Comments on Bob Enyart's Proposed New US Constitution

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
...why would I have joined a discussion forum?
:idunno:

My curiosity is in finding out just how many people AGREE with it, because I want to understand their endgame. Is that what people really want to see? That somebody is liable to be executed because they're gay?
Homosexuality has only recently become legal in this country (it still remains illegal in many states, although largely unenforced). Are saying that you like it better now than the way it was in the past?

I think homosexuality is part of the reason that the fabric of this country is unraveling. I tend to agree with the Founding Fathers that homosexuality should be criminal.

drbrumley

Homosexuality has only recently become legal in this country (it still remains illegal in many states, although largely unenforced). Are saying that you like it better now than the way it was in the past?

I think homosexuality is part of the reason that the fabric of this country is unraveling. I tend to agree with the Founding Fathers that homosexuality should be criminal.

Right on!:up:

Oosterlitz

"I think homosexuality is part of the reason that the fabric of this country is unraveling. "

That's quite a statement, and completely unsubstantiated. Are you capable of going beyond rhetoric? If so, please do...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"I think homosexuality is part of the reason that the fabric of this country is unraveling. "

That's quite a statement, and completely unsubstantiated. Are you capable of going beyond rhetoric? If so, please do...
Why should I do your heavy lifting? If you think homosexuality has been a benefit to this country that's also unsubstantiated so maybe you can go "beyond the rhetoric"?

Do you believe I am wrong for thinking that homosexuality should be criminal?

NetPyro

I don't think you're going to find that the founding fathers addressed homosexuality in the constitution or even federal law. Laws concerning homosexuality tend to be state laws.

drbrumley

I don't think you're going to find that the founding fathers addressed homosexuality in the constitution or even federal law. Laws concerning homosexuality tend to be state laws.

Hint; Everything was a matter of the states. The states were soverign in and by themselves. That changed after the Civil War

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the only question is what punishment fits the crime?

That is really a different question than "should it be a crime?' After all, if it shouldn't be a crime, what difference does the punishment make?

killswitch

BANNED
Banned
Is that how you answer a question? With another question?

First.... just answer the question.

work on your reading comprehension.

its the liberals and homosexuals that are dragging this great country down.

what should be done about it? how should they be punished?

NetPyro

Why should I do your heavy lifting? If you think homosexuality has been a benefit to this country that's also unsubstantiated so maybe you can go "beyond the rhetoric"?
Because the burden of proof lies with the one who makes the claim.

Yes, I think you are wrong. We do not live in a theocracy like Iran no matter how much you may wish we did. The bible may say that homosexuality is wrong, but that is God's law and it is his to punish as he sees fit. In reality, consensual homosexuality, even if viewed as a crime is a victimless one, just like heterosexuality.

Last edited:

drbrumley

Because the burden of proof lies with the one who makes the claim.

Yes, I think you are wrong. We do not live in a theocracy like Iran no matter how much you may wish we did. The bible may say that homosexuality is wrong, but that is God's law and it is his to punish as he sees fit. In reality, consensual homosexuality, even if viewed as a crime is a victimless one, just like heterosexuality.

:sigh: A victimless crime? Tell that to the child molested by homos.

ranchkid

OK, good, we are making progress.

On what basis do you assert I am wrong? What is the foundation for your belief?

Nope. Not going to be put in the impossible position of defending a negative.

The assertion's up to you on this one.

Why should homosexuality be made criminal?

Also - the Founding Fathers having addressed homosexuality is a new one on me. Got a source document?

NetPyro

Hint; Everything was a matter of the states. The states were soverign in and by themselves. That changed after the Civil War
I don't need a hint, especially so since your's was pointless. Knight claimed, or at least inferred, that the founding fathers found homosexuality criminal. If they followed English law, one could assume they did, if they followed Napoleonic law, they may not have, BUT, they never addressed it in the constitution or in federal law. They left it up to the states to address as they saw fit.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I really don't understand how people can say homosexuality does not harm society. I mean, I almost got in a car accident today because of them.

NetPyro

:sigh: A victimless crime? Tell that to the child molested by homos.
Well how about all the little girls raped by adult men? How about female school teachers molesting young boys in their charge? Am I to understand you feel that is OK since it's heterosexual? Please tell me you're not really a Dr.

drbrumley

I don't need a hint, especially so since your's was pointless. Knight claimed, or at least inferred, that the founding fathers found homosexuality criminal. If they followed English law, one could assume they did, if they followed Napoleonic law, they may not have, BUT, they never addressed it in the constitution or in federal law. They left it up to the states to address as they saw fit.

The Constitution limits the federal government, thereby they didn't have address it in the Constitution. It was assumed everyone knew this was a crime. Little did they know.