Christian Man Fired From $60K Job for Sharing 'Audacity' Film With Lesbian Co-Workers

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Social media has blurred many lines between personal and company time. This situation is an example. Companies today can discipline employees for smoking when at home if the company has an anti-nicotine policy.

AMR

Tis true. And I tend not to think it's a good thing.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
A day after being called into the office, Routson said that another lesbian worker was hired to work in the facility. Just as he shared his faith with all of his other co-workers, Routson felt compelled to share his faith with the new lesbian worker.

"So, the new girl comes in and it was like any other new person. … We were talking about the Gospel and I shared my faith with her, and at the same time, I shared 'Audacity' with her," Routson said. "I said, 'You got to check out 'Audacity.'

He was warned, yet he continued his harassment. Actions have consequences.

GASP! Sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ at work with proud and unrepentant lesbo's destined to go to Hell if they don't repent first?

Why is this man allowed to live?

Lynch mob! Lynch mob!*

lynch-mob-21-360x237.jpg

*This is not an actual LGBTQueer lynch mob, as their colors are much too mundane.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I stand by a companies right to fire anyone, for any reason, at any time.

Employees work for a company at their pleasure.

Try doing that to someone who is openly homosexual and see where that'll land you (fined/lose your business license, charged with a hate crime, massive boycotts, etc.).

It's open season on Christians, not sexual deviants.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
GASP! Sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ at work with proud and unrepentant lesbo's destined to go to Hell if they don't repent first?

Lynch mob! Lynch mob!*

lynch-mob-21-360x237.jpg

*This is not an actual LGBTQueer lynch mob, as their colors are much too mundane.

And the Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical goes to: .........

Oh darn. Sorry, aCW, better luck next year. :)

Arthur Brain

Lynch mob! Lynch mob!*

lynch-mob-21-360x237.jpg

Drama queen much?

:freak:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And the Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical goes to: .........

Oh darn. Sorry, aCW, better luck next year. :)

Get a good laugh out of your persecution of Christians and others who believe in decency anna cuz I guarantee you this:

You are not going to win this culture war.

Arthur Brain

Outside of a written contract, job security is an illusion.

Most jobs I've had have come with such a contract, including a grievance procedure that protects both employer and employee. That doesn't mean to say that a job is absolutely secure even then - financial recessions etc, but it affords a level that gives the worker a certain level of stability, not just the company. I fail to see anything wrong with that. An employer can fire you on the spot for gross misconduct by way of.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The employer told him to stop a certain behavior, he did not. It's that simple.

The employer had no right to tell him what to do off the clock, second, unless the employer bans all non work related conversations between employees, they cant legally ban him talking about his faith, sorry, see the law.

Jose Fly

Apparently you missed this...

The company cant give him a warning just for sharing his faith,

Yes they can, if it's disruptive and/or makes other employees uncomfortable. Like all other freedoms, this one comes with limits and isn't universal. For example, you can't walk around your office with a bullhorn shouting "THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH!!!"

Read this: http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/best_practices_religion.html

Employers should allow religious expression among employees to the same extent that they allow other types of personal expression that are not harassing or disruptive.

Once an employer is on notice that an employee objects to religious conduct that is directed at him or her, the employer should take steps to end the conduct because even conduct that the employer does not regard as abusive can become sufficiently severe or pervasive to affect the conditions of employment if allowed to persist in the face of the employee’s objection.

Employees who are the recipients of unwelcome religious conduct should inform the individual engaging in the conduct that they wish it to stop. If the conduct does not stop, employees should report it to their supervisor or other appropriate company official in accordance with the procedures established in the company’s anti-harassment policy.

Employees who do not wish to personally confront an individual who is directing unwelcome religious or anti-religious conduct towards them should report the conduct to their supervisor or other appropriate company official in accordance with the company’s anti-harassment policy.

Sitamun

The employer had no right to tell him what to do off the clock, second, unless the employer bans all non work related conversations between employees, they cant legally ban him talking about his faith, sorry, see the law.

It wasn't always off the clock. It was a mix of both.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Get a good laugh out of your persecution of Christians and others who believe in decency anna cuz I guarantee you this:

You are not going to win this culture war.
The culture war will always be a losing battle in this life, though it must be fought because of the few who will listen.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Matthew 7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Jose Fly

Still I don't think you will see anyone get fired for promoting gay marriage "on the clock.

If other employees complain about it you might. But then, even if it happens a lot of conservative Christians won't hear about it because their media sources (e.g., Christian Post) will never report on it. It doesn't feed into their persecution complex.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If other employees complain about it you might. But then, even if it happens a lot of conservative Christians won't hear about it because their media sources (e.g., Christian Post) will never report on it. It doesn't feed into their persecution complex.
Won't happen, not once, not ever.