Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Fly

No lecture Jose, but science has proven evolutionists wrong on many things including "junk" DNA, Piltdown man, psuedogenes, poor eye design, "simple" genes, *useless appendix, Haeckel's 'embryo's, *Darwinius masillae claims, *peppered moth claims, Darwin's tree, coelacanth exintinction, Neandertal claims, *Lamarkian evolution, 'Theory' of pangenesis, Darwins tree, archaeorapter, whale evolution claims, Nebraska man, useless human 'tailbone', *female inferiority, *Miller -Urey claims, *Archaeopteryx claims, *scientific racism, 'Lucy' claims..... *etc. Etc.

Science helps prove the truth of God's Word. **

So after seeing one of your memorized talking points be negated by the actual science of record, the best response you could muster is to sputter out as many more shallow talking points as you can in rapid succession.

You've been characterized as a human parrot, a broken tape recorder, mindless robot, and a host of other things centering on the same theme. I suspect this latest performance is only going to further that.

Jose.... you are disappointed that science has junked your beliefs about Junk DNA.

What an ignorant thing to say. I have no "beliefs about junk DNA". Instead I have a wealth of data, all gathered and analyzed under the framework of evolutionary common ancestry and evolutionary mechanisms, that shows some genetic regions are functional and others aren't.

And all you can do is sit on the sidelines with the other creationists and throw rocks.

Its hard for you to admit but even qualified evolutionists are now admitting things in peer reviewed journals such as "the term 'junk DNA' for many years repelled mainstream researchers from studying noncoding DNA".Its yet another example of evolutionism hindering science.*

Again you illustrate your ignorance of basic science, continuing to believe that snippets of sentences are superior to actual data. Despite having this error pointed out to you countless times, you choose to repeat it time and again, even reveling in it.

6days

popsthebuilder said:
A day can refer to an age or period of time.
That is true. So does that mean that Jesus was in the tomb 3 ages? Was Jonah in the fish for 3 long periods of time? No...of course not. Context always determines the meaning. So why do you reject the context in the chapters that are foundational to the gospel?

Lets try this..... the word 'day' is used hundreds of times in the OT, outside of Genesis 1. Can you find any instance where there is no context leaving the meaning ambiguous? (I already* gave you an example from Genesis 2, where 'day' is used with two different meanings.... Can you determine the meaning from context?)Yes!
popsthebuilder said:
And again; GOD is infinite so a day could literally refer to any amount of time technically.
Absolutely not. Context context context. The context in Genesis 1 does not allow for just any amount of time. Throughout the OT, every single time the word 'YOM' is combined with an ordinal number (Ex 40 days, or third day), it refers to a 24 hour day. Throughout the OT, every single time the word 'YOM' is combined with words of“evening and (or )*morning”, it refers to a day measured by the night-day cycle. So why compromise God's Word in Genesis?

Not only that but God seemed to know there would be the hard of believing so He defined what a day is for you..."God calledthe light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.”*And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day". It then seems God knew He needed to emphasize the point..'evening and morning..day 2'...'evening and morning..day 3'.. etc etc
popsthebuilder said:
How does the gospel message demand that the word day in Genesis must refer to a 24 hour period?
A Christian Apologist Answers
Joe Boot, President of Ezra Institute for Contemporary Christianity
“Since the doctrines of Creation, the Fall and Redemption stand in an absolute historical continuum, we get a distorted worldview when we play games with Genesis.
“The apologist seeks to present biblical truth with coherence. In my experience, one cannot even formulate a compelling response to classic questions like the problem of evil and pain without a clear stand with Scripture on the creation issue.

“I have never been able to see how anyone who wants to defend the faith and proclaim the Gospel can compromise the foundation stones of that defence and then expect clear-thinking people to find a proclamation of salvation in Christ compelling.”

A Theologian Answers
Dr Peter Barnes, lecturer in church history at the Presbyterian Theological Centre in Sydney. He wrote: “…if God wanted us to understand the creation week as a literal week, He could hardly have made the point any clearer…. The theological argument is also compelling. According to the Bible, there was no death until there was sin. The creation is cursed only after Adam sinned (cf. Genesis 3; Romans 5:12–21; 8:19–25). This implies that all the fossils of dead animals must date from after Adam’s fall. If there was blood and violence in the creation before Adam sinned, the theological structure of the biblical message would appear to suffer considerable dislocation"

A Biologist Answers*
Dr Georgia Purdom says "many Christians have compromised on the historical and theological importance of Genesis. If Adam and Eve aren’t real people who sinned in the Garden of Eden, and as a result we are all not sinners, then Jesus Christ’s death on the cross was useless. ...the*literal truth of Genesis is so important to the authority and truthfulness of Scripture. It is the very foundation of the Gospel."

An Atheist Answers
From atheists.org/atheism
"if Adam and Eve and the Talking Snake are myths, then Original Sin is also a myth, right? Well, think about it.

Jesus’ major purpose was to save mankind from Original Sin.Original Sin makes believers unworthy of salvation, but you get it anyway, so you should be grateful for being saved (from that which does not exist)Without Original Sin, the marketing that all people are sinners and therefore need to accept Jesus falls moot.

All we are asking is that you take what you know into serious consideration, even if it means taking a hard look at all you’ve been taught for your whole life. No Adam and Eve means no need for a savior. It also means that the Bible cannot be trusted as a source of unambiguous, literal truth. It is completely unreliable, because it all begins with a myth, and builds on that as a basis. No Fall of Man means no need for atonement and no need for a redeemer. You know it."

A Prof / PhD Biblical Studies Answers*
Dr. Tom Wang says "Often, people will use the old argument that we should concentrate on preaching the Gospel, rather than get distracted by ‘side-issues’ such as Creation. But if we cannot believe the record of Creation, then why believe the record of the New Creation (‘if anyone is in Christ, he is a New Creation; the old is gone, the new has come’—2 Corinthians 5:17)?”

Our Creator Answers*
JESUS speaking "Haven't you read the Scriptures?They record that from the beginning 'God made them male and female.'"

popsthebuilder said:
You say exegesis demands it, but we know that the Word of GOD is truthful and simple.
Yes... For example Ex.20:11 is truthful and simple "For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."

popsthebuilder said:
We also know that GOD doesn't condemn actual truthful scientific endeavor, and the plain science shows that the earth is well over 6000 years old. I mean, the last ice age is estimated to have occurred 2.6 million years ago, but the earth is only 6000 years old. That flies in the face of simple and truth.
You seem to suggest that secular opinion overrides what God says...(And overrides thousands of scientists who say the evidence is consistent with God's Word, and a young earth). Jesus also accepted the plain simple straight forward reading of Genesis referring to male and female "from the beginning of creation"

I like Martin Luther's Words on this "When Moses writes that God created heaven and earth and whatever is in them in six days, then let this period continue to have been six days, and do not venture to devise any comment according to which six days were one day. But if you cannot understand how this could have been done in six days, then grant the Holy Spirit the honor of being more learned than you are. For you are to deal with Scripture in such a way that you bear in mind that God Himself says what is written. But since God is speaking, it is not fitting for you wantonly to turn His Word in the direction you wish to go"

or, John Wesley "We are not to think but that God could have made the world in an instant: but he did it in six days, that he might shew himself a free agent, doing his own work, both in his own way, and in his own time; that his wisdom, power and goodness, might appear to us, and be meditated upon by us, the more distinctly; and that he might set us an example of working six days, and resting the seventh."

Last edited:

Rosenritter

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tyrathca
Science got something wrong and self corrected, no thanks to creationists.

Nope..... Science did not get it wrong..... Evolutionists had it wrong. Fortunately science corrected

And THAT is the dishonest argument that's been raging for months on this board. Substitute the word "scientists" for "evolutionists" is the long exhausted trick that isn't fooling anyone here. Except maybe the evolutionists.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MichaelCadry,

Firstly, GOD is omniscient and omnipotent and all is HIS creation. With that being said; your statement about GOD seeing the need for change in HIS creation means both that GOD isn't omniscient, and that GOD makes mistakes. To claim that GOD must change things is to say that GOD makes mistakes. I just can't justify that.

Dear Pops,

I'm not saying God made ANY mistakes! God just changes simpler things, like when one of His creations moves to different environments. There is NOTHING wrong with that. Don't put words into my mouth. Everything God made was good. I'm not arguing with that.

Even the staunchest of evolutionists won't agree with you that we came from chimps or another type of monkey, but they will say that both the monkeys and humans have a common ancestor. If you think life is without change over time then, well, look into the seating capacities of stadiums. Way back in the gap they were able to cram more people into stadiums than today because people are generally larger than they used to be. I am not saying that the creation story is wrong, but if GOD simply made the earth seem 6 billion years old, but it was actually only 6 thousand years old then that makes god a deceiver. Something else I cannot justify.

Something you are just not getting. There was no evolving of chimps and man having the same ancestors because man was not the product of evolution. Instead, he was created separately from chimps. He didn't result as a descendant of chimps because God CREATED him instead. Man was created in HIS image, nothing besides that. Do you know what is written in Gen. chapter one? Are you an theist or what??

I'm just saying that when God created man, he made an older Adam than a baby or child. He created a young man. Aged. Not a baby. Also, He make the creatures aged too, instead of creating them as eggs or babies. He also made the trees aged or else Adam would not have a tree to pick any fruit from. The chicken came before the egg. So if someone asks you which came first, the chicken or the egg, say chicken. I'm not saying God is trying to deceive anyone!

To be made in the image of God is to be comprised of the substance of GOD, not to be in likeness in physical form to the Spirit of GOD which isn't physical.

No, that won't work, pops. It's in God's likeness! Get it? Didn't Jesus tell us "he who hath seen Me hath seen the Father." You just want to be right about your deduction, but that does not cut it.

Do I think GOD sits up somewhere separate from creation and does nothing? No, I'm not a deist. I have no doubt what so ever that GOD is quite involved in HIS creation.

So you are a theist? Why don't you believe what's written in the Bible then? Yes, He is quite involved.

Why would you assume that I don't know about life? You know little of me. I won't be assuming things of you friend. So you say GOD controls all these things(which I agree with by the way) but calling these changes evolution is somehow wrong to you? What would you have us call it?

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Certainly NOT evolution! I'd call it transformation or something. I'm very glad you believe in God. Why do you put such limits on Him. I don't like the term evolution because it infers that Adam was not created by God, but instead God's image is that of a chimp. Man did not evolve from an ancestor of a chimp. He didn't evolve at all. He was CREATED by God in God's image instead. That's where man came from.

I'm sorry I have to disagree with you. Things would be better if I didn't.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

popsthebuilder

MichaelCadry,

So you accept that things can change over time.

I didn't say that evolutionist were right; I simply stated that they do not contend that man came from chimps. I also never said I believed that or not.

Chicken before the egg; got it.
And though you don't intentionally make GOD out to be a liar, it is insinuated by your claims. If the earth is only 6000 years old, but seams exponentially older than that then there is deception a foot on some level. You can deny that this is what you meant, and I'm certain you didn't mean that God is a liar. It just doesn't change anything though.

Woe, what won't work?

Do you deny that GOD is spirit? Do you deny that the Holy Spirit indwells in those GOD so chose before the foundation of the earth? Likeness is in spirit and not flesh. If you refute this then you are more lost than you seemed to be initially. So explain why that doesn't cut it please, and why I must conform to your opinion that likeness is a physical likeness.

I do believe the Bible, but find those who take it literally are very lost indeed, similar to the Pharisees in the time of the Christ. They believed their books, but still were way off the narrow path due to misinterpretation and greed.

So I won't call change over time due to adaptation to habitat evolution.

I won't be calling it transformation either though, as that is more suited for a fast or immediate change, not something gradual that takes place over 10s of 1000s of years or more.

Your accusations and presuppositions won't frighten me; I don't really care what others think of me and am generally regarded as a heretic anyway. One thing about ones faith not stemming from the doctrines of man; it doesn't waver due to the decrees of man either.

Peace friend, sincerely

Last edited:

Tyrathca

Nope.

Darwinists run for the hills when it comes to talking evidence. They will do anything to avoid it.
Out of the two of us only one had said that evidence is not needed. Should I quote you again?

As always creationists will say anything to avoid talking about the evidence.

:)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Tyrathca

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tyrathca
Science got something wrong and self corrected, no thanks to creationists.

And THAT is the dishonest argument that's been raging for months on this board. Substitute the word "scientists" for "evolutionists" is the long exhausted trick that isn't fooling anyone here. Except maybe the evolutionists.
It's not a trick is what they are, what they do and what they call themselves. No one goes around calling themselves am evolutionists unless creationists ate somehow involved.

Your opinion that they aren't really scientists is meaningless, you hold no authority on the matter nor a reason other than you disagree with their evidence. You are supremely under qualified to make that judgement and have anyone care.

Tyrathca

Should I quote you.....?
Lying won't help you.

Yes. :up:
OK then...
Nope. The assertion that God created the universe does not require screeds of citations. You either accept it, or you don't.

Demanding evidence for that which you are determined must not be true is your way of avoiding the discussion.

As ever you'll do anything to avoid talking about the evidence. What evidence HAVE you talked about recently?... That would be a big none as far as I see it

As always Darwinists will say anything to avoid talking about the evidence.
Try reading sometime, you'll learn something! :up:

Rosenritter

6days,

A day can refer to an age or period of time. And again; GOD is infinite so a day could literally refer to any amount of time technically. Also; GOD created the passage of time, and established the stars and the course of the moon and sun for us to keep track of time, so before all that even happened, you demand that a day must be a 24 hour period. How does the gospel message demand that the word day in Genesis must refer to a 24 hour period?

You say exegesis demands it, but we know that the Word of GOD is truthful and simple. We also know that GOD doesn't condemn actual truthful scientific endeavor, and the plain science shows that the earth is well over 6000 years old. I mean, the last ice age is estimated to have occurred 2.6 million years ago, but the earth is only 6000 years old. That flies in the face of simple and truth.

Don't worry about explaining what you said earlier.

Peace

Pops, the word "day" can mean different things in English also. It can mean 12 hours of light, it can mean twenty four hours, it can mean a period of time. Just like in Hebrew.

Genesis 1:5 KJV
(5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

John 11:9 KJV
(9) Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

Acts 2:20 KJV
(20) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

I don't think this is hard to figure out from context. The creation account in Genesis uses day as "twenty four hours", the passage in John 11:9 uses day for "the light portion of the day within a twenty-four hour period" and the passage in Acts uses day as "a period of time.

The creation in Genesis is obvious because it defines its own terms right there in the passage. "The evening and the morning were the first day." Twenty-four hours.

Rosenritter

And though you don't intentionally make GOD out to be a liar, it is insinuated by your claims. If the earth is only 6000 years old, but seams exponentially older than that then there is deception a foot on some level. You can deny that this is what you meant, and I'm certain you didn't mean that God is a liar. It just doesn't change anything though.

The world wouldn't seem older to you if you hadn't already been programmed. I can tell you what level the deception takes place at. It's not at God's level, it's at the level of the free agents that declare that there is no God.

2 Peter 3:3-6 KJV
(3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
(4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
(5) For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
(6) Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

popsthebuilder

Pops, the word "day" can mean different things in English also. It can mean 12 hours of light, it can mean twenty four hours, it can mean a period of time. Just like in Hebrew.

Genesis 1:5 KJV
(5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

John 11:9 KJV
(9) Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

Acts 2:20 KJV
(20) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

I don't think this is hard to figure out from context. The creation account in Genesis uses day as "twenty four hours", the passage in John 11:9 uses day for "the light portion of the day within a twenty-four hour period" and the passage in Acts uses day as "a period of time.

The creation in Genesis is obvious because it defines its own terms right there in the passage. "The evening and the morning were the first day." Twenty-four hours.
But that would confine the explanation by the sun/ moon and revolution of the earth which had yet to have been established.

Peace

gcthomas

The world wouldn't seem older to you if you hadn't already been programmed. I can tell you what level the deception takes place at ... it's at the level of the free agents that declare that there is no God.

Since many of the scientific principles that you reject were developed by God-fearing Christians, that statement is demonstrably false, no matter how much you need it to be true.

You seem to be rejecting as atheists the many Christians who do not accept your fundamental assertions of biblical literalism over the traditional allegorical ways of reading parts of the Bible. Who are you to say they are not Christians, but atheists?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:mock: Stripe

Darwinists will do anything to avoid the topic.

You accused 6 of responding to evidence by repeating claims. However, your "evidence" requires the assumption of your Darwinism. When you use the fallacy of begging the question, we are justified in rejecting what you believe and sticking with what we believe.

The assertion that God created the universe does not require screeds of citations, you can just reject it, if you like.

However, demanding evidence is just your means of sticking rabidly to what you could never consider so you can avoid the discussion.

Tyrathca

It is really amazing how Stripe can write so many posts yet never actually contribute anything of substance.

Is is always darwinists do this, and darwinists do that, and try reading, and blah blah blah. Nothing of note. Ever.
So true, at least with 6days for all his faults I can have an actual discussion. I respect that.

Stripe on the other hand..... Constant meaningless canned responses. I'm not even sure he's noticed I'm literally regurgitating them verbatim back to him whenever they fit. It's particularly hilarious when he goes on to use the same phrase in response not long after. Good enough for him is good enough for me I think! :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.