Christian Man Fired From $60K Job for Sharing 'Audacity' Film With Lesbian Co-Workers

Jose Fly

I'm trying to figure out how someone would "promote gay marriage" to a co-worker.

"Hey, have you ever thought about marrying someone of the same sex? You should try it!" :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm trying to figure out how someone would "promote gay marriage" to a co-worker.

"Hey, have you ever thought about marrying someone of the same sex? You should try it!" :chuckle:

Yeah, it's not like gay marriage is a Girl Scout cookie sale, or Amway.

Sitamun

I used to work with a conservative born again evangelical Christian, a seventh day adventist, and a Jehovah's Witness. We would talk about religion, social issues, and politics all the time, and we disagreed on just about everything. That being said, we were friends, and still are friends, because we were respectful. That is the key here. Respect. It sounds like this guy wasn't respectful of his fellows.

Huckleberry

Maybe because some people are comfortable enough in their skins not to have to badger their co-workers and push their own personal beliefs on them.
More than one homosexual has come to Christ precisely cause they felt comfortable "badgering" and "pushing their own personal beliefs" on their Christian co-worker, secure in the knowledge that the law is on their side. The smart Christian learns how to respond in truth without losing their job.

Learn and understand the law. It's as much yours as it is theirs.

Granite

Hall of Fame
More than one homosexual has come to Christ precisely cause they felt comfortable "badgering" and "pushing their own personal beliefs" on their Christian co-worker, secure in the knowledge that the law is on their side. The smart Christian learns how to respond in truth without losing their job.

Learn and understand the law. It's as much yours as it is theirs.

Yes, indeed. And don't whine or scream "persecution" when you violate company policy.

Huckleberry

Yes, indeed. And don't whine or scream "persecution" when you violate company policy.
Unless it is indeed persecution.

You made the point earlier that...

I thought these guys wanted shop owners and business keepers to do as they liked, what with all the baker kerfuffles and all that.

Indeed. But if it's not across the board and the law holds some animals as more equal than others...well, what then?

Show me where a Christian can refuse to employ a homosexual, a homosexual can refuse to employ a Christian and a paranoid schizophrenic can refuse to employ anyone who doesn't wear the requisite tin foil hat...all under that same legal system. Then I'll have no leg to stand on. And I'll be fine with that.

This, unfortunately, isn't that.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Unless it is indeed persecution.

...in which case no one would have a chance to yell persecution.:rolleyes:

Indeed. But if it's not across the board and the law holds some animals as more equal than others...well, what then?

You should tell your brethren to keep that in mind. A few of them aren't so hot on the whole concept of equality.

Show me where a Christian can refuse to employ a homosexual, a homosexual can refuse to employ a Christian and a paranoid schizophrenic can refuse to employ anyone who doesn't wear the requisite tin foil hat...all under that same legal system.

This one. But what you're really asking is: "Show me a system where you can do what you wish without consequences."

TracerBullet

Un

Show me where a Christian can refuse to employ a homosexual,
There are 29 states where this is perfectly legal

a homosexual can refuse to employ a Christian
Christians are proteced from employment discrimination in all 50 states

and a paranoid schizophrenic can refuse to employ anyone who doesn't wear the requisite tin foil hat...all under that same legal system. Then I'll have no leg to stand on. And I'll be fine with that.
you seem to be missing a leg

TracerBullet

This reminds me of the doctor in Massachusetts who was fired for pointing out the health risks of the homosexual lifestyle.

Was this some kind of news story at some point?

Paul Church wasn't employed by the hospital he had admitting privileges.

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center ended his admitting privileges because he was not telling the truth about gay sex and had been doing so for years. Church used well known lies and fake research as his basis for his "concerns about health risks of gay sex."

I can't understand why a hospital would not want to be associated with a physician who knowingly dispenses false medical information

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I used to work with a conservative born again evangelical Christian, a seventh day adventist, and a Jehovah's Witness. We would talk about religion, social issues, and politics all the time, and we disagreed on just about everything. That being said, we were friends, and still are friends, because we were respectful. That is the key here. Respect. It sounds like this guy wasn't respectful of his fellows.

It does "sound" like that, but you have no idea if that is true.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Your examples are terribly misleading! Why should someone who works for a Christian organization feel free to promote what Christians hold to be sin? The photographer who was "fired" was self employed and "fired" by a customer, to which I say So what? And the guy who was fired by the football team claims that was the reason, but can't prove it.