Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
maybe if he's saying to his servant "get me my crown - it's over there"
or if he's telling the crown-repair guy "this ruby right here is loose"
i suppose he doesn't have to point to his crown in those instances, but it certainly would seem to make communication more effective
That was certainly...clueless. Though on you it works.

yeah, polly prissypants has tried pulling that crap on me in the past as well
That crap being relating the narrative of NM, the mother of a child with Downs Syndrome. The message picked up by the organizations that promote the Special Olympics, along with many others. Yeah, that "crap." There you are, sod. I was wondering when you'd be more you.

i find this a good rebuttal:
Sod thinks hiding behind a mistake by Knight is somehow a rebuttal. God knows why.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
see, this why you should use a filter - the following isn't funny, isn't clever or witty, it's just so predictably tiresome - the automatic response of the eighth grader with adhd, the class clown, the final word:

labored attempts at humor are boring town :yawn:

ok doser

That crap being relating the narrative of NM, the mother of a child with Downs Syndrome. The message picked up by the organizations that promote the Special Olympics, along with many others. Yeah, that "crap." There you are, sod. I was wondering when you'd be more you.

And.... it's that kind of moronic, asinine statement that makes all of us fully realize what a retard you are.

good job, retard! :wave2:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
a "mistake" used by knight numerous times :chuckle:
Every time he or anyone uses it. Sure.
good job, retard! :wave2:
I don't believe you're capable or understanding it because you're missing that part of what makes a human being more than an actor, but maybe GT will get a better look at you if you keep this sort of thing up.

That would almost make speaking to you again worth the effort.

I'm an optimist. :e4e:

ok doser

Every time he or anyone uses it. Sure.

because you're the arbiter of what is or isn't a mistake? :darwinsm:

hubris much?
I don't believe you're capable (of) understanding it because you're missing that part of what makes a human being more than an actor...

i don't believe you've demonstrated an ability to make that distinction here town

in fact, your behavior here tonight with GT indicates that, in this particular, you are a hypocrite

or a projectionist

mind the moths

God's Truth

Not really. If you can't remember a thing you noted twice relating to my appearance I can't help you. The thing I said quote me on for context.
It is retarded to think I need help from you.
No, that's not it. I'm past trying to give her an insight into why she's so roundly disliked. She's determined it's a virtue. Meshak does that.
It is retarded to think I don't know why I am disliked, and how it goes with the territory when you preach God's Truth.

Well, it's true that if I don't like you then you've made an effort on that part.
Big deal, king. You don't seem very liked yourself.

Avoid talking to him about your theological perspective. You two will get a good look at the other if you ever do. At least one of you won't like the view.

He knows though this deeper thing that you so majorly miss; and for that, I am glad to agree with him.

God's Truth

Sod thinks hiding behind a mistake by Knight is somehow a rebuttal. God knows why.

I know a mother of a retarded child that isn't bothered by that word.
Maybe you should stop using OCD to put down others.
Oh man, I can show you a retard.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It is retarded to think I need help from you.
It's sad to believe you don't need help from anyone.

Do you need help from anyone, GT?

It is retarded to think I don't know why I am disliked, and how it goes with the territory when you preach God's Truth.
It is a tragic thing, this insulation you've constructed. I know people who believe in works as you do who aren't held in disregard so widely.

It isn't your belief. It's you. Or how you chose to advance your belief. Until you accept responsibility for that nothing will change for you.

Big deal, king. You don't seem very liked yourself.
Being widely liked doesn't mean being liked by everyone; just as being widely disliked doesn't mean being disliked by everyone.

He knows though this deeper thing that you so majorly miss; and for that, I am glad to agree with him.
I don't think your "friendship" could survive without the thing it depends upon. And your nature or his will tear it apart the moment you stop insisting on avoiding anything but your present fixation.

I know a mother of a retarded child that isn't bothered by that word.
I know black people who aren't bothered by the N word. I know a famous Jew who hates Jews. You can find nearly anything if you look hard enough for it.

Maybe you should stop using OCD to put down others.
You still haven't quoted me doing that.

It's not much, as works go.

Oh man, I can show you a retard.
And there you both make my case and ignore it.

A withered crop as fruit goes.

Okay then, have a good one. See you at the other joint, or not. :cheers:

God's Truth

It's sad to believe you don't need help from anyone.

Do you need help from anyone, GT?

It is a tragic thing, this insulation you've constructed. I know people who believe in works as you do who aren't held in disregard so widely.

It isn't your belief. It's you. Or how you chose to advance your belief. Until you accept responsibility for that nothing will change for you.

Being widely liked doesn't mean being liked by everyone; just as being widely disliked doesn't mean being disliked by everyone.

I don't think your "friendship" could survive without the thing it depends upon. And your nature or his will tear it apart the moment you stop insisting on avoiding anything but your present fixation.

I know black people who aren't bothered by the N word. I know a famous Jew who hates Jews. You can find nearly anything if you look hard enough for it.

You still haven't quoted me doing that.

It's not much, as works go.

And there you both make my case and ignore it.

A withered crop as fruit goes.

Okay then, have a good one. See you at the other joint, or not. :cheers:

Retarded isn't a bad word, it is a real condition. You need to learn some respect.
I couldn't care to have friends like you and yours.
I am disliked for good things, things you obviously know nothing about.
As for that other site, it is too evil.

God's Truth

I've been here for going on seven years, and wrote thousands upon thousands of posts about the Holy Bible. If no one sees any good qualities about me, or if they think they have to give me lessons on making friends, then maybe they should look into themselves why they don't like me just the way I am. I have been attacked here worse than anyone, and still showed great restraint in defending myself and my beliefs.

Arthur Brain

Retarded isn't a bad word, it is a real condition. You need to learn some respect.
I couldn't care to have friends like you and yours.
I am disliked for good things, things you obviously know nothing about.
As for that other site, it is too evil.

It certainly isn't but trolls throw about the term as puerile insult, mainly because they lack the wit to come up with anything actually witty. It's pathetic but then who'd expect anything more or less?

:idunno:

ok doser

Would you be comfortable using that word in the company of parents of an autistic child?

would you be comfortable using the words "dumb", "stupid", "moron", "idiot" in the company of parents of a child who was retarded?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
children on the spectrum aren't retarded, so yeah, why not?
I think the idea expressed is accusing someone of being intellectually and mentally lethargic, asleep at the wheel or asleep on their feet, and it's a call to snap out of it, or to wake up. Rouse yourself, basically, is what I mean by it. It means when I use it, that you're asleep on your feet. Snap out of it, .... That word. Snap out of it, that word. 'That word,' that we're talking about. Snap out of it, ....

That's what I mean by it. I don't at all mean to compare anything with autistic people. They have no choice. The people I'm thinking of believe things that autistic people might believe, but also what people who are asleep at the wheel might believe. And I know they're not autistic, so I wish to convey, "Wake up!"

"That word!"

I find generally that people don't respond favorably to it at all, and that therefore it's usually just my own blowing off of steam, is what I must logically conclude. Since I've thought about parents who have autistic kids, I've really decided that I can't ever utter the word unless I'm overly complicatedly making sure that it's not being recorded or overheard, which makes using the word too expensive for me; too rich for my blood.

So I'm plodding through an attempted change of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.