Theology Club: Calvin, Spurgeon, Moody and 'arry Moorhouse

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Pershaw....Paul taught the doctrines of Grace and the Reformation was based upon them...nobody taught them like Luther. [I mean so vehemently]

Pershaw....Paul taught the doctrines of Grace and the Reformation was based upon them...nobody taught them like Luther. [I mean so vehemently]

T-U-L-I-P is nothing more than the Gospel, which is pre-Reformation and aligns with Biblical truth. Luther is an interesting person in the Reformation. Would he have ever left the Roman Catholic faith if they had took his 95 Theses as legitimate grievances, we'll never know.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
T-U-L-I-P is nothing more than the Gospel, which is pre-Reformation and aligns with Biblical truth. Luther is an interesting person in the Reformation. Would he have ever left the Roman Catholic faith if they had took his 95 Theses as legitimate grievances, we'll never know.

Luther's abhorrence of indulgences sprang from his discovery of righteousness by faith. The argument soon broadened out. The hinge of the matter turned upon his argument with Erasmus, whether faith and works or grace alone through faith...boy that is the teaching we need in the church today.

beloved57

sobg

T-U-L-I-P is nothing more than the Gospel

So you really believe that huh ? Do you believe that people who reject limited atonement are believers of the Gospel ? Yes or No !

sobg

So you really believe that huh ? Do you believe that people who reject limited atonement are believers of the Gospel ? Yes or No !

First, who are you to grill me on what I believe? I have thousands of posts which should answer all your questions about what I believe. I refer you to them. Happy searching.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

To say "He shall save His people from their sin" doesn't do it...for the atonement is there but not any but His people are drawn to it.

Particularism which I am not denying is the work of the Holy Spirit in who He draws to the Son.

See one man sinned and ALL men were in him when he sinned, one man the Man Christ Jesus, died. God created all men from one blood, Christ shed the drop of His blood.

Moreover God expounded his full wrath on Christ, nobody will ever suffer to the full as He did and it is finished.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The answer is there is no scripture which limits the atonement. God may and does choose who will partake the benefit of it.

God could not say otherwise "whosoever will...."

The answer is there is no scripture which limits the atonement. God may and does choose who will partake the benefit of it.

God could not say otherwise "whosoever will...."

The answer is you are too lazy to read the link I posted which has dozens of scriptures proving Limited Atonement. :yawn:

The 5 solas

There is a fabulous little book that is a quick and easy read. It deals soundly with the doctrine and represents it very well. Perhaps those who are interested, might invest the time in reading this.

The Five Points of Calvinism- Defined, Defended, Documented.
David N Steele - Curtis C Thomas
Presbyterian & Reformed Publishing Co.
Phillipsburg, N.J.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The answer is you are too lazy to read the link I posted which has dozens of scriptures proving Limited Atonement. :yawn:

The answer is you are more willing to read the work of theologians and rest on their findings than study the scripture for yourself...those theologians may be good and honourable but they are not infallible.

Once again I will ask you to show by scripture that the atonement is limited...if you had done your homework you would be ready with the answer. And the answer is there IS no, just as there is no satisfactory scripture to prove double predestiny which Limited Atonement is brought in to shore up..

Last edited:
The answer is you are more willing to read the work of theologians and rest on their findings than study the scripture for yourself...those theologians may be good and honourable but they are not infallible.

Once again I will ask you to show by scripture that the atonement is limited...if you had done your homework you would be ready with the answer. And the answer is there IS no, just as there is no satisfactory scripture to prove double predestiny which Limited Atonement is brought in to shore up..

And you believe you are infallible and people should follow your teaching? You are arguing against something you invented and believe others believe. You need to study with an open mind and let the scriptures, and the Holy Spirit lead you into truth. We can build upon the sound foundation laid by others for our benefit. I do not believe each Christian must start over with no knowledge of the Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic once they are born again. That would be chaos for the Christian Church. You read someone else's work regarding "double predestination". Why should we believe that person and not Spurgeon, Sproul, MacArthur, and others? I'll take their word over yours any day.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And you believe you are infallible and people should follow your teaching? You are arguing against something you invented and believe others believe. You need to study with an open mind and let the scriptures, and the Holy Spirit lead you into truth. We can build upon the sound foundation laid by others for our benefit. I do not believe each Christian must start over with no knowledge of the Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic once they are born again. That would be chaos for the Christian Church. You read someone else's work regarding "double predestination". Why should we believe that person and not Spurgeon, Sproul, MacArthur, and others? I'll take their word over yours any day.

Of COURSE I am infallible...everyone knows that !!!! I am also nearly as humble as john w.

I do not disregard theologians of the past...they are a little thin on the ground at the present time. I am very thankful for their labours.

You either do not know Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic you rely upon others to translate it...so do I, I rely on the translators of the bible...I read the translation very well.

But we have a duty to read and understand for ourselves, this especially so if we want to work in evangelism. Are you then saying only Calvin is the true church like foolish B57?

I agree his theology on Predestination and Election is good grounding, ointment, but Double Predestiny is the fly in the apothecary.

What is so awful is that it so appals christians that they throw out the precious with the vile.

beloved57

Of COURSE I am infallible...everyone knows that !!!! I am also nearly as humble as john w.

I do not disregard theologians of the past...they are a little thin on the ground at the present time. I am very thankful for their labours.

You either do not know Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic you rely upon others to translate it...so do I, I rely on the translators of the bible...I read the translation very well.

But we have a duty to read and understand for ourselves, this especially so if we want to work in evangelism. Are you then saying only Calvin is the true church like foolish B57?

I agree his theology on Predestination and Election is good grounding, ointment, but Double Predestiny is the fly in the apothecary.

What is so awful is that it so appals christians that they throw out the precious with the vile.

Slander !

Posted from the TOL App!