California: Male prisoners who call themselves women will be sent to women’s prisons

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
California: Male prisoners who call themselves women will be sent to women’s prisons

SACRAMENTO, California, November 6, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) – California has become the first state to not only pay for prisoners' transgender operations and treatments, but also move men and women into prisons of the opposite gender.

Effective October 20, taxpayers are on the hook for prisoners who claim to have gender dysphoria. The change to state law took place after a years-long lawsuit from convicted first-degree murderer Rodney James Quine.

Quine, who was also convicted of kidnapping and robbery, is serving a life sentence for his crimes. He now wants to be considered female, and he sued to have the approximately $25,000 surgery to attempt to become female paid for by taxpayers. He won his case in August.

The guidelines for treatment include a committee that must consider other options before recommending surgery. Additionally, the "Sex Reassignment Surgery Review Committee" – which constituted two medical doctors, two mental health doctors, and two psychologists – must conclude that the "patient is in significant distress due to gender dysphoria" and that "the patient has continuously manifested a desire to live and to be accepted as a member of the preferred sex, including the desire to make his/her body as congruent as possible with the preferred sex, for at least two (2) years; [and] has lived full-time in his/her desired gender role for at least 12 months[.]"

Inmates who want the surgeries must have at least two more years before their expected date of parole or release.

The guidelines were described as "pretty conservative criteria" by an expert cited in The New York Times.

One analysis of California's prison records found that there are 363 men who say they are women in California's prisons, and 22 women who say they are men. The Public Policy Institute of California estimated in March 2015 that there are 112,300 people in the state's prisons.

Wow, and how long i wonder will it take for a man to attack a woman there?

genuineoriginal

It is not clear from the article whether the man is sent to the woman's prison to live full time in his desired gender role for 12 months before the operation, or if the man has to live full time in his desired gender role for 12 months in a men's prison before the operation.

I will leave it to your imagination on how a man trying to live full-time as a woman in a men's prison will be treated by the other male prisoners.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It is not clear from the article whether the man is sent to the woman's prison to live full time in his desired gender role for 12 months before the operation, or if the man has to live full time in his desired gender role for 12 months in a men's prison before the operation.

I will leave it to your imagination on how a man trying to live full-time as a woman in a men's prison will be treated by the other male prisoners.

has lived full-time in his/her desired gender role for at least 12 months[.]"

From inside the mens prison it appears, just like the one who just got the surgery and is now to be moved.

genuineoriginal

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/22/u...gnment-surgery-policy-for-prisoners.html?_r=0

So yes, a male with his "stuff" intact, could possibily be moved to a womens prison.

Maybe

Fiction v. Reality: The actual experience of a transgender woman in prison
1) The LARGE majority of transgender women WOULD NOT get to go to a female prison
In almost all cases, transgender people are sent to institutions that coordinate with their biological sex. The only exception is when the individual has undergone genital surgery. This means that regardless of how long a transgender person has lived as a member of the other gender, and regardless of how much other medical treatment they may have undergone, they are usually sent to a prison facility classified by their birth sex. There have even been instances in which transgender women with breast implants have been sent to male prisons.

For the record, I am not supportive of idiots that deal with their emotional hangups through genital mutilation (transgender), I am against prisons as a punishment for crimes, partly because the kind of abuses that occur in prisons are worse than the crimes that are committed by most of the people that get sent to prison.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Also a transgendered male, who doesnt wish to have surgery - can be attracted to women, seems the idiots who want this policy dont think things through.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
:mock:california

sorry rocketdude :idunno:

Don't be sorry I detest California. The only good thing in this state is the weather...other than that it is corrupt, perverted, and oppressive to it's residents. I can't wait to retire and leave, I am counting the years, days, and minutes. I will leave it to Anna & Rusha to pay the taxes & support the illegals....:wave2:

Heck I'll join ya!

:mock: Californication

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
That's a new one! Most trans are probably created in prison. Imagine a child say I was born in prison

bybee

genuineoriginal

This is beyond moronic! The possibilities for rape and assault apparently escape the politically correct perverts who run our country.
Any female prisoner who is assaulted will be able to sue the state and rightly so. This will be a nighmare for the female prisoners and tax payers.

You seem to have ignored the fact that the transgender prisoner is always raped and assaulted in a male prison.
Some of the prisons put the transgender prisoner in protective custody, which in practice means solitary confinement 23 hours out of the day.
Even that does not mean the transgender prisoner is safe, since some of the correctional officers will open the cells so other prisoners can go in and rape and assault the transgender prisoner.

This nightmare for the transgender prisoner is what prompted the lawsuit that ended up with this new law.

bybee

You seem to have ignored the fact that the transgender prisoner is always raped and assaulted in a male prison.
Some of the prisons put the transgender prisoner in protective custody, which in practice means solitary confinement 23 hours out of the day.
Even that does not mean the transgender prisoner is safe, since some of the correctional officers will open the cells so other prisoners can go in and rape and assault the transgender prisoner.

This nightmare for the transgender prisoner is what prompted the lawsuit that ended up with this new law.

So now we transfer the arena to the women's prison wherein now, it is vulnerable women who must be exposed to the possibility of rape and assault by the transgender males? You do realize that transgender does not necessarily mean not attracted to the opposite sex?
What about women's right to privacy?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
For the record, I am not supportive of idiots that deal with their emotional hangups through genital mutilation (transgender), I am against prisons as a punishment for crimes, partly because the kind of abuses that occur in prisons are worse than the crimes that are committed by most of the people that get sent to prison.

Word :plain:

jzeidler

This this makes me so insanely angry! We the tax payers are supporting these prisoners psychotic mental disease by paying for them to get a "sex change." they are in prison they should be suffering not being helped to be something unnatural because they feel like they are trapped in the wrong body. They should suffer through their mental disease!

Also this is going to be horrid for the actual real women. Men's body structure is so different from women's that just on bone mass alone the avenge guy is much stronger than most women. That isn't going to end well for the female prisoners or the female guards. This country is whack! Why aren't feminists shooting this down? This is obviously something bad for women!