Can a Christian lose their salvation

Rodger

Paul wrote..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." (Rom 6:6)
Also..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)
I "died" with Christ.
I was also "raised with Christ to walk in newness of life." (Rom 6:4)

Our opinions differ.
I have NO opinions my friend!

I am a Bible Literalist!!!

Romans 6:6 does not say that the sin nature is erradicated. It says that we now as believers do not have to serve sin!

Gal. 5:24 means that We still give in to our desire to sin, but Christians are no longer people controlled by our sin. We have agreed sin is worthless, and we have declared, in Christ, our intention to move, with Him, away from sin using God's power.

Romans 6:4 means that we come to life for the first time (Ephesians 2:5), and God means for us to participate in this new life in a meaningful way. This is not only profound, it helps to explain why a life of persistent and willful sin is incompatible with a profession of faith in Christ (Galatians 5:19–24; 1 John 3:6–9).

I am very blessed to be able to help your understanding!

Hoping

Banned
I have NO opinions my friend!
You had three opinions in your last post to me.
You are approaching everything from the perspective of your Pentacostal teaching and background. I am approaching everything from a Biblical perspective.
I have never been a part of a Pentecostal group
What I have learned is from the bible.
We don’t lose our sin nature once we receive Christ. The Bible says that sin remains in us and that a struggle with that old nature will continue as long as we are in this world.
Were that true, then 2 Cor 5:17 is not true.
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
If your version of the resilience of the old man were true, the verse would read..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, "ALMOST" all things are become new.

Show where in the bible that we struggle with any sin nature, please.
It is impossible for the old sin nature to be reformed or cleansed.
Then our rebirth from God's seed is false.
Our old sinful self can never be made righteous and so God, in His grace, gave us a new nature - a new life - the resurrected life of Christ which He imputed to us by faith at the point of salvation. When we were saved we were not only given the indwelling Holy Spirit of God to guide us but also a new, born-again life to be guided by Him. At salvation, we received Christ's resurrected life, which gives us the opportunity to draw on His sufficient power, for without Him our old nature can do nothing, but in Him our new life can do all things for He is the power of God, from Whom our strength is drawn.

Now.........IF we did not have a sin nature then we would not be able to sin. THAT is exactly what you have been taught. However, if that is true, then all of the Scriptures that say we are sinners, rotten dirty rags in the sight of God will have to be removed from the Bible.
Supply one of those scriptures and we can discuss it.

Hoping

Banned
You are wrong my brother. Paul wrote all of his letters 25 years after Jesus walked on the Earth.
"What he cited" in Rom 3 was written many years before Jesus was born of a woman.
2nd.....Paul did not condmn the Jews for trying to keep the Law, instead He writes that the law speaks to those under the law. And what does it say? It says, "You can't keep the law." This was the conclusion supported by Paul's prior references to the Old Testament: .....
that nobody lives a life of "righteousness" in comparison to the standards of God. = Rom 3:23 in that "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God!
Paul was illustrating to the Jews that even though they had the Law, they still needed the Savior.
Having the Law meant nothing.
The Jews were as bad off as the Gentiles.
In other words, Moses' law, God's gift to Israel, does not provide any protection from God's eternal judgment for human sin. Not for Jews, nor for Gentiles. Instead, the law reveals just how much we humans sin. It forces us to agree with God that we deserve His anger because we now understand all of the ways in which we have sinned against Him.
Agreed.
The Jews also needed the Redeemer and Savior.
The Law wouldn't be enough, as they couldn't keep the Law.
Now you are correct! Jesus was tortured, beaten, tempted and died. But He did not sin! THat is because He was the God-Man and had NO sin nature!
He was tempted as we are but because He loved God He didn't give in to the temptations.
Your reasoning flies in the face of Heb 4:15..."For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
Then you asked..............
"The wrath of God spoken of in those verses is the wrath brought with the judgement."
A lake of fire for the wicked."

Again you are correct. SIN will bring the wrath of God upon all who reject Jesus as the Lord.

Then you asked........
"Don't you think there will still be believers on earth on the last day ?"

Congratulation! Yes there will be. However, this is a YES and a NO answer. Immediately after the rapture, there will not be any Christians on the earth because all Christians will have been removed. that is, after the rapture there will not be any Christians be on the earth.
After the rapture, some non-believers will become Christians. The book of Revelation reveals that God will send the 144,000 witnesses (Revelation 7:4-8), the two witnesses (Revelation 11:1-10) and an angel to preach the gospel (Revelation 14:6) about Jesus Christ. The world will be called to repent but the vast majority will refuse and instead curse God (Revelation 16:21). Revelation 6:9-11; 7:9-17 reveal that some people will become Christians in the tribulation. Yet, many of these Christians will die (Revelation 20:4). To become a Christian means almost certain death. Therefore, after the rapture, will there be Christians be on the earth? The answer is yes! The whole thesis of the Tribulation Period is God dealing with the nation of Israel, so the next revival in the Last Days will be from the Jews who have not heard the gospel and Gentiles of the same thought.
Rapture ?
That sounds like a new thread.
Then you asked........
"Jesus wondered if He would find faith on earth on that day."

What He is saying is to be seen that very few will have the strength of faith that Jesus is talking about.
Matthew 7:21-23 is about as clear as it can possible be...............
"
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Again........thanks for asking and giving me the opportunity to get out the Word of God!

Hoping

Banned
Wrong again. I hate to keeping having to correct you. I really do.

1st.......Paul was proclaiming the truth of God’s Word to the Church of Rome, and he was telling them what happens when a person deliberately lives in sin and refuses to accept the truth of God’s Word (Romans 1:18-32). The people Paul was referring to had committed a myriad of sinful acts and were condoning those who practiced these sinful actions. Paul condemns SIN many, many times.

You said.........
"By effectually "outlawing" the right to choose to believe, you do a grave disservice to Christ Jesus."

WRONG! I never ever said such a thing. The freedom of choice goes all the way back to Adam and Eve. Come on brother, lets get what we say correct before we say it.

You asked...........
"If one is reborn of God's seed, how can he still bring forth the devil's fruit ? (1 John 3:9-10)"

I am amazed at how the Pentacostal denomination has warped the Scripture and your understanding. God bless you my friend and I hope that our conversations will encourage to begin to do some real Bible study!

My dear friend, Grace is a not a license to sin. Those who sin without remorse, knowingly sin, no conviction, or change have no relationship with Christ whatsoever. But even a saved Christian has to choose good over evil.

In this verse, 1st John 3:9-10 that you posted, the emphasis is on the one "born of God." God lives in the believer and the believer can therefore no longer live the same life as prior to becoming God's child. Though believers continue to sin, they will be changed more into the likeness of Christ. God's children are expected to reflect his characteristics to some degree. Again, the emphasis is not on perfection, but likeness. An unchanged person is not a true believer. A true believer cannot help but live differently because God lives within them.
Our opinions differ.
I suppose you believe apple seeds can bring forth peaches ?
Why do you think God's seed will produce liars, thieve, and adulterers ?

Rodger

Our opinions differ.
I suppose you believe apple seeds can bring forth peaches ?
Why do you think God's seed will produce liars, thieve, and adulterers ?
Now you are being really silly!

Your responce has no meaning whatsoever to the topic in question.

I know that from your denominational background you think it does.....but it does not!

After we are saved, we soon notice that our propensity to sin is still part of us. How can that be, since we are new creatures in Christ? We still sin because we, though forgiven, are still fallen human beings.

Now YOU may be convinced that you do not sin, but friend, YOU are the only one to believe that. Well, maybe your other Holiness Pentacostal friends do as well.

But everyone else knows that you are no different than we all are.

We sin because we are sinners.

We are FORGIVEN of our sin because we have believed upon the Lord Jesus Christ. We now can chose not to sin, but we can no more do that than we can keep the Law.

Rodger

"What he cited" in

Paul was illustrating to the Jews that even though they had the Law, they still needed the Savior.

Agreed.

He was tempted as we are but because He loved God He didn't give in to the temptations.
Your reasoning flies in the face of Heb 4:15..."For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

Rapture ?
Oh my goodness!!!!

May the Lord bless you my friend.

Yes........All of the Old Test. quotes were before Jesus was Incarnated. But, what does that mattrer?

Yes........The Jews needed Christ.......not the Law!
They could not keep the law and you can not keep from sinning!

Yes........He was tempted but He did not give in because He loved God. He did not give in because HE WAS GOD!

Heb. 4:15 have nothing to do with you and YOUR sin. It is all about the Lord Jesus not you and me.

Rodger

You had three opinions in your last post to me.

I have never been a part of a Pentecostal group

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
If your version of the resilience of the old man were true, the verse would read..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, "ALMOST" all things are become new.

Supply one of those scriptures and we can discuss it.
What I said to your were not opinions. They were OBSERVATIONS based on your theology. What you have posted is directly from the Holiness Pentacostal denomination.

It is not up to me to change your understanding. YOU have misunderstood what you have read. I do not have to prove that you are a forgiven sinner.......all I have to do is talk with your wife for 5 minutes and we will know!

I gues by you question you have not read Romans 7. And please, please do not embarrass your self by saying that Paul wrote Romans 7 before he was saved!

Romans 7:19........
"For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice".

Romans 7 then, is rather a description of the constant struggle with sin that all people face, whether regenerate or unregenerate. The Spirit, given to us by God at the moment we believe, helps us gain deliverance from the power of sin in our lives.

Romans 7:14-15.......
"For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. "

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=ea33...3LXBhdWwtc3RydWdnbGUtc2luZnVsLWZsZXNoLw&ntb=1

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

No, not me.

Paul.

are saying that sin comes from those in Christ.

I am saying that believers do not receive their glorified bodies until Christ returns.

That means our sin nature will not be done away with until then.

I can't agree, as there is no darkness in God. (1 John 1:5)

You think "those in Christ" are God?

That's what you just said.

Those walking in God don't waver.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Paul said they do, that it's a constant battle between

They can't bring forth the devil's fruit, as they are born of God's seed.

Adam was created perfect, and yet he still sinned.

Was Adam not "born of God"?

We call them "posers", pretenders.

Says the one posing as someone who no longer sins, pretending he has a glorified body which will not be given until Christ's return...

Were they actually walking in God, there would be none occasion of stumbling. (1 John 2:10)

Even according to your doctrine, you think that people who truly believe have "a remission of sins," and you support it with verses such as Matthew 26:28, Mark 1:4, Luke 1:77, 3:3, 24:47, and so forth.

But here's the thing: "remission" doesn't mean elimination, or a guarantee that you will not sin. It means a reduction.

People with cancer who are being treated want the cancer to go into remission. It doesn't mean that the cancer goes away completely, they still have to get regular checkups to make sure it stays in remission, but they are not cured by any means.

The analogy applies to sin quite well.

However, the difference between those who receive the remission of sin, and those who are saved by grace, is that cancer doesn't affect those who are dead.

Spiritually speaking, someone who is crucified with Christ has his account wiped clean, all of his crimes have been paid for.

The problem is that you've taken what is meant spiritually, and tried to apply it literally to the physical. Just because our accounts have been wiped clean doesn't mean we will no longer commit sin.

Christianity isn't a revolving door religion like the OT Jewish one was.

No one said it was. In fact, I've said the opposite. Those who place their trust in Christ are saved. Period. They cannot be plucked out of God's hand. If someone never truly placed their trust in Christ, but simply went through the motions, they are not saved, and will fall away. They were never in God's hand to begin with.

That has nothing to do with whether a Christian, one who is actually saved, sins or not. To say it is is conflation, and only results in confusion.

Just because someone stops walking in the Spirit doesn't mean that God has not saved them.

Otherwise you make God out to be a liar, because He said those who believe, who have placed their trust in Christ, He will save. Those who do not believe, who do not place their trust in Christ, He will not save.

Did Peter constantly look at Jesus when Jesus told him to step out of the boat onto the water? Was Peter's goal after stepping out onto the water ever NOT Christ?

What happened to Peter when he focused on the wind rather than Christ? He started to sink, and cried out for Jesus to save him!

Guess what, Christ didn't say "Sorry, you didn't actually trust me, therefore, into the water you go!" No, Jesus reached His hand out and caught him!

THAT'S GRACE!!!

You, on the other hand, think that Peter should have gone into the water because he "stumbled," by looking away from Christ.

You see God's grace as a bandage,

No, I see God's grace as a covering.

Justice demands that my sins be paid for.

Jesus, through His death, burial, and resurrection, has covered me, that I no longer have to pay the penalty, because He has paid it for me. He has literally covered the cost. Not just for my past sins, but for all of my future sins as well. I'm fully covered by his free gift of eternal life, so that even if I sin, and turn away, I will not be plucked out of His hand. I am covered by His grace.

You seem to need the reminder:

Grace is unmerited favor.

Let me repeat that.

Grace.
Is.
Unmerited.
Favor.

Grace is getting something you don't deserve, and mercy is not getting something that you DO deserve.

If I sin, I don't deserve to go to heaven.

But because of God's grace, I will go to heaven regardless of my sin.

That's what it means to be saved! That's what it means to be under grace!

while I realize it is a cure.

The only "cure" is receiving a new body, without the lusts of the flesh. That will only happen when Christ returns.

You, who are not saved, will not receive a new body. Repent before it's too late.

How many Christians did Paul cause to die?

Fewer people than Herod. In fact, even at the nartyrdom of Stephen, he was just the one holding the cloaks of those who stoned Stephen, being a "young man."

How many babies did Herod or Pharaoh cause to die?

Far more than Paul did.

In fact, it was more than enough to cause God to send an angel to tell Joseph to take Jesus and His mother and flee to Egypt.

As neither of us have any real data,

We have enough data to know that Paul arrested believing Jews, and was present at the stoning of Stephen.

We have enough data to know that Herod did in fact put to death "all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the wise men."

Based on the evidence, we can determine that Herod murdered more children than Paul murdered people of any age.

the point is moot.

Paul was the worst of the sinners Jesus died for,

Repeating your position will not automatically make it come true.

because he persecuted the church.

And? So what?

Though technically Jesus died for Herod too, Herod didn't accept the ransom for his soul.
If he had, then he would may of been the chief of sinners that Jesus died for.

Again, the word Paul used supports my position, and does not support yours. The word he used does not mean "greatest." He did not say "I am the greatest sinner."

He used the word that means "first, before, principal, most important," and then used it again in the very next verse to emphasize what he said.

"of whom I am the first"
"That in me first"

And then to even further iterate, he said that he obtained mercy "as a pattern to those who ARE GOING TO BELIEVE"!

Screenshot_20230906-100442.png
Screenshot_20230906-100450.png
Screenshot_20230906-100455.png

Don't ignore the context of what is being said just because it doesn't agree with what you've been taught.

I have given you two witnesses, lines of evidence, that show that Paul was not saying "I was the greatest sinner," but rather "I was the first sinner saved by grace."

No, it's not.

You do not learn that Christians no longer sin from the Bible.

You learned that from someone who did not rightly divide, be that you or someone else.

"All" in the Bible hardly ever means woodenly literally "all."

Romans 7.

"Rebirth" has nothing to do with the Body of Christ.

It is a term used ONLY in the context of Israel and her covenant relationship with God.

Yes, because the law is undergirded with Grace.

Were it not for God looking forwards to the death of His Son, no one could have come into a relationship with Him, before or after Paul.

Moses did not circumcise, and God nearly killed him for it.

So yes, Israel needed the law.

If one did not keep the law, they were to be cut off from the rest of the nation.

So the gifts and callings of God are revokable?

Then why do you try to put Christians under a law?

Right, because love is the commitment to the good of someone.

Jesus is committed to the good of His Father and of the Holy Spirit, and likewise for the Father and for the Holy Spirit.

Rapture ?

Christians will obtain their new bodies at the second coming of Christ, at the Rapture, 1 Corinthians 15:52.

You, who claim to have already received your new body, but have not, will not receive your new body, because you are not saved.

God has set before you, this day, life and death.

Therefore, CHOOSE LIFE, that you may live!

Hoping

Banned
Now you are being really silly!
Your response has no meaning whatsoever to the topic in question.
Can you not make the connection between Jesus' "fig trees not bearing grapes and grape vines not bearing figs" with "God's seed not bring forth the fruit of the devil" ?
The seed dictates what kind of fruit something can bear.
Those reborn of God's seed cannot be liars, thieves, adulterers, or murderers.
I know that from your denominational background you think it does.....but it does not!
I really don't think "the Church By Christ Jesus (Eph 3:21)" was ever Pentecostal.
But I suppose that depends on your definition of Pentecostal.
After we are saved, we soon notice that our propensity to sin is still part of us. How can that be, since we are new creatures in Christ? We still sin because we, though forgiven, are still fallen human beings.
"Saved" will occur when your name is found in the book of life on the day of judgement.
Converted would be a better word for you there.
And if converted, why do the things one has converted from ?

You don't really put much stock in rebirth, do you ?
Now YOU may be convinced that you do not sin, but friend, YOU are the only one to believe that. Well, maybe your other Holiness Pentacostal friends do as well.
Point out the sin, or leave that line of accusation.
But everyone else knows that you are no different than we all are.
Except it seems I am the only one whose repentance from sin was true.
We sin because we are sinners.
Repentance from sin and rebirth will fix that.
We are FORGIVEN of our sin because we have believed upon the Lord Jesus Christ. We now can chose not to sin, but we can no more do that than we can keep the Law.
It is written..."Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth." (John 9:31)
And..."For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil." (1 Peter 3:12)
God will forgive sinners when they actually do turn from sin.
Until then, your soul is in great danger.

Hoping

Banned
Oh my goodness!!!!

May the Lord bless you my friend.

Yes........All of the Old Test. quotes were before Jesus was Incarnated. But, what does that mattrer?
You've lost sight of the context of my quote.
Let's move on.
Yes........The Jews needed Christ.......not the Law!
They could not keep the law and you can not keep from sinning!
Agreed.
Yes........He was tempted but He did not give in because He loved God. He did not give in because HE WAS GOD!
Isn't it written that He called "us" gods ?
I know Jesus mentioned that somewhere...
When the Word took on flesh, He lost the "God" part of His former self.
He had all the foibles we struggle with today.
He had no "special defense" from temptation except His belief.
Just like the reborn have now.
Heb. 4:15 have nothing to do with you and YOUR sin. It is all about the Lord Jesus not you and me.
Jesus was tempted just like we are.
If He had some "magical" defense from temptation, why did the devil keep trying to sway Him ?

Hoping

Banned
What I said to your were not opinions. They were OBSERVATIONS based on your theology. What you have posted is directly from the Holiness Pentacostal denomination.

It is not up to me to change your understanding. YOU have misunderstood what you have read. I do not have to prove that you are a forgiven sinner.......all I have to do is talk with your wife for 5 minutes and we will know!

I gues by you question you have not read Romans 7. And please, please do not embarrass your self by saying that Paul wrote Romans 7 before he was saved!

Romans 7:19........
"For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice".

Romans 7 then, is rather a description of the constant struggle with sin that all people face, whether regenerate or unregenerate. The Spirit, given to us by God at the moment we believe, helps us gain deliverance from the power of sin in our lives.

Romans 7:14-15.......
"For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. "

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=ea33...3LXBhdWwtc3RydWdnbGUtc2luZnVsLWZsZXNoLw&ntb=1
Our "observations" differ.
BTW, the struggles against sin, from Rom 7, were Paul's narrative of his former life while still in the flesh, and failing to uphold the Law of Moses.
I could give the same narrative as Paul, only I'ld use the catholic's teachings instead of the Law of Moses.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The seed dictates what kind of fruit something can bear.
You're a hayseed, and that dictates that you keep on creating posts which advertise you to be dumber than the stump of a dead fig tree.

And remember, you've already been telling us that you cannot know whether or not you are of God until judgement day; so whom do you think you're fooling by, out of the other side of your self-defeating mouth, telling us that you are of God?

7djengo7

@Rodger, as you may or may not have noticed already, @Hoping is not a Christian, and he admits he has never been saved:
"Saved" will occur when your name is found in the book of life on the day of judgement.
In fact, @Hoping even mocks the truth that he is a sinner in need of being saved, by putting sneer quotes around his word "saved". According to him, he has no need of being saved, and will never be saved, and will never need to be saved, because, according to him, he has never sinned. He imagines that he will be able to lie to God's face at the Great White Throne Of Judgement (the way he lies in this forum to total strangers), and that God will bless him for his brazen, God-blaspheming, lying denial that he is the Christ-hating sinner that he is.

Hoping

Banned
No, not me.
Paul.
I couldn't find that quote when I went back and looked at my post ?
I am saying that believers do not receive their glorified bodies until Christ returns.
We don't need glorified bodies to live without sinning.
We just need a real repentance from sin and to be reborn of God's seed.
That means our sin nature will not be done away with until then.
My rebirth necessitated the destruction of the old me, including its nature.
You think "those in Christ" are God?
That's what you just said.
No, "IN God".
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another,..." (1 John 1:7)
Living it does though.
Paul said they do, that it's a constant battle between
You are mistaken.
In fact, he wrote..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
Looks to me like his expectations were of faithful followers of Christ Jesus.
Adam was created perfect, and yet he still sinned.
He was walking in the flesh, and the results of that will always be sin.
Was Adam not "born of God"?
Not in the conventional way.
He was created by God, not born of God.
Says the one posing as someone who no longer sins, pretending he has a glorified body which will not be given until Christ's return...
Again, a glorified body has nothing to do with what comes from the mind.
Even according to your doctrine, you think that people who truly believe have "a remission of sins," and you support it with verses such as Matthew 26:28, Mark 1:4, Luke 1:77, 3:3, 24:47, and so forth.
But here's the thing: "remission" doesn't mean elimination, or a guarantee that you will not sin. It means a reduction.
You are wrong on both counts.
Remission is the taking away of past sins.
It is done as Peter exhorted in Acts 2:38, by baptism in the name of Jesus Christ "for the remission of sins".
And as Ananias commanded in Acts 22:16...."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."
People with cancer who are being treated want the cancer to go into remission. It doesn't mean that the cancer goes away completely, they still have to get regular checkups to make sure it stays in remission, but they are not cured by any means.
What is a failed "remission" called ?
Failed remission.
God doesn't fail.
All past sins are washed away by the blood of Christ, if ones repentance from sin is true.
The analogy applies to sin quite well.
Not really.
However, the difference between those who receive the remission of sin, and those who are saved by grace, is that cancer doesn't affect those who are dead.
If they are still sinning, they were not crucified with Christ. (Gal 5:24)..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
Spiritually speaking, someone who is crucified with Christ has his account wiped clean, all of his crimes have been paid for.
The problem is that you've taken what is meant spiritually, and tried to apply it literally to the physical. Just because our accounts have been wiped clean doesn't mean we will no longer commit sin.
Does the Spirit control the vessel, or does the vessel control the Spirit ?
It isn't because our "accounts have been wiped clean" that we don't sin anymore, it is because having been reborn of God's seed we can no longer bring forth the fruit of the devil.
We have new natures that are not fixated on the worldly anymore, thanks be to God !
No one said it was. In fact, I've said the opposite. Those who place their trust in Christ are saved. Period. They cannot be plucked out of God's hand. If someone never truly placed their trust in Christ, but simply went through the motions, they are not saved, and will fall away. They were never in God's hand to begin with.
That I can agree with heartily.
Sinners were never converted, "in Christ", or "in God's hands".
That has nothing to do with whether a Christian, one who is actually saved, sins or not. To say it is is conflation, and only results in confusion.
So which of these last two versions of faith are really yours ?
"They were never in God's hands", or "That has nothing to do with whether a Christian, one who is actually saved, sins or not."
Just because someone stops walking in the Spirit doesn't mean that God has not saved them.
I can't be fooled with that.
Otherwise you make God out to be a liar, because He said those who believe, who have placed their trust in Christ, He will save. Those who do not believe, who do not place their trust in Christ, He will not save.
Sinners have not "put their trust in Him".
They are trusting false doctrines that accommodate more sinning.
Did Peter constantly look at Jesus when Jesus told him to step out of the boat onto the water? Was Peter's goal after stepping out onto the water ever NOT Christ?
What happened to Peter when he focused on the wind rather than Christ? He started to sink, and cried out for Jesus to save him!
Guess what, Christ didn't say "Sorry, you didn't actually trust me, therefore, into the water you go!" No, Jesus reached His hand out and caught him!
THAT'S GRACE!!!
That's the OT !
Men walking in the flesh and trying unsuccessfully to obey God.
You, on the other hand, think that Peter should have gone into the water because he "stumbled," by looking away from Christ.
Peter had not yet been reborn, or repented of sin, or received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
No, I see God's grace as a covering.
Bandage.
Not a cure.
Justice demands that my sins be paid for.
You can say that, but continue to commit sin ?
Jesus, through His death, burial, and resurrection, has covered me, that I no longer have to pay the penalty, because He has paid it for me. He has literally covered the cost. Not just for my past sins, but for all of my future sins as well. I'm fully covered by his free gift of eternal life, so that even if I sin, and turn away, I will not be plucked out of His hand. I am covered by His grace.
That is not the truth.
It is written..."Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" (Rom 3:25)
You seem to need the reminder:
Grace is unmerited favor.
Let me repeat that.
Grace.
Is.
Unmerited.
Favor.
Salvation is the reward for righteousness.
It is written..."Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ." (Col 3:24)
Grace is getting something you don't deserve, and mercy is not getting something that you DO deserve.
If I sin, I don't deserve to go to heaven.
But because of God's grace, I will go to heaven regardless of my sin.
That's what it means to be saved! That's what it means to be under grace!
That is deception to me.
By grace I was allowed to cast off the flesh and be made a new creature, born of God.
My doctrine doesn't skip over the repentance from sin.
We serve ONE Lord.
Sinners are servants of sin..."Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."
(John 8:34)
The only "cure" is receiving a new body, without the lusts of the flesh. That will only happen when Christ returns.
Again, the vessel is slave to the Spirit, not the Spirit is slave to the vessel.
Who is "at the wheel" ?
You, who are not saved, will not receive a new body. Repent before it's too late.

Fewer people than Herod. In fact, even at the nartyrdom of Stephen, he was just the one holding the cloaks of those who stoned Stephen, being a "young man."

Far more than Paul did.

In fact, it was more than enough to cause God to send an angel to tell Joseph to take Jesus and His mother and flee to Egypt.

We have enough data to know that Paul arrested believing Jews, and was present at the stoning of Stephen.

We have enough data to know that Herod did in fact put to death "all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the wise men."

Based on the evidence, we can determine that Herod murdered more children than Paul murdered people of any age.

Repeating your position will not automatically make it come true.

And? So what?

Again, the word Paul used supports my position, and does not support yours. The word he used does not mean "greatest." He did not say "I am the greatest sinner."

He used the word that means "first, before, principal, most important," and then used it again in the very next verse to emphasize what he said.

"of whom I am the first"
"That in me first"

And then to even further iterate, he said that he obtained mercy "as a pattern to those who ARE GOING TO BELIEVE"!

View attachment 8010
View attachment 8009
View attachment 8011

Don't ignore the context of what is being said just because it doesn't agree with what you've been taught.

I have given you two witnesses, lines of evidence, that show that Paul was not saying "I was the greatest sinner," but rather "I was the first sinner saved by grace."

No, it's not.

You do not learn that Christians no longer sin from the Bible.

You learned that from someone who did not rightly divide, be that you or someone else.

"All" in the Bible hardly ever means woodenly literally "all."

Romans 7.

"Rebirth" has nothing to do with the Body of Christ.

It is a term used ONLY in the context of Israel and her covenant relationship with God.

Yes, because the law is undergirded with Grace.

Were it not for God looking forwards to the death of His Son, no one could have come into a relationship with Him, before or after Paul.

Moses did not circumcise, and God nearly killed him for it.

So yes, Israel needed the law.

If one did not keep the law, they were to be cut off from the rest of the nation.

So the gifts and callings of God are revokable?

Then why do you try to put Christians under a law?

Right, because love is the commitment to the good of someone.

Jesus is committed to the good of His Father and of the Holy Spirit, and likewise for the Father and for the Holy Spirit.

Christians will obtain their new bodies at the second coming of Christ, at the Rapture, 1 Corinthians 15:52.

You, who claim to have already received your new body, but have not, will not receive your new body, because you are not saved.

God has set before you, this day, life and death.

Therefore, CHOOSE LIFE, that you may live!

7djengo7

VS
My rebirth necessitated the destruction of the old me, including its nature.
Out of the one side of your self-defeating mouth, you say that the old man (I don't say the old you, because I do not believe you are of God) is one of the "all things" that are become new. Whereas, out of the other side, you contradict that by saying that the old man is destroyed. To be destroyed is to not become new; to become new is to not be destroyed. So, you hypocritically mocked @Rodger's statement by saying he makes 2 Corinthians 5:17 to be ""ALMOST" all things are become new", because he spoke the truth in saying that the old man is not one of the "all things" that become new; yet you turn around and also tell us that the old man is not one of the "all things" that become new, by telling us that the old man, instead of becoming new, becomes destroyed.

Hoping

Banned
Wait a second there, o "sinless" one; from whose sin are you saying you have repented, since you say you have never sinned, and have no sin?
My own sins.
I never said I had never committed sins.
Thanks to the gracefulness of God, I heard the truth and repented-turned from sin, and got baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins. (Acts 2:38)
Having obeyed Peter's directive, I receiver the gift of the Holy Ghost.
My turn from sin has been true.
Thanks be to God.

7djengo7

I never said I had never committed sins.
Yeah you did, you Christ-hating liar. You've been saying you're a Christian, and you've been saying that no Christian has ever sinned.

Your major premise: Every Christian is someone who has never sinned.
Your minor premise: @Hoping is a Christian.
Conclusion: @Hoping is someone who has never sinned.

It's not lost on me that you, being a venomous Christ-hater (a hater of ὁ Λόγος), are necessarily at war against logic, against thinking logically; it is impossible for heretics such as yourself to love truth and logic. That being the case, I get it that this syllogism, with which you have no hope of dealing rationally, will only evoke more lying and mindless raving and self-righteous lying out of your sorry mouth. But the fun thing is that, by now changing your story to saying you have sinned, instead of that you have never sinned, you will be rejecting one or both of your two premises displayed above. You're either literally too stupid to even perceive the necessary force of this argument, or you're so committed to lying for your father, Satan, that you are willing to continue allowing yourself to appear that stupid.:ROFLMAO: