state of Europe, They have flooded Britain with east Europeans and if we stay in they will flood us with Bulgarians and Turks.

It is Nazism on the creepy creep creep

SO undemocratic, so ARROGANT when Denmark and Ireland held a referendum on whether to join the Euro and voted against...they simply said hold another referendum.

That they just come along and take thousands of Euros out of people's saving accounts like they did in Greece....it is intolerable.

It was also Europe and American ngo's which started the shooting in Kiev

This Charming Manc

My head says stay, my heart wants a little bit of independence.

I think Europe will be multi tier in a few years anyway and that will suit us.

I cannot see 27 countries managing to implement ever closer union.

So what we will see are circles of integration with different countries sat at different stages, that will suit us.

leaving to my mind does not make economic or political sense.

Do you want to stay in or leave the EU?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes but I don't like the crowd of ultra conservatives who are running the leave campaign and who will take control if we did leave.

The people who will run the country after we leave would be the same ones who have always run it: the people you vote for. It's not a left-right issue, much as the labour party want to make it one.

if we leave the scots will leave the UK.

You don't know this. You have very little guarantee that the EU will accept the Scots. Last time around I seem to recall them saying that they would not accept Scotland. This was especially after England stated that they would not bail out the Scots from their debts. In other words, England would not let Scotland use our currency. So if the Scots created their own currency, they would be forced to bear their share of current debt of the UK government. It would make their own currency worth much less. That's the last thing they want to do. It will cost them a small fortune. They would all be about 30 - 40% poorer.

I would like to get the chance to vote in June. I will if I am still alive to do so. My view:

I would be happy being a full member of the EU, on all the same terms as the other members, including having the Euro as currency, even though it would mean a significant change of life-style and culture. I would be able to go to Europe and be proud of being a fully paid-up EU member. I would support the overall EU ethos of closer union and we would have a super-state that would rival America and Russia.

But it's not going to be like that, is it? Britain is too different to the rest of Europe; our economies have never been in synch. Our cultures are so very different and there is still a great sense of distrust of the Europeans by the British.
That's why I want and will vote to leave. Because in that case, I can still go to Europe and be proud to be British and everyone will respect me for that. It would be no different to when an American or Chinese person visits Europe. You respect them for who they are. And perhaps even more so for having finally done the decent thing and let the Europeans go their own way without all the time holding them up and throwing in barbs.

But in the present way of arrangements, all that is happening is that we are neither in nor out, we are the black sheep of the family. We get laughed at and treated with contempt. We always want special terms to apply to us, we always want to wear different clothes. I do not want this anymore. We are too different. We should just recognise that. It's got nothing to do with economics. Nor is it about party politics. It's about dignity.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
but but but

Justin trudeau said you shouldn't

isn't he just dreamy?

news-trudbrexit-190516_frame_33.jpg