Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by Knight
Calvinism: Logical yet not biblical
Arminianism: Illogical and not biblical
Open Theism: Logical and biblical

Calvinism: Logical yet not and biblical
Arminianism: Illogical and not occasionally biblical
Open Theism: Illogical and biblical *heretical
*see also Holman's Apologetics Study Bible for details (godrulz can even "search inside" for details since he never reads the full content of any book.)

Glad to see you two agreeing on something...:think:

And by something I mean, of course, spelling.

I personally find Calvinism without Hobbes a poor read, Arminianism uncomfortably tailored, and the open view too panoramic.

So I hope I've settled the matter for you. :thumb:

Think nothing of it...that's how I came to my understanding on the matter, anyway.

:plain:...what?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where are all the Arminians?

The title of this thread is Calvinism, Amrinianism, and Open theism. Let's here what they have to say.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The title of this thread is Calvinism, Amrinianism, and Open theism. Let's here what they have to say.
Since no one can spell Arminian, I suppose that explains why none of them are showing up. :squint:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Aren't you one??

If I were, which I am not, would I have made this post:

Tetelestai said:
Calvinism: Not Biblical because of the election/predestination/reprobate flaws.

Arminianism: Not Biblical becasue of faith + works, and anti-OSAS.

Open Theism: Not Biblical because it takes away the omniscience of God, and other attributes of God.

In other words: None of the above

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I guess I would fall into the Closed category on the whole "spelling" controversy--which now seems far from Settled.
:think:

I'm going. I'm going.

:mario:

A fellow tries to interject a little levity and the next thing you know he's hopping the ban-train to Sorrytown. :angel:

What type of heretic are you? :)

I can tell you from here that he's not much of a dancer. :idunno:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:idea: Is it too late to blame the whole thing on the Clintons? :think: :D
Not that I mind giving the Clintons a few swift kicks, but I prefer to accuse them of evils they really did! I'm just saying:idunno:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Calvinism: Not Biblical because of the election/predestination/reprobate flaws.

Arminianism: Not Biblical becasue of faith + works, and anti-OSAS.

Open Theism: Not Biblical because it takes away the omniscience of God, and other attributes of God.

In other words: None of the above

Calvinism's determinism is a no-go.

You misrepresent Arminianism if you think he/it taught faith + works. It is within the Reformed tradition of salvation by grace through faith alone. It is not uncommon to confuse modern Arminianism with Pelagianism that may be a problem (vs semi-Pelagian). Roger E. Olson IVP 'Arminian Theology' refutes the myth of thinking faith +works is what Arminius taught.

Unconditional eternal security (OSAS) is not biblical, so guilty as charged.

Open Theism, properly understood, does not compromise biblical attributes, including omniscience. It is a more biblical, coherent free will theism than Arminianism.

eveningsky339

Since no one can spell Arminian, I suppose that explains why none of them are showing up. :squint:

Arrzmoaienian is fairly simple to spell. I don't see what the problem is.

As for all the choices...

who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his bl.ood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
1 Peter 1:2

Time is part of Creation. That's why the universe is 4-dimensional and not just 3-dimensional-- we have time.