ChristianForums banned Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Mustard Seed said:
I never said you did. But those outside Judeo-Christian belief have little care for differentiating between the 'holy' of the Bible and the 'magic' of the many myths of the world. To them the Red Sea parting is as hocus pocus as you seem to view our underclothing.

The Red Sea parting is a miracle performed by a holy God. Mormon garments are superstition with no power nor biblical basis. We trust Jesus and His Spirit to protect, anoint, empower, equip us, not Fruit of the Loom (offense intended....give your head a shake...it is amazing at how many intelligent people fall for the maze of Mormonism...shows the power of deception and fallenness of natural reasoning apart from spiritual revelation).

Mustard Seed

Sarcastikus said:
Isn't it a matter of interpretation? One person's myths may be another's truth; what one may consider mere magic may to another be a miraculous act of (a) God.

Not interpretation, rather capacity to discern. The interpretation implies that more than one explanation is true. Magic is simply priesthood viewed by those that do not know or understand priesthood. Likewise, those that understand priesthood realize that all matters which seem supernatural or 'magical' are simply an exercise of priesthood.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Mustard Seed said:
Not interpretation, rather capacity to discern. The interpretation implies that more than one explanation is true. Magic is simply priesthood viewed by those that do not know or understand priesthood. Likewise, those that understand priesthood realize that all matters which seem supernatural or 'magical' are simply an exercise of priesthood.

Mormons claim the Temple ceremonies are sacred, not secret. They were highly secret until they were exposed by those who participated, but have since left the church. The Masonic connections, occult connections, etc. should send you running from this goofiness.

Mustard Seed

godrulz said:
The Red Sea parting is a miracle performed by a holy God. Mormon garments are superstition with no power nor biblical basis. We trust Jesus and His Spirit to protect, anoint, empower, equip us, not Fruit of the Loom (offense intended....give your head a shake...it is amazing at how many intelligent people fall for the maze of Mormonism...shows the power of deception and fallenness of natural reasoning apart from spiritual revelation).

I don't trust "Fruit of the Loom". I also don't trust your view of what is or is not "biblical." You are being no different from buzzard. It's easy for both of you to dismiss something when you try to tie things like apparel brand names or junk food brand names to your cheap attempts at defamation. If you want to play the mocking game then be certain you can support such in like manner of Elijah.

Mustard Seed

godrulz said:
Mormons claim the Temple ceremonies are sacred, not secret. They were highly secret until they were exposed by those who participated, but have since left the church. The Masonic connections, occult connections, etc. should send you running from this goofiness.

They are sacred and not secret. Joseph Smith and other leaders of his day were open about the fact that the Masonic tradition is simply the degraded remnant of the ancient Temple rites.

oftenbuzzard

Mustard Seed said:
They are sacred and not secret. Joseph Smith and other leaders of his day were open about the fact that the Masonic tradition is simply the degraded remnant of the ancient Temple rites.

That is simply untrue.

The Temple ordinances are CLOSED to the public and even to Mormons who do not have a Temple reccommend.

Can you show me one LDS publication available to the public that gives the word of the Temple ritual if it is not SECRET?

Explain to us in your own words how to perform the Sure Sign of the Nail handshake. Since it is not SECRET, you should be able.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Mustard Seed said:
I don't trust "Fruit of the Loom". I also don't trust your view of what is or is not "biblical." You are being no different from buzzard. It's easy for both of you to dismiss something when you try to tie things like apparel brand names or junk food brand names to your cheap attempts at defamation. If you want to play the mocking game then be certain you can support such in like manner of Elijah.

Forgive me for stooping to cheap shots. I am trying to attack silly beliefs, not the individual who is deceived by them. I realize our behavior is not helping build bridges, but we have been around the block for months now. Only the Holy Spirit can open your eyes through His Word, but you must be open to investigating your beliefs objectively (2 Tim. 2:24-26 is my usual goal in dialogue).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Mustard Seed said:

Muslims and Catholics consider many of their rituals sacred, but they are not secretive about them (nor are these rituals of men sacred/divine). I think your understanding of chicken vs egg is wrong. Smith borrowed from Masons, but it is a creative explanation to make it look like Masons were a shadow of the real thing. There is no biblical basis for this connection and it is highly suspect. Christianity (except Catholicism, at times) is not tainted by an occult/Masonic connection like JWs and Mormons, who have 'doctrines of demons' (Bible phrase).

Mustard Seed

oftenbuzzard said:
That is simply untrue.

The Temple ordinances are CLOSED to the public and even to Mormons who do not have a Temple reccommend.

Can you show me one LDS publication available to the public that gives the word of the Temple ritual if it is not SECRET?

Explain to us in your own words how to perform the Sure Sign of the Nail handshake. Since it is not SECRET, you should be able.

We want everyone to be able to enter in the temple, that's why we send missionaries throughout the world. Anyone who REALLY wants to enter need but simply convert and live lives that will ready them for such.

And what's the problem with it not being available to anyone without any preperation? Israel limited access to it's temple and tabernacle.

Mustard Seed

godrulz said:
Muslims and Catholics consider many of their rituals sacred, but they are not secretive about them (nor are these rituals of men sacred/divine). I think your understanding of chicken vs egg is wrong. Smith borrowed from Masons, but it is a creative explanation to make it look like Masons were a shadow of the real thing. There is no biblical basis for this connection and it is highly suspect. Christianity (except Catholicism, at times) is not tainted by an occult/Masonic connection like JWs and Mormons, who have 'doctrines of demons' (Bible phrase).

Simply considering something sacred and treating it as such are two different things. A woman can claim that she sees her body as sacred but if she exposes parts of it without discression then is she really acting according to her claims?

oftenbuzzard

Mustard Seed said:
We want everyone to be able to enter in the temple, that's why we send missionaries throughout the world. Anyone who REALLY wants to enter need but simply convert and live lives that will ready them for such.

And what's the problem with it not being available to anyone without any preperation? Israel limited access to it's temple and tabernacle.

WHERE'S THE SURE SIGN OF THE NAIL DESRIPTION?

oftenbuzzard

Mustard Seed said:
You're the one who claims to know the secret. You're the one who claims there's a secret.

Describe it if it isn't a secret.
Stop the avoidance to cover your deception that it is not a sceret it's just sacred.

no avatar

SteveG. said:
Sounds like CF.com is trying far too hard to be polite and in the process depriving readers some good, solid and informative debating. What a bunch of pansies.
Another one that only reads the half-truths purported by some in an attention-grabbing, self-promotional stunt designed to draw in new members, and doesn't venture over in person to check out the "facts". :bang:

no avatar

oftenbuzzard said:
OH! OH! PICK ME! PICK ME!

I can explain/demonstrate it!

PLEASE PICK ME!

Mustard Seed

no avatar said:
Another one that only reads the half-truths purported by some in an attention-grabbing, self-promotional stunt designed to draw in new members, and doesn't venture over in person to check out the "facts". :bang:

You just described old buzzard here.

Mustard Seed

Apparently someone else knows the purported secret. One wonders if it's really a secret you have there. I mean if no avatar knows it then who else might know it?

Status
Not open for further replies.