bW's POTD 9/15/04 (Chileice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brother Willi

Chileice

for understanding

Following Jesus is hard. We might get killed for it. I think Brother Willi may be the only one disciple enough to face the truth. Jesus wanted us to trust him. If HE wants to kill someone, that's up to him and he can rot the king's guts out without my help. But if I try to save my life I lose it. If I lose it for His sake and the gospel's, I gain it. It's not what we like to hear so we make up baloney like the gospels are only for Jews. That negates all of Jesus' teaching. That is a bunch of hog hooey. Jesus' words are just as valid today as the day he spoke them. Maybe we ought to listen!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree we should listen to the things Jesus taught......

ALL THE THINGS JESUS TAUGHT.

:D

Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Knight

I agree we should listen to the things Jesus taught......

ALL THE THINGS JESUS TAUGHT.

:D

Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

define HE

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by brother Willi

define HE
"He" in this case is the government.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

brother Willi

"He" in this case is the government.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

so Saddam was put in place by God.

the message is
BE A GOOD SLAVE
if you break MANS law, you will be punished.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Let's see...:think:

Chileice is speaking of laying our lives down for the Lord. I am ready, willing and able to do that. But if a man comes into my home and tries to kill me for any reason other than my faith, he's going down!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

so Saddam was put in place by God.

the message is
BE A GOOD SLAVE
if you break MANS law, you will be punished.
No... wrong... God put in place GOVERNMENT. Not specific governments!!

The idea of government and the authority of government was God's idea and He likes that we institute governments.

God doesn't like wicked governments anymore than He likes wicked people or wicked parents or wicked churches yet He still created people, parents and churches and delegated certain authority to those entities just as He did with government.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by lighthouse

Let's see...:think:

Chileice is speaking of laying our lives down for the Lord. I am ready, willing and able to do that. But if a man comes into my home and tries to kill me for any reason other than my faith, he's going down!

What will you do if a Muslim enters your house and tries to kill you because you are a Christian?

brother Willi

No... wrong... God put in place GOVERNMENT. Not specific governments!!

The idea of government and the authority of government was God's idea and He likes that we institute governments.

God doesn't like wicked governments anymore than He likes wicked people or wicked parents or wicked churches yet He still created people, parents and churches and delegated certain authority to those entities just as He did with government.
define wicked

is it wicked to drop bombs?

if your a Muslim, what we do is terrorism.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
BB-
If he wants to kill me for being a Christian, why not die? "To live is Christ, but to die is gain."

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

define wicked
Ever notice when people start to lose an argument, they're always asking others to define words?

brother Willi

Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Romans 12:15
Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.

Romans 12:16
Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation.

Romans 12:17
Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men.

Romans 12:18
If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.

Romans 12:19
Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.

Romans 12:20
"BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIS HEAD."

Romans 12:21
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

define wicked

is it wicked to drop bombs?

if your a Muslim, what we do is terrorism.
:doh:

Oh my gosh!!!!

Are you insane????

Was it wicked for us to kill the Nazi's who were murdering Jews??? Of course not!!!

Turn on your brain lad!!!

“And will you profane Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live, by your lying to My people who listen to lies?� - Ezekiel 13:19

brother Willi

:doh:

Oh my gosh!!!!

Are you insane????

Was it wicked for us to kill the Nazi's who were murdering Jews??? Of course not!!!

Turn on your brain lad!!!

“And will you profane Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live, by your lying to My people who listen to lies?� - Ezekiel 13:19

did Jesus teach us a new way?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

BB-
If he wants to kill me for being a Christian, why not die? "To live is Christ, but to die is gain."

What about a man who has a wife and kids? Is it better for him to make her a widow with fatherless kids just because he's doing so in the name of Christ?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
But if a man comes into my home and tries to kill me for any reason other than my faith, he's going down!

What will you do if a Muslim enters your house and tries to kill you because you are a Christian?

BB-

Why is it OK to kill the intruder if he intends to kill you for pleasure or because he wants to steal from you or any other reason, but if he intends to kill you because you are a Christian, you will let him?

Or, why would you let someone kill you because you are a Christian, but you would prevent him from killing you for any other reason?

Or, why would you let anybody kill you, regardless of the reason?

Or, are you insane?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Poly

What about a man who has a wife and kids? Is it better for him to make her a widow with fatherless kids just because he's doing so in the name of Christ?

Absolutely not! He should valiantly fight to the death defending his family, but he should not just lay down and die because of some kooky religious view.

If a man puts his family before himself, he will do everything he can to prevent harm to them and himself.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

did Jesus teach us a new way?
A "new way" of what????

You are going to have to post in a more specific fashion if you expect serious responses.

Jesus came teaching the same law that God gave to Abraham.

Status
Not open for further replies.