bW's POTD 9/15/04 (Chileice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Knight

A "new way" of what????

You are going to have to post in a more specific fashion if you expect serious responses.

Jesus came teaching the same law that God gave to Abraham.

PureX says it real good.
do you understand his writing?
It's true that no matter how much peace we can find within ourselves, we can't make our external world reflect what we feel within. Yet, we can become the representatives of a way of living in the world and of responding to it that allows us to be at peace with it, and that others could learn from and emulate. If someday we were to all learn how to live in such peace with the world and with the people around us, the "kingdom" of God's love, forgiveness, and peace would become manifest as our living reality, just as Jesus promissed.

And what are the other options, anyway?

Do we establish peace within that tiny bit of the world that we occupy, and then use the force of violence against anyone who dares to upset this tiny peaceful bit of the world that we have established? This is what many of us do, I think. This is what our government tries to do, too, I think. But isn't the end result of such a position really more strife, more competition for the weapons of power and force so as to protect our personal peace? And doesn't this all in the end just add to the sum of violence in the world even if it does protect us individually?

In the end, Jesus' way is the only way that makes any sense. The only way to add to the sum of world peace is to be willing to remain peaceful even in the face of agression, chaos, and violence. But few of us are really able to do this. And I'm not going to pretend that I could do it, either. But on the other hand, I'm also not going to pretend that Jesus was wrong, just because I personally don't have the courage or wisdom to follow his lead, and neither am I going to pretend that Jesus was not a pacifist just because I'm unable to be one, too. Which is what I see a LOT of Christians doing these days.

I'm not going to pretend that Jesus was some holy "Rambo" just because I don't have the courage or the faith to be the sacrificial pacifist that he was. And I'm not going to lie about his message just because I can't live up to his example. If we can't take up Jesus' challenge to be the princes of peace even in a world of sin and chaos then we ought to at least be honest enough to admit our failure and admire those men who could.

trust me my friend, i am so happy that Jesus told Peter he would fail him 3 times, AND STILL LOVES HIM.

it is truely hard to live the life Jesus speakes of.

i have denyed him many times.

brother Willi

Originally posted by BillyBob

Absolutely not! He should valiantly fight to the death defending his family, but he should not just lay down and die because of some kooky religious view.

If a man puts his family before himself, he will do everything he can to prevent harm to them and himself.

first see yourself in your enemy.
rememberyou said you would kill me for something you have done to me already.

now picture me at your door with a shotgun ready to kill you because you killed my cat.

if we all vote its ok to kill some one because they killed your pet in front of you and made you watch

then it is the law

will you forgive me for killing your dog?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by brother Willi

you out of ammo my friend?
maybe just shootin blanks for fun?
You are too vague and cryptic to shoot at.

That's your problem not mine.

I ask you to clarify, and you give me some wacky cryptic retort that doesn't make any sense. If you want to debate I am more than ready! But your gonna have to spare me your dramatics.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Knight

You are too vague and cryptic to shoot at.

That's your problem not mine.

I ask you to clarify, and you give me some wacky cryptic retort that doesn't make any sense. If you want to debate I am more than ready! But your gonna have to spare me your dramatics.
i said it simple, PureX said it eloquently

did you want another style?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

first see yourself in your enemy.
rememberyou said you would kill me for something you have done to me already.

Such as???

now picture me at your door with a shotgun ready to kill you because you killed my cat.

Picturing....picturing...picturing you bleeding all over my front porch from 7 holes the size of a .45 caliber bullet.

if we all vote its ok to kill some one because they killed your pet in front of you and made you watch

then it is the law

Do you have any REAL idea how laws are made?

will you forgive me for killing your dog?

Will you forgive me for killing you?

brother Willi

Originally posted by BillyBob

Will you forgive me for killing you?
as i said , YES

you admitted to hitting cats with your car, just as others have.

our cat got hit by someone who did the same.

you were forgiven before you did it Billy

it was my daughters cat, she forgives you

but im not everyone
some might not

you folks gonna keep hittin cats for fun?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

as i said , YES

How will you forgive me if you're dead?

you admitted to hitting cats with your car, just as others have.

No, I don't think I did. I don't hit cats or any other animal on purpose.

our cat got hit by someone who did the same.

Sorry to hear that.

you were forgiven before you did it Billy

But willi, I never did it!

it was my daughters cat, she forgives you

but im not everyone
some might not

you folks gonna keep hittin cats for fun?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

i said it simple, PureX said it eloquently

did you want another style?
Maybe you could summarize in your own words what point you think is so good.

That's fair isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.